Author Topic: the mcanns fear what the twins think about Ga BOOK what about page 128  (Read 7158 times)

C.Edwards

Re: the mcanns fear what the twins think about Ga BOOK what about page 128
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »
There is nothing contradictory about the two positions. On the one hand Kate McCann admitted her worst fears about what may have happened. On the other hand a disgraced ex-cop is being brought to task over potential libel and lies about a missing child.

The positions are in no way related, no matter how hard you attempt to convince readers that they are.

It is a completely illogical stance that you are taking and that suggests that is you who may be intellectually challenged as logic is a fundamental aspect of intelligence.

For the avoidance of doubt I acknowledge I have read your post. I have no comment to make because there is nothing else I need to add.

ferryman

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »

the mcanns fear what the twins think about Ga BOOK what about page 128

What does Amaral say on page 128 of his book?

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 09:53:36 AM »

the mcanns fear what the twins think about Ga BOOK what about page 128

What does Amaral say on page 128 of his book?

was  mistaken i was reffering to kates book 129  i  wont go into details but most  ubiased people  were disgusted by it

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 10:16:25 AM »
was  mistaken i was reffering to kates book 129  i  wont go into details but most  ubiased people  were disgusted by it

What was she thinking to put such a thing in print?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 10:18:50 AM »
[/quote
would most mothers write something like that  about their little girl??

Offline gilet

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
There is nothing contradictory about the two positions. On the one hand Kate McCann admitted her worst fears about what may have happened. On the other hand a disgraced ex-cop is being brought to task over potential libel and lies about a missing child.

The positions are in no way related, no matter how hard you attempt to convince readers that they are.

It is a completely illogical stance that you are taking and that suggests that is you who may be intellectually challenged as logic is a fundamental aspect of intelligence.

For the avoidance of doubt I acknowledge I have read your post. I have no comment to make because there is nothing else I need to add.

So you cannot respond to my demonstrating that your stance is illogical.

Understood.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 03:25:49 PM »
How reducing that was. This is was shocked people, Madeleine was described as an object, she wasn't considered as an individual, i.e what can't be divided without being destroyed.

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »
How many pages did KMs book have? Makes me cringe the strange obsession people have with that particular page.

Personally I wouldn't have included it, but then I am not a distraught mother who is letting all sorts of evils run rampant through my mind as to what could be happening to my missing little daughter.

It must have been a difficult book to write and I assume that Kate McCann was being open and honest about how she was feeling.

Offline gilet

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »
How many pages did KMs book have? Makes me cringe the strange obsession people have with that particular page.

Personally I wouldn't have included it, but then I am not a distraught mother who is letting all sorts of evils run rampant through my mind as to what could be happening to my missing little daughter.

It must have been a difficult book to write and I assume that Kate McCann was being open and honest about how she was feeling.

I agree absolutely with you.

The emphasis by people on this one line on one page from the book is most cringeworthy and frankly worrying. Do they not actually realise that honesty was the aim? Do they not realise that the despair and dark thoughts of the parent of a missing child are going to be as depressing and blunt as this?

I am pretty sure that I would not have included it either but that does not explain why so many people are so fascinated by this phrase.

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 04:05:09 PM »
I find it quite sickening the obsession with it.

As for Honesty well we know how that works  or doesn't with the usual suspects.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 04:45:25 PM »

"Most people" strikes again.  Who are most people?

stephen25000

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »
"Most people" strikes again.  Who are most people?

e.g. Have you read the yahoo pages comments on this trial ?

Please don't come back with the cliche that the people there are unrepresentative.

It really doesn't wash.

Rachel Granada

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 04:59:19 PM »
e.g. Have you read the yahoo pages comments on this trial ?

Please don't come back with the cliche that the people there are unrepresentative.

It really doesn't wash.

What percentage of the world population does that represent, Stephen?  Around 0.000001% perhaps?