Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 29729 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 06:54:21 AM »
Has the story been picked up by any media outlet other than the SUN?  I've seen none so far.
IMO just as well, for if it needs quietness to assist the investigation advertising that fact isn't going to help.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 07:07:16 AM »
IMO just as well, for if it needs quietness to assist the investigation advertising that fact isn't going to help.

And of course, The McCanns might actually look and sound happy.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 08:24:21 AM »
Why should The Mccanns suddenly start criticizing OG ?   They have just quite profusely thanked them and shown their appreciation.

IMO, The Mccanns are in the know about who did it .... and OG are anxious that they dont accidentally let the cat out of the bag.  Something appears to be imminent, with the change of funding method ... or at very least the investigation is at a critical stage.

AIMO

Cite for first paragraph?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2018, 08:30:01 AM »
There is certainly feeling against the amount of money being spent on one missing child but not OG per se.
I've noticed plenty of criticism of OG on this forum, on Twitter and Facebook pages dedicated to the case.  I've seen individual members of the team ridiculed, their methods likened to a "wild goose chase", suggestions that the whole case is one big excuse for a jolly in the sun etc etc etc.   Am I wrong?

If the MccCanns hd sense that momentum was turning against them (and I seem to remember you are of the view that that was around the time of the crimewatch appeal with Andy Redwood, how many years ago?) then they have had ample time to devise a strategy to get the case shelved again, saying "enough is enough, we want to draw a line under it and get on with our lives, we thank the police for the efforts but we don't think anymore public money should be spent on searching for our daughter, much as it pains us to say so" - and you don't think this would gain a sympathetic ear from a large part of the population?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2018, 08:38:10 AM »
Like you I am a relative newcomer to the parallel universe we choose to enter every time we hit the power on button on our respective computers.  But I have become long enough in the tooth of it all to disregard all media reports which are not direct quotes from the individuals to whom the article refers or a named, designated spokesperson.

Now that is a quote for the reference library.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 08:42:53 AM »
Cite for first paragraph?

The McCanns have thanked Operation Grange on several occasions.  There is no dispute over this fact.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 08:53:01 AM »
I've noticed plenty of criticism of OG on this forum, on Twitter and Facebook pages dedicated to the case.  I've seen individual members of the team ridiculed, their methods likened to a "wild goose chase", suggestions that the whole case is one big excuse for a jolly in the sun etc etc etc.   Am I wrong?

If the MccCanns hd sense that momentum was turning against them (and I seem to remember you are of the view that that was around the time of the crimewatch appeal with Andy Redwood, how many years ago?) then they have had ample time to devise a strategy to get the case shelved again, saying "enough is enough, we want to draw a line under it and get on with our lives, we thank the police for the efforts but we don't think anymore public money should be spent on searching for our daughter, much as it pains us to say so" - and you don't think this would gain a sympathetic ear from a large part of the population?

Logically the assumption could be that there would be sympathy for Kate and Gerry if they voluntarily advocated the closure of Madeleine's case but I very much fear the reaction would be neither sympathetic or logical.
It would be seen - in my opinion - as confirmation of every prejudice in the lexicon.

Kate and Gerry McCann have been roundly criticised in the past for each and every media appearance made in the hope of promoting Madeleine's case.  Now apparently they are subject to criticism for allegedly not making a media appearance.
They just can't win under the rules of that game.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 08:57:58 AM »
Now that is a quote for the reference library.

You have my permission to quote from it any time you like but remember to use it in context.  That applies to all my bon mots.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 09:00:16 AM »
Logically the assumption could be that there would be sympathy for Kate and Gerry if they voluntarily advocated the closure of Madeleine's case but I very much fear the reaction would be neither sympathetic or logical.
It would be seen - in my opinion - as confirmation of every prejudice in the lexicon.

Kate and Gerry McCann have been roundly criticised in the past for each and every media appearance made in the hope of promoting Madeleine's case.  Now apparently they are subject to criticism for allegedly not making a media appearance.

Well said Brietta. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 09:08:51 AM »

I honestly believe that the lack of a round of media interviews this anniversary is a great source of disappointment - not for the McCann supporters or anyone neutral or disinterested in the case, but for the many who use these interviews to further fuel their speculation about the case,to pore over every word uttered, to run the utterances through the rinser to derive, new and sinister meanings,  to criticise, mock and make "satirical" memes for the enjoyment of like-minded souls, etc.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 09:14:23 AM »

Notice I have previously said ‘ the remaining supportive public’  not those who usually comment on Twitter and Facebook. Those hearts and minds have already been lost.

The rest of your post confuses me. If momentum had turned against the parents do you think anything they said, either in public or private, would hasten the closure of the investigation  ? Of course not and the McCanns are intelligent enough not  to even try, overtly anyway. Imagine if during the Philpott case the parents, once they had come under suspicion, had expressed the wish that they did not want any more money spent on the investigation into their children’s death ? How would that play with the investigating force never mind the public?

Of course we have also to factor in the fact that the McCanns have always defended the amount of money spent on this case so to to doa volte-face now would merely raise suspicions.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 09:15:05 AM »
The McCanns have thanked Operation Grange on several occasions.  There is no dispute over this fact.

Not directly.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 09:17:06 AM »
I honestly believe that the lack of a round of media interviews this anniversary is a great source of disappointment - not for the McCann supporters or anyone neutral or disinterested in the case, but for the many who use these interviews to further fuel their speculation about the case,to pore over every word uttered, to run the utterances through the rinser to derive, new and sinister meanings,  to criticise, mock and make "satirical" memes for the enjoyment of like-minded souls, etc.

Yet still every year the give an interview....until this year. Most odd.

Offline jassi

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2018, 09:20:44 AM »

One must be thankful for small mercies.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2018, 09:20:57 AM »

Odd to you... Not to others