Author Topic: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?  (Read 137987 times)

Offline sadie

Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?
« on: October 09, 2013, 10:13:14 PM »
They have admitted that they were wrong; that they made a mistake. misjudgement .... call it what you wish.

Dont forget that they were only 50ish metres away and had a pretty good view of the patio windows.  I sat at that same tapas bar and I could see virtually the whole of the patio windows, top to almost bottom and side to side.

Their view would not be as good as mine cos they were a little furter west, but if you refer to photographs in other threads you will see what they could see, in a photo taken from right outside the patio windows back towards the tapas restaurant.  That photo did not have the clipped bushes as shown on tonights video.

http://news.sky.com/story/1152167/madeleine-mccann-police-probe-possible-suspect

The contemporary view of the bushes in Met Det Peter Kirkman interview @ 30 seconds will show how the bushes had JUST been cut back, so The Mccanns view would have been better than in the next photo.

This photo shows where the Mccanns sat .  It was taken from right in front of the patio windows of 5A.  See the pool, well the two linked structures with the large picture windows immediately behind the pool show where we sat for our meal and also where The Mccanns sat.  We sat in the LH section and the Mccanns sat in the RH section.

Our view was perfect and theirs pretty good.  The Tapas area was very much cozier than appears in these photos.  I was surprised how close everything was.  The 50 metre distance can easily be checked on GE.  The bushes need clipping here.  They were severely clipped back at the time of the abduction as you will see from the contemporary video above.

CPN

Re: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 10:21:14 PM »
They have admitted that they were wrong; that they made a mistake. misjudgement .... call it what you wish.

Dont forget that they were only 50ish metres away and had a pretty good view of the patio windows.  I sat at that same tapas bar and I could see virtually the whole of the patio windows, top to almost bottom and side to side.

Their view would not be as good as mine cos they were a little furter west, but if you refer to photographs in other threads you will see what they could see, in a photo taken from right outside the patio windows back towards the tapas restaurant.  That photo did not have the clipped bushes as shown on tonights video.

http://news.sky.com/story/1152167/madeleine-mccann-police-probe-possible-suspect

The contemporary view of the bushes in Met Det Peter Kirkman interview @ 30 seconds will show how the bushes had JUST been cut back, so The Mccanns view would have been better than in the next photo.

This photo shows where the Mccanns sat .  It was taken from right in front of the patio windows of 5A.  See the pool, well the two linked structures with the large picture windows immediately behind the pool show where we sat for our meal and also where The Mccanns sat.  We sat in the LH section and the Mccanns sat in the RH section.

Our view was perfect and theirs pretty good.  The Tapas area was very much cozier than appears in these photos.  I was surprised how close everything was.  The 50 metre distance can easily be checked on GE.  The bushes need clipping here.  They were severely clipped back at the time of the abduction as you will see from the contemporary video above.

I still haven't heard them say they were WRONG Sadie, and also never discuss it without making excuses.

To be honest, I am not interested in how far away they were, be it whatever many metres - they were out of sight and hearing of three very young, vulnerable children  - that is enough for me

Redblossom

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:39:46 PM »
I still haven't heard them say they were WRONG Sadie, and also never discuss it without making excuses.

To be honest, I am not interested in how far away they were, be it whatever many metres - they were out of sight and hearing of three very young, vulnerable children  - that is enough for me

Exactly...out of ear and eyeshot....if a mother feels fine leaving her three babies in an unsecured flat what can one say...she was happy with it

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »

For the sake of completeness of course lets not forget that it was May and the resort was in darkness after 7pm so the above photo being a daytime shot offers little in respect of what one could actually see at night.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:28:00 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Luz

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 12:36:12 PM »
For the sake of completeness of course lets not forget that it was May and the resort was in darkness after 7pm so the above photo being a daytime shot offers little in respect of what one could actually see at night.

Please not this photo again!!!!!

The McCann were not sitting on the veranda...this is a total fallacy as it doesn't show what you can see from the restaurant with almost opaque plastic protections. And 50 meters from the exterior of the restaurant, across a pool, a little gardened area, an alley bordered by high walls, a wall surrounding the back of the apartment area, a veranda, and several rooms until the front room, totally out of view, where the children were said to be?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give us a break.

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »
Maybe this one would be better Luz?

Sky's Martin Brunt explains what the view of apartment 5a would have been like from where the McCanns sat in the tapas bar.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:01:51 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Luz

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »

Sky's Martin Brunt explains what the view of apartment 5a would have been like from where the McCanns sat in the tapas bar.

Thank you Mr. John. But it must be said also that this is the view towards the back of the apartment, while the kiddies'room was in the front (opposite direction).

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »

You do understand that a camera lens has focal length and depth of field. That means if the foreground is in focus then further away will be blurred. The eye has an adjustable focal lenght

Offline jassi

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »
In this case, though, it doesn't look as if the foreground is in focus, either
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Luz

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 01:22:37 PM »

After a couple of Amêndoa Amarga aperitif and a few of the 14 bottles of wine, your eye lenses must be terribly focused!

What I wonder is how it took so long for an accident to happen and only to one of the couples!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:24:24 PM by Luz »

Offline John

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 01:29:01 PM »
What about smoking Luz?  Was it permitted in Portuguese restaurants in 2007?

Offline jassi

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »

After a couple of Amêndoa Amarga aperitif and a few of the 14 bottles of wine, your eye lenses must be terribly focused!

What I wonder is how it took so long for an accident to happen and only to one of the couples!

Ah well, you see, Madeleine was special.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »

The still is taken from a video.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »

then its not a good photograph and doesn't show the correct detail of what could be seen

Offline jassi

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
The still is taken from a video.

Right. I would think it difficult to focus your eye through the plastic screen as it acts as a soft focus diffuser.

Or maybe not -