Author Topic: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?  (Read 138000 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Was 50 metres from the apartment 50 metres too far?
« Reply #780 on: November 08, 2015, 02:17:49 AM »
What do you class as a disclaimer?
The fact that they were lulled into a false sense of security brought about by the ambience of Luz and made entirely wrong choices as a result?
You may not wish to concede that they will regret their actions every single day for the rest of their lives ... that is not the way I see it.

**Snip

Heartbroken mum Kate McCann quietly sobs as she speaks for the first time of her guilt about leaving little daughter Madeleine alone the night she was snatched. "I feel desperately sorry to her that we weren't there," she says.

"Every hour now, I still ask myself, 'Why did I think that was safe?' But it did feel safe and so right. I do feel regret. I've gone through all my life and said I never want to have any regrets, but you can't not regret something like that."

Speaking without her husband Gerry at her side for the first time, Kate, 38, reveals how she is haunted by the unbearable regret that she wasn't there to protect her daughter.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/4aug7/SUNDAY_MIRROR_05_08_07.htm

Talk is cheap and actions is proof.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #781 on: November 08, 2015, 02:22:33 AM »
To start with, "lulled into a false sense of security brought about by the ambience of Luz" is a disclaimer Brietta.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #782 on: November 08, 2015, 02:22:43 AM »
"Your child care was well within the ..."

Sorry, you are making an unattributed quote there and the way you have been speaking about these PR gurus et al the place ought to be heaving with quotable attributed quotes.

Please don't try to paint a blacker picture of these people than is necessary ... there are plenty of others out there in the internet making that their raison d'etre.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #783 on: November 08, 2015, 02:25:13 AM »
"But it did feel safe and so right" is a disclaimer too Brietta.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #784 on: November 08, 2015, 02:31:26 AM »
To start with, "lulled into a false sense of security brought about by the ambience of Luz" is a disclaimer Brietta.

Those are my words.

Certainly not a disclaimer.

"Guilt"
"Desperately sorry"
"Why did I think that was safe?"
"Regret" ... ... ... are Kate McCann's words. 

For me, they are perfectly clear in their intent and if you think about it without viewing them through a prism you might be able to accept the clarity with which they are expressed. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #785 on: November 08, 2015, 02:35:51 AM »
"But it did feel safe and so right" is a disclaimer too Brietta.

No.

It was how they felt at the time.

Do you think if they had felt otherwise and that Luz was a frightening, threatening place to them ... they would have allowed the children out of their sight?

Still nothing about all the PR bods' inferences?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #786 on: November 08, 2015, 02:38:16 AM »
Those are my words.

Certainly not a disclaimer.

"Guilt"
"Desperately sorry"
"Why did I think that was safe?"
"Regret" ... ... ... are Kate McCann's words. 

For me, they are perfectly clear in their intent and if you think about it without viewing them through a prism you might be able to accept the clarity with which they are expressed.
Ok I accept your view of it and certainly I have no critisism of the mother I just think would have been better without advisors of all sorts turning up that first weekend

Offline Brietta

« Reply #787 on: November 08, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »
Ok I accept your view of it and certainly I have no critisism of the mother I just think would have been better without advisors of all sorts turning up that first weekend

Exactly who brought in the advisers?  Without checking it out ... was it not Mark Warner?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #788 on: November 08, 2015, 07:02:55 PM »
Exactly who brought in the advisers?  Without checking it out ... was it not Mark Warner?

Alan Pike, Alex Woolfall of Bell Pottinger and Control Risks Group were all brought in by Mark Warner.
A colleague of Gerald McCann's knew a paralegal and that's how International Family Law Group arrived.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #789 on: November 09, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »
"What do you class as a disclaimer?
The fact that they were lulled into a false sense of security brought about by the ambience of Luz and made entirely wrong choices as a result?
You may not wish to concede that they will regret their actions every single day for the rest of their lives ... that is not the way I see it.

**Snip

Heartbroken mum Kate McCann quietly sobs as she speaks for the first time of her guilt about leaving little daughter Madeleine alone the night she was snatched. "I feel desperately sorry to her that we weren't there,"
she says.

"Every hour now, I still ask myself, 'Why did I think that was safe?' But it did feel safe and so right. I do feel regret. I've gone through all my life and said I never want to have any regrets, but you can't not regret something like that."

Speaking without her husband Gerry at her side for the first time, Kate, 38, reveals how she is haunted by the unbearable regret that she wasn't there to protect her daughter.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/4aug7/SUNDAY_MIRROR_05_08_07.htm

"Talk is cheap and actions is proof."

Indeed. it took a while for them to say those words they were almost prized out of them.IMO.

Reply to red font,

They felt it was safe seriously? did Maddie not tell her parents she or Sean woke up crying> and did Kate not say she felt uneasy about leaving the door unlocked but did it anyway- she didn't think about any other danger befitting a children left alone in an apartment? OK  you buy that dragon it's second hand the man said.

Reply to green font;

Is there any  good reason at all why they didn't say this on their first interview on the day they were telling the press about maddie disappearing? and do you not wonder about them distancing themslves from any blame by making out "shutters were jemmied"/"maddie was abducted"/ "it was like sitting in the garden", they never said in that first interview (press intrusion asking awkward questions) that they left the children every night to go and dine out or that the kids woke up crying. OMG what a diffferent outcome that would have been had they said all that.

Nicely stage managed!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin