Author Topic: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?  (Read 138315 times)

icabodcrane

Re: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 10:43:11 PM »
What's the difference between calling me a fibber and calling me a liar?

.... a   45%  warn level  ? 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 10:43:26 PM »
What's the difference between calling me a fibber and calling me a liar?

If I answer that question I may well get banned. There are many on here who would like to see me banned because I ask awkward questions and challenge inaccuracies... you have just made two....which otherwise would go unchallenged

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 10:44:37 PM »
  .... a   45%  warn level  ?

very accurately assessed

Cariad

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 10:49:38 PM »
If I answer that question I may well get banned. There are many on here who would like to see me banned because I ask awkward questions and challenge inaccuracies... you have just made two....which otherwise would go unchallenged

I took away all the falls! Every single fall that killed! Since there are no figures, I very, very generously gave you the benefit of the doubt!

What would you like me to have done?

You do it. The figure for all fatalities caused by accidents in the home is 120 per annum.

Redblossom

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »
I took away all the falls! Every single fall that killed! Since there are no figures, I very, very generously gave you the benefit of the doubt!

You do it. The figure for all fatalities caused by accidents in the home is 120 per annum.

exactly....which is double the amount of abductions....and that is abductions in general, not toddler ones and let alone from home! Well said, no contest gnite

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2013, 10:55:05 PM »

AW

As you admit there are no figures.... no figures...so anything you post is your opinion, that's all

Cariad

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »
AW

As you admit there are no figures.... no figures...so anything you post is your opinion, that's all

there are figures of 120 fatal accidents in the home per annum to children.....

futile. It's just futile.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2013, 11:04:15 PM »
there are figures of 120 fatal accidents in the home per annum to children.....

futile. It's just futile.

And how many of those involve stairs and fires  the answer is you don't know..so as you say..it is futile... to argue

Offline Victoria

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 07:35:42 AM »
Former Northern Ireland and Cheshire cop Edgar, 52, Edgar and his hard-core squad of four hand-picked investigators -drafted in by the McCanns last November – are also looking at records of six sex attacks against youngsters in the Algarve leading up to Madeleine’s kidnap. Again, these are poorly documented by the Portuguese.

“Most of attacks were overnight, in apartments and at least five involved British children,” he said. “I am looking for links to the Madeleine abduction – geographical links, links with the descriptions.”

The attacks are:

APRIL 14, 2004: Praia do Carvoeiro, Lagoa, 20 miles from Praia da Luz (PDA). Sex assault on 10-year-old girl.

JUNE 9 2005: Sao Rafael, near Sesmarias, 50 miles from PDA. Sex assault on nine-year-old girl.

JUNE 2 2006: Praia do Carvoeiro, Lagoa, 20 miles from PDA. Sex assault on seven-year-old girl and her 10-year-old sister in separate rooms.

OCTOBER 29 2006: Albufeira, 45 miles from PDA. Sex assault on eight-year-old girl

CHRISTMAS DAY, 2006: Silves, 35 miles from PDA. Attempted abduction of three-year-old girl.

MAY 28 2007: Albufeira. 45 miles from PDA. Intruder disturbed at the bottom of nine-year-old girl’s bed.

Edgar told us: “Some of the attacks were in the files and some were in other documents that were not terribly obvious. Again I am subject to the frailties of the Portuguese authorities and have to work with what I have been given. I have tried to build bridges with them but have had no response. But we have access to other files that have not been released to the public and the media.”.

the above is a quote from Dave Edgar re paedophiles in the Algarve.

That's quite scary, not just that it was happening, but that it was poorly documented. Eamon
Holmes was talking on Sky a couple of days ago that in his personal experience the authorities in the Algarve turn a bit of a blind eye to crimes such as theft and burglary committed against holidaymakers because they're seen as not worth the time.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 09:14:18 AM »
now sadie knows how i feel 6 years of chucky mispell  etc and other abuse and i have several real  chronic conditions
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:19:07 AM by carlymichelle »

Offline Jazzy

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »
now sadie knows how i feel 6 years of chucky mispell  etc and other abuse and i have several real  chronic conditions

As was pointed out to Sadie, if it's too much for you, it's not worth risking your health. Sadie feels as Sadie feels, not as you feel.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »
does anyone know what kate says in her book about leaving the children

Offline Haskins

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
does anyone know what kate says in her book about leaving the children

I haven't read her book but I did see her in an interview say that there was never a day went by that she didn't think "if only"...or words to that effect. That's how I recall it anyway.

My answer to the OP's question is yes, 50 meters was too far. Unquestionably Maddie should not have been left. I think Kate's own mother is on record as saying she has said as much to Kate and Gerald. It was a grievous mistake and grievously they have paid for it.

CPN

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2013, 09:23:03 PM »
I haven't read her book but I did see her in an interview say that there was never a day went by that she didn't think "if only"...or words to that effect. That's how I recall it anyway.

My answer to the OP's question is yes, 50 meters was too far. Unquestionably Maddie should not have been left. I think Kate's own mother is on record as saying she has said as much to Kate and Gerald. It was a grievous mistake and grievously they have paid for it.

Just a couple of comments, Haskins

* It was not only Madeleine who was left - it was her younger twin siblings also
* It was a repeated decision, not a one off mistake
* the main reason why young children should not be left out of sight and hearing is not because of the (very rare) possibility of abduction, but because of the far more frequent occurrence of accidents to young children

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2013, 09:33:12 PM »
Just a couple of comments, Haskins

* It was not only Madeleine who was left - it was her younger twin siblings also
* It was a repeated decision, not a one off mistake
* the main reason why young children should not be left out of sight and hearing is not because of the (very rare) possibility of abduction, but because of the far more frequent occurrence of accidents to young children

what an absolute load of complete rubbish. children have been put to bed and left alone in holiday accommodation for years..and guess what...how many recorded accidents can you recall ..