Author Topic: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?  (Read 138312 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?
« Reply #750 on: November 03, 2015, 03:48:33 PM »
Bearing in mind that the belief that Madeleine woke and wandered considerably delayed investigating whether or not she had been abducted.

**Snip
One of the Guarda Nacional Republicana agents who was first to arrive at the resort in Praia da Luz and at the McCann couple’s apartment is suspected of having received over 120 thousand euros of “live” money, a short time after Maddie’s disappearance. This GNR officer is essential to the entire investigation, given the fact that he was among the first to arrive at the location where the little girl disappeared, and also one of the first people to get into contact with the parents.

TVI has established that the case of the sudden 120 thousand euros in the GNR officer’s hands is being investigated by the Polícia Judiciária (PJ).
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/06/maddie-case-gnr-suspect-of-receiveing.html

Did the PJ ever get a satisfactory answer to their inquiries?

So on the basis of an article which is "no names no pack drill" and particularly vague published over a year after the event you are prepared to discount the depositions of the first two law enforcement agents on the scene ?
I am sure "probably the best law enforcement agency in the world" investigated were there anything to investigate of course.

"He was one of the first agents to arrive in Praia da Luz. PJ is already investigating the handover of “live” money
One of the Guarda Nacional Republicana agents who was first to arrive at the resort in Praia da Luz and at the McCann couple’s apartment is suspected of having received over 120 thousand euros of “live” money, a short time after Maddie’s disappearance. This GNR officer is essential to the entire investigation, given the fact that he was among the first to arrive at the location where the little girl disappeared, and also one of the first people to get into contact with the parents".

Your customary gold mine full of pyrites is that Brie.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #751 on: November 03, 2015, 07:03:09 PM »
So - the fact that a child was capable of screaming her head off didn't give the abductor pause for thought before breaking and entering, or taking her despite the fact that her mother was in the house?  I see.   I think this proves what insane risks child abductors are prepared to take, don't you?

I'm not arguing that child abductors don't take risks. They evidently do. Madeleine's grandmother said if she was picked up by a stranger she would scream her head off, contradicting your speculative guess that Madeleine could have been abducted from her room by a stranger in the middle of the night without making a sound.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #752 on: November 03, 2015, 07:27:21 PM »
I'm not arguing that child abductors don't take risks. They evidently do. Madeleine's grandmother said if she was picked up by a stranger she would scream her head off, contradicting your speculative guess that Madeleine could have been abducted from her room by a stranger in the middle of the night without making a sound.
Maybe she did scream?  Maybe her scream was stifled?  Maybe she didn't scream because she recognised the person calling to her?  What law states a child cannot be abducted from a house unless lots of noise is made?  You'd think the rape and murder of a young girl would cause enough noise to wake up a dormitory full of sleeping children wouldn't you?  But sadly, whilst a couple of children in that dorm did stir and thought they heard something odd, they went back to sleep again without raising any alarm.

Offline mercury

Re: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far
« Reply #753 on: November 03, 2015, 10:43:44 PM »
Bearing in mind that the belief that Madeleine woke and wandered considerably delayed investigating whether or not she had been abducted.

**Snip
One of the Guarda Nacional Republicana agents who was first to arrive at the resort in Praia da Luz and at the McCann couple’s apartment is suspected of having received over 120 thousand euros of “live” money, a short time after Maddie’s disappearance. This GNR officer is essential to the entire investigation, given the fact that he was among the first to arrive at the location where the little girl disappeared, and also one of the first people to get into contact with the parents.

TVI has established that the case of the sudden 120 thousand euros in the GNR officer’s hands is being investigated by the Polícia Judiciária (PJ).
http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/06/maddie-case-gnr-suspect-of-receiveing.html

Did the PJ ever get a satisfactory answer to their inquiries?

If anyone knew it would be all over the net and discussed
Not sure what you suspect this officer of doing, he may have won the lottery, got a house sale or inheritance  through, and a number of various innocent reasons
If he received payment for doing whatever you imagine potentially sinister, do you seriously think he would have accepted money into his personal transparent bank account? Traceable by whoever looked and then reported it? Must have been dumb then. Seeing as nthng transpired from this strange story the likelihood is it was nothing or an error of identity, as Portuguese names are a little like welsh ones...not thousands and thousands of them.!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:46:46 PM by mercury »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #754 on: November 03, 2015, 11:25:50 PM »
If anyone knew it would be all over the net and discussed
Not sure what you suspect this officer of doing, he may have won the lottery, got a house sale or inheritance  through, and a number of various innocent reasons
If he received payment for doing whatever you imagine potentially sinister, do you seriously think he would have accepted money into his personal transparent bank account? Traceable by whoever looked and then reported it? Must have been dumb then. Seeing as nthng transpired from this strange story the likelihood is it was nothing or an error of identity, as Portuguese names are a little like welsh ones...not thousands and thousands of them.!

Why on earth should I think there is anything sinister about a GNR cabo having large sums of money deposited in various bank accounts?

Doesn't seem to be a particularly unusual occurrence.

**Snip

Following the investigation of the PJ, defendants were recorded, and Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, a former employee of this, Rui Martins, suspected to have made the deposit of two thousand euros in bank the assistant referee Jose Cardinal account in Funchal, and Secretary of leonine leader, Liliana Caldeira, which allegedly have bought the plane ticket to the referee travel to Madeira.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/desporto/futebol/detalhe/ex-vice-presidente-do-sporting-sera-julgado-por-sete-crimes.html&prev=search

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #755 on: November 03, 2015, 11:30:19 PM »
Why on earth should I think there is anything sinister about a GNR cabo having large sums of money deposited in various bank accounts?

Doesn't seem to be a particularly unusual occurrence.

**Snip

Following the investigation of the PJ, defendants were recorded, and Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, a former employee of this, Rui Martins, suspected to have made the deposit of two thousand euros in bank the assistant referee Jose Cardinal account in Funchal, and Secretary of leonine leader, Liliana Caldeira, which allegedly have bought the plane ticket to the referee travel to Madeira.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/desporto/futebol/detalhe/ex-vice-presidente-do-sporting-sera-julgado-por-sete-crimes.html&prev=search

Because you brough it up? Maybe? And not sure why?

Offline misty

« Reply #756 on: November 05, 2015, 02:26:58 AM »
@Pegasus
Just found this video; thought you may want to get your yardstick out again :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=drR76h4oy7Q

Offline pegasus

« Reply #757 on: November 05, 2015, 02:47:57 AM »
@Pegasus

Thanks Misty. But that lady measures the distance from tapas reception to the garden gate. An irelevant distance. The only relevant distance is the walking distance from the dining parents to the CHILD. Table to child bedroom. Measure it on GMaps - "measure distance" is a great feature - you can define the exact walking route. You will find it is 90 metres to the child's bed.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:59:58 AM by pegasus »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #758 on: November 05, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »
@Pegasus

Interesting.
From the tapas entrance to the side gate ... a journey which takes just over thirty seconds at walking pace.
Ten seconds from the gate to the lane.
When considered timewise ... a very short distance away indeed.

The consideration that they were about a minute away from the children certainly led them to drop their guard until they returned to find the window open and Madeleine missing.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #759 on: November 05, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
Interesting.
From the tapas entrance to the side gate ... a journey which takes just over thirty seconds at walking pace.
Ten seconds from the gate to the lane.
When considered timewise ... a very short distance away indeed.

The consideration that they were about a minute away from the children certainly led them to drop their guard until they returned to find the window open and Madeleine missing.

Yes, an effective baby listening device to alert them to any audible event  should have been OK at that short time distance.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #760 on: November 05, 2015, 12:29:03 PM »
Yes, an effective baby listening device to alert them to any audible event  should have been OK at that short time distance.

Absolutely, Jassi, but to overcome that aspect they were carrying out regular checks by walking up and entering the apartment to check at regular intervals.
So a minute there ~ a minute to listen ~ a minute back and the meal wouldn't even have been cold.

Let's not forget the part an abductor played in all of this though ... and let us not forget to apportion the blame to that or those person/s.
Without whom the McCann party would have packed up and departed for home on schedule having enjoyed a lovely holiday.

stephen25000

« Reply #761 on: November 05, 2015, 12:33:07 PM »
Absolutely, Jassi, but to overcome that aspect they were carrying out regular checks by walking up and entering the apartment to check at regular intervals.
So a minute there ~ a minute to listen ~ a minute back and the meal wouldn't even have been cold.

Let's not forget the part an abductor played in all of this though ... and let us not forget to apportion the blame to that or those person/s.
Without whom the McCann party would have packed up and departed for home on schedule having enjoyed a lovely holiday.

Those 'checks' have not been independently verified.

Offline jassi

« Reply #762 on: November 05, 2015, 12:47:03 PM »

Yes, but as they had nothing to alert them , the time  taken to get back is not really important - they could have sat for 20 minutes after Madeleine disappeared and  wouldn't know anything was wrong.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #763 on: November 05, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
Yes, but as they had nothing to alert them , the time  taken to get back is not really important - they could have sat for 20 minutes after Madeleine disappeared and  wouldn't know anything was wrong.

They didn't know anything was wrong.  Do you think they would have continued with their meal if they did?

Offline jassi

« Reply #764 on: November 05, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »
They didn't know anything was wrong.  Do you think they would have continued with their meal if they did?

That's the point. They had no way of detecting if anything was wrong and therefore the distance away had no bearing on them looking out for their children's well being.

Or maybe not -