Author Topic: Gerry and Kate McCann reveal the reasons why they miss Maddie.  (Read 19434 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Gerry and Kate McCann reveal the reasons why they miss Maddie.
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »
Which scenario are you working through?

Amaral's scenario was that Madeleine died accidentally on 3 May 2007, probably around Gerry's visit, and then was discovered, presumably by Kate at 10pm.

This gives Kate (not Gerry) mere minutes to work out the method of disposal of a body and to implement it.

No, body placed in a bin does NOT work.  I was not impressed by the checks on bins which took place, from memory on the Monday following the incident.  So I followed up what happens to the refuse.  It goes to a central site at Porto de Lagos (which is nowhere near Lagos).  At that site it is picked  through in detail to strip out toxic waste that cannot go into landfill.  The 2007 figures for Portugal and the Algarve show the site was working perfectly.

The weakness of the front end checks, in Luz, at https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/body-disposal-the-wheelie-bins-prosecution-case/

The strength of the rear end check, in Porto de Lagos at https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2014/11/11/body-disposal-the-wheelie-bins-defence-case/

Feel free to cut and paste from the articles, criticise or whatever.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that Madeleine ended up in a wheelie bin in the western Algarve.

I cannot give a view on other locations.

The following is both off-topic and possibly inflammatory, and I have to say I have NOT researched this in any detail.  In the Cipriano case, body disposal was by putting the body (dismembered?) into a fridge, placing the fridge in the rear or boot of a car, driving said car to Spain to an undisclosed car disposal site, and having the car crushed.  (Hopefully, I have got the gist right, if not the detail.)

I am not interested in the Cipriano case.  If YOU are, you may wish to look up how scrap cars had to be treated in Spain at the time, and how refrigerators had to be disposed of in Spain at the time.  On a believability scale of 0 to 10, this tale is screaming a perfect zero at me, but hey, I have been wrong many a time before.
I'd like to see Faithlilly argue hard for her dearly beloved theory with you now, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen.  Instead, the above will be ignored and the dearly beloved theory will continue to be clutched firmly to the heartless bosom!  @)(++(*

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2015, 04:07:11 PM »
I don't think that was the case in the first days/weeks after the 3rd, and so doesn't explain why Mrs. Murat set up a 'place' for locals who were scared to contact the PJ themselves to leave any info they may have.    IMO it was because they were scared of being implicated in the crime themselves by the PJ - and so were taking no chances.    I'm not thinking here of the ex pats, but the indigenous locals. 

Was it a case of a the PJ's 'reputation' going before them?   If there was another reason I would be interested to hear it.

I also think it is natural for the Portuguese people to hope that it was not 'one of their own' who committed this crime - and so they would be far more likely to be influenced by the smear campaign conducted in the PJ media against the 'McCanns and their friends.    Again - that is just human nature IMO.

Oops - Sorry SiL - I posted the above before I read your post in reply to mine.
There seems to be a culture here of keeping one's head down.  This applies to both ex-pats and locals.

Here is a small, true story.

A person walking in the area came across another individual who had fallen over, cracked his head on the pavement, and was bleeding profusely from the head wound.

So our hero (or heroine) did the right thing and dialled emergency services, 112, and asked to speak to someone in English.

The hero reported the situation.  Head wound, person unconscious, lots of blood, could an ambulance be sent.  The respondent asked for the hero's name and address.  Was the hero related to the person with the head wound?  No?  Why was the unrelated hero phoning about someone who had fallen over in the street?

Let me repeat.  This story is true, it happened.  AFAIK, no ambulance was ever dispatched.  The person recovered consciousness, got up, seemed OK, and wandered homeward.

The folks who were here in Luz in 2007, whether ex-pats or locals, had been through years of such bureaucracy.

Take from Mrs Murat's actions what you will.  Having experienced Portugal, I can only say that to me it makes perfect sense.  It surprises me that the PJ did a number of informal interviews in the very first days.  Those are the exceptions.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »
Which scenario are you working through?

Amaral's scenario was that Madeleine died accidentally on 3 May 2007, probably around Gerry's visit, and then was discovered, presumably by Kate at 10pm.

This gives Kate (not Gerry) mere minutes to work out the method of disposal of a body and to implement it.

No, body placed in a bin does NOT work.  I was not impressed by the checks on bins which took place, from memory on the Monday following the incident.  So I followed up what happens to the refuse.  It goes to a central site at Porto de Lagos (which is nowhere near Lagos).  At that site it is picked  through in detail to strip out toxic waste that cannot go into landfill.  The 2007 figures for Portugal and the Algarve show the site was working perfectly.

The weakness of the front end checks, in Luz, at https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/body-disposal-the-wheelie-bins-prosecution-case/

The strength of the rear end check, in Porto de Lagos at https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2014/11/11/body-disposal-the-wheelie-bins-defence-case/

Feel free to cut and paste from the articles, criticise or whatever.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that Madeleine ended up in a wheelie bin in the western Algarve.

I cannot give a view on other locations.

The following is both off-topic and possibly inflammatory, and I have to say I have NOT researched this in any detail.  In the Cipriano case, body disposal was by putting the body (dismembered?) into a fridge, placing the fridge in the rear or boot of a car, driving said car to Spain to an undisclosed car disposal site, and having the car crushed.  (Hopefully, I have got the gist right, if not the detail.)

I am not interested in the Cipriano case.  If YOU are, you may wish to look up how scrap cars had to be treated in Spain at the time, and how refrigerators had to be disposed of in Spain at the time.  On a believability scale of 0 to 10, this tale is screaming a perfect zero at me, but hey, I have been wrong many a time before.

I don't agree with Amaral. If a death occurred it was earlier than he thought imo. If a body was in a bin it could have been missed by the sorters, I suppose. What a great job they have! Yuk! do you know how they do it? By hand?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »
I don't agree with Amaral. If a death occurred it was earlier than he thought imo. If a body was in a bin it could have been missed by the sorters, I suppose. What a great job they have! Yuk! do you know how they do it? By hand?
In those days I think it was mainly by hand, with a large number of people doing it.

I looked up the stats for female UK children aged 4.  (Google ShiningInLuz plus Madeleine by height or Madeleine by weight for details).  The McCanns both made Madeleine 90cm tall.  The official stats make Madeleine, assuming she was very small for her age, over one metre and weighing 12kg to 16kg.

There is a ludicrously simple explanation for the McCanns making her 90cm.  Take 3ft.  Multiply 36 inches by 2.5cm/inch (nearly right, just not near enough) and bang, out comes 90cm.

Look up her M&S pyjamas in the PJ files.  They were for 3-4 year olds, so she should have been growing out of them.  They were 97cm.

So - the law required the removal of all toxic waste prior to landfill - western Algarve can be proved to be doing this in 2007 - and Maddie was a big package. She did not go into landfill around here.

As it happens, the site has fewer people working nowadays because they employ more technology to sort the sh*t before the workers go in by hand.
What's up, old man?