Author Topic: Would a guilty person have kept the case alive for 6 years?  (Read 44867 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Would a guilty person have kept the case alive for 6 years?
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
Weird- Do you honestly think that a group of normal people, no past history for bad behaviours. Not daft, medically trained - suddenly went into crime masters mode after an accident. In a strange place yet they managed to be cunning enough to cover up an accident, fool the GNR/PJ/MW Staff, TV and Press and manage to hide a body in the space of a short time?

Seriously?  8-)(--)

It would have been easier to admit to an accident happening   and making themselves look innocent about it don't you think?

Weird- Do you honestly think that a group of normal people, no past history for bad behaviours. Not daft, medically trained - suddenly went into crime masters mode after an accident. In a strange place yet they managed to be cunning enough to cover up an accident, fool the GNR/PJ/MW Staff, TV and Press and manage to hide a body in the space of a short time?

It's not impossible.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Jacinta

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
For over six years? Nope I don't buy it. They could have let it fade away easily after the case was archived.
I'm not asking you to 'buy' it LagosBen, it was just my personal thoughts.

Offline sadie

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 11:25:31 PM »

It's not impossible.
Present us with a sensible theory, then, Wonderfulspam

Lyall

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 11:30:24 PM »

Seriously?  8-)(--)

It would have been easier to admit to an accident happening   and making themselves look innocent about it don't you think?

Easy to say when you're not in that kind of situation. Those who are in their panic may see things differently.

They may think - we know what happened but who is going to believe us? So panic takes over.

Offline John

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »
Would a guilty person really have bothered to keep the case alive for over 6 years?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2013, 02:05:58 PM »
Would a guilty person really have bothered to keep the case alive for over 6 years?

Why not - If you were desperate to be cleared of any wrongdoing and thought you were very, very clever and could pull off a deception.

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Cariad

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »
Yes John, the whole T9 have been covering each others lies since day one.
They had to keep up the act.

Why do you think Rebbekah Brooks got Cameron to reopen the case?
It wasn't just to do with the book deal.
The UK media has had the case files since they became public.
They all know where the files lead & it's not to elite child abducting paedophiles

What was that comment by a policeman on CW (?) about peoples loyalties changing over six years?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »
What was that comment by a policeman on CW (?) about peoples loyalties changing over six years?

Someone will crack, the pressure is on them, the media is turning on them.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2013, 02:44:05 PM »
So the UK media has been given complete access to all files, actions sheets, messages logged the works during the inquiry in an unresolved inquiry. Are we seriously expected to believe that such contempt has been shown for normal police procedures? If that had been the case the UK media, which by the way includes numerous media would still be reading through it all now. And if they have not got everything you cannot know whether there is something that leads in a different direction to where you would like it to go.

No the UK media had copies of the original investigation file when the case was shelved & the documents were made public.
They obviously would not have access to the Met Review & current investigation.

Offline Lace

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
They could have had the investigation re opened at any time,
All they had to do was cooperate with the Portuguese police,
If they had nothing to hide & they really thought she could be found alive, they would have done so.

Strange that as the Portuguese police have always said they won't re open the case until  new evidence has been found.     Show me where they have said they will open it if the McCann's ask them to.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »
Strange that as the Portuguese police have always said they won't re open the case until  new evidence has been found.     Show me where they have said they will open it if the McCann's ask them to.

"New evidence"
The McCanns & their group witheld their evidence, if they chose to present it then the case could have been reopened.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2013, 07:16:03 PM »
The file almost certainly would not include actions and messages. If it did it would fill a room. At best it would be an extensive summary and if that is the case it will reflect the beliefs of investigators as to what is relevant.

Sorry, yes your right not ALL case files but an extensive summary with relevant details.
Either way they have had that information on the Smiths sighting since the files were made public & have never drawn attention to it, until now that is.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2013, 07:19:35 PM »
Sorry, yes your right not ALL case files but an extensive summary with relevant details.
Either way they have had that information on the Smiths sighting since the files were made public & have never drawn attention to it, until now that is.

That's because a proper job wasn't done by the original investigation team. The Smith sighting has to be eliminated that's why the Met are highlighting it. Because its information that they have been given so it has to be eliminated. Nothing more than that. I don't understand why people think there is anything more to it.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »
The file almost certainly would not include actions and messages. If it did it would fill a room. At best it would be an extensive summary and if that is the case it will reflect the beliefs of investigators as to what is relevant.

AFAIK, the police files which were made public are not made up of an extensive summary and they do include all "actions and messages". All of the reports, documents, photocopies, photographs, everything, not just a summary. And all of this is available to the British press on DVDs if they make a request at Portimão courthouse. Have you looked at the files or have I not understood you correctly?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:26:57 PM by Montclair »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »
That's because a proper job wasn't done by the original investigation team. The Smith sighting has to be eliminated that's why the Met are highlighting it. Because its information that they have been given so it has to be eliminated. Nothing more than that. I don't understand why people think there is anything more to it.

Now that the Tanner sighting has been 'debunked' (as described by crimewatch), the Smiths sighting is the last known possible sighting of Madeleine,  2 witnesses to this sighting believe with between 60 to 80% accuracy, that the man carrying Madeleine was Gerry McCann.
That is a pretty strong lead for the Met to go on.
There is already evidence in their statements & the sticker book timeline, that some of the T9 have not been entirely honest.

Do you think the Met will not have noticed?
Do you think Gerry can have been entirely ruled out as the man the Smiths saw?