Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 30008 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 08:56:53 PM »
'The Sun' printed information under the auspices of "The pal said:"  @)(++(* What's wrong with that?
Well the problem for me is I don't understand what "the PAL said" means.
"A friend of the McCanns said today: “They were told it would be a softly softly discussion about how they are coping after all these years and how their twins are faring."  OK that might be Ricardo again!  He was some sort of pal too wasn't he!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 09:16:11 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 09:30:26 PM »
Well the problem for me is I don't understand what "the PAL said" means.
"A friend of the McCanns said today: “They were told it would be a softly softly discussion about how they are coping after all these years and how their twins are faring."  OK that might be Ricardo again!  He was some sort of pal too wasn't he!

In my opinion it just means that the entire article is not worth the paper it is printed on and I doubt very much if Paiva is on Kate and Gerry's Christmas card list :)
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 09:54:57 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6156218/madeline-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-warned-not-talk-11th-anniversary-disappearance/

Odd story in so many ways.

Is it really believable that if asked not to the presenters of Loose Women would ask questions of the parents that they know may jeopardise an ongoing investigation?

The McCanns, if asked, could simply say that they cannot discuss the investigation, as they have before. How could that possibly jeopardise any ongoing enquiries?

As I said an odd article on so many levels.

Times are a changing.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 10:23:24 PM »
In my opinion it just means that the entire article is not worth the paper it is printed on and I doubt very much if Paiva is on Kate and Gerry's Christmas card list :)
Now you are confusing me even more.  Are you now saying no friend of the McCanns spoke to the media about this topic.
I'll go back to my original question then how did the paper find out?  "How did we get to know there will be no interview this year?"
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 10:32:29 PM »
Now you are confusing me even more.  Are you now saying no friend of the McCanns spoke to the media about this topic.
I'll go back to my original question then how did the paper find out?  "How did we get to know there will be no interview this year?"

Like you I am a relative newcomer to the parallel universe we choose to enter every time we hit the power on button on our respective computers.  But I have become long enough in the tooth of it all to disregard all media reports which are not direct quotes from the individuals to whom the article refers or a named, designated spokesperson.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 10:42:11 PM »
Like you I am a relative newcomer to the parallel universe we choose to enter every time we hit the power on button on our respective computers.  But I have become long enough in the tooth of it all to disregard all media reports which are not direct quotes from the individuals to whom the article refers or a named, designated spokesperson.
Well do you think it is right that the McCanns have been asked not to give interviews this anniversary?  Do you believe that bit?
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 11:07:12 PM »
Well do you think it is right that the McCanns have been asked not to give interviews this anniversary?  Do you believe that bit?

I disregard tabloid references that are not backed up with provenance. 
Nor do I find it extraordinary in the least that in the continuing investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, which is being conducted under the strictures of Portuguese secrecy laws which have been invoked by the PJ and respected by SY, that Kate and Gerry would take any risk with that. Particularly since this time round the rule of law apropos secrecy is being strictly observed.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 11:40:17 PM »
Lots of the general public seem highly critical of Op Grange too, so strangely I can see lots of public support for the McCanns if they were to start expressing disappointment at the lack of progress, that the operation seemed to be focusing in the wrong direction, that they were not being kept in the loop, blah blah blah, they could even spearhead a call to have Operation Grange wound up on the basis that they have finally decided that she's not coming back and that enough public money has been spent with nothing to show for it.  Surely alot of people would agree, even if the McCanns aren't their favourite people?

There is certainly feeling against the amount of money being spent on one missing child but not OG per se.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:51:36 PM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2018, 11:50:11 PM »
I disregard tabloid references that are not backed up with provenance. 
Nor do I find it extraordinary in the least that in the continuing investigation into Madeleine's disappearance, which is being conducted under the strictures of Portuguese secrecy laws which have been invoked by the PJ and respected by SY, that Kate and Gerry would take any risk with that. Particularly since this time round the rule of law apropos secrecy is being strictly observed.

Shall I post each and every time you have used a tabloid article to make a point Brietta ?

The McCanns have given an anniversary interview every year since the PJ reopened Madeleine’s case so why would judicial secrecy be an issue now. Surely as intelligent adults they would be able to take part in a television interview with saying anything that would jeopardise an ongoing enquiries? They have before so why not this year ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 12:11:24 AM »
Shall I post each and every time you have used a tabloid article to make a point Brietta ?

The McCanns have given an anniversary interview every year since the PJ reopened Madeleine’s case so why would judicial secrecy be an issue now. Surely as intelligent adults they would be able to take part in a television interview with saying anything that would jeopardise an ongoing enquiries? They have before so why not this year ?

Bearing in mind John's earlier instruction to members I shall refrain from mentioning any alleged oft stated opinions regarding the organ used for the opening post of this thread.

In my opinion Kate and Gerry McCann are not public property they are private individuals who are entitled to do exactly as they see fit.
Whatever they do is their concern, theirs only and is nothing at all to do with anyone else.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 12:22:07 AM »
Bearing in mind John's earlier instruction to members I shall refrain from mentioning any alleged oft stated opinions regarding the organ used for the opening post of this thread.

In my opinion Kate and Gerry McCann are not public property they are private individuals who are entitled to do exactly as they see fit.
Whatever they do is their concern, theirs only and is nothing at all to do with anyone else.

I agree the McCanns are not public property and they have every right not to conduct an interview so why are you making excuses for them not doing so ?

The bottom line is ‘a pal’ has made us aware that the McCanns are not giving an interview to Loose Women ( what next year Celebrity Juice ? ) because they have been asked not to by the Met as it might harm ongoing enquiries. They did not need to tell us this so why did they ?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 12:30:22 AM »
I agree the McCanns are not public property and they have every right not to conduct an interview so why are you making excuses for them not doing so ?

The bottom line is ‘a pal’ has made us aware that the McCanns are not giving an interview to Loose Women ( what next year Celebrity Juice ? ) because they have been asked not to by the Met as it might harm ongoing enquiries. They did not need to tell us this so why did they ?
Let's hope the little bit that has been released won't "harm ongoing enquiries".
Moderation

Offline Brietta

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 12:40:11 AM »

Did they?  Please give me a cite for that.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 12:47:13 AM »
Let's hope the little bit that has been released won't "harm ongoing enquiries".

Has the story been picked up by any media outlet other than the SUN?  I've seen none so far.

Offline sadie

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 01:10:10 AM »
The Met are a highly respected British police force who are well practiced in media management. The investigation is also being paid for by the British taxpayer. They are not the rather shellshocked PJ and the jingoistic agenda cannot be pushed.

Can you imagine the backlash if the McCanns started overtly criticizing OG ? All that money and they are still not happy. It would simply turn the remaining supportive public against them and instead of the sympathy bestowed on them in 2007 there would be only revulsion.

The McCanns are intelligent enough to know that the defence strategies they used against the PJ will not work against the Met and so they keep quiet.
Why should The Mccanns suddenly start criticizing OG ?   They have thanked them and shown their appreciation.

IMO, The Mccanns are in the know about who did it .... and OG are anxious that they dont accidentally let the cat out of the bag.  Something appears to be imminent, with the change of funding method ... or at very least the investigation is at a critical stage.

AIMO