Author Topic: BBC 1's Universal Credit: Inside the Welfare State  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: BBC 1's Universal Credit: Inside the Welfare State
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 05:34:22 PM »
The Oxfam/Haiti scandal proves that scandals involving white, male charity workers and the young women they are supposed to be helping certainly is saleable and people are interested.

The second case I’m sure this happens with many, many charity donations and I’d have thought our rightwing press would be all over a story like that.....especially if they could entwine Corbyn in the narrative.

And unfortunately you can’t say the sheer scale of benefit fraud is horrendous while at the same time saying there isn't the staff to investigate it. How do we know ?

I am talking years ago before it became 'news'! No one would touch it with a barge pole. It is still going on...

The DWP get inundated with claims of fraud, They have to pick and chose which ones to go after, there isn't enough investigation staff. From the horses mouth -which would be shut permanently if found out as they do not like whistle blowers.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 05:38:51 PM »

I am talking years ago before it became 'news'! No one would touch it with a barge pole. It is still going on...

The DWP get inundated with claims of fraud, They have to pick and chose which ones to go after, there isn't enough investigation staff. From the horses mouth -which would be shut permanently if found out as they do not like whistle blowers.

If claims of fraud aren’t investigated then they can’t be deemed to be fraud. Fraud claims are made for all sorts of reasons, many disingenuous.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 05:48:31 PM »
If claims of fraud aren’t investigated then they can’t be deemed to be fraud. Fraud claims are made for all sorts of reasons, many disingenuous.

You are under no obligation to believe me. I have no cause to disbelieve my friends.

They have case loads to manage- HUGE caseloads. As far as I am aware. ( many disingenuous) like what for example? Do we have public stats for this at all?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 05:59:07 PM »

You are under no obligation to believe me. I have no cause to disbelieve my friends.

They have case loads to manage- HUGE caseloads. As far as I am aware. ( many disingenuous) like what for example? Do we have public stats for this at all?

Disingenuous such as discarded spouses or partners, disgruntled neighbours, jealous ‘friends’.

I’m sure your friends are truthful but they are in the same position as you or I, if there is no staff or money to investigate the claims we can’t know which are genuine and which are mischievous.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 06:24:08 PM »
Disingenuous such as discarded spouses or partners, disgruntled neighbours, jealous ‘friends’.

I’m sure your friends are truthful but they are in the same position as you or I, if there is no staff or money to investigate the claims we can’t know which are genuine and which are mischievous.

"Disingenuous such as discarded spouses or partners, disgruntled neighbours, jealous ‘friends’."

Yes, these are some of the avenues to investigate, however depending on the claim it is easy to establish which ones will not take up too much time. Some cases are so complex it can take up to and over a year.

You are more likely to be charged and imprisoned if you are a 'single mother' than a  single man.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2020, 06:39:33 PM »
"Disingenuous such as discarded spouses or partners, disgruntled neighbours, jealous ‘friends’."

Yes, these are some of the avenues to investigate, however depending on the claim it is easy to establish which ones will not take up too much time. Some cases are so complex it can take up to and over a year.

You are more likely to be charged and imprisoned if you are a 'single mother' than a  single man.

Or a politician who’s fiddled his expenses.

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2020, 07:20:33 PM »
Or a politician who’s fiddled his expenses.

lol Only Certain politicians. :) Many of then did it from all both benches!!!