Author Topic: DCI Redwood, "The McCanns & their friends are not suspects"  (Read 159106 times)

Online Wonderfulspam

DCI Redwood, "The McCanns & their friends are not suspects"
« on: October 18, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »
DCI Redwood

"The McCanns & their group of friends are not suspects".

Can someone fill me in on exactly how they have been entirely ruled out?

What is the concrete evidence that proves their undoubtable lack of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance?

Official Find Madeleine Campaign
17 October 2013 at 14:33 ·
“Neither her parents or any of the members of the group that were with her are either persons of interest or suspects”
~DCI Andy Redwood

Listen at 1:07 on this video – Confirmation the McCanns are not suspects or persons of interest and neither are their friends.

Anyone continuing to carry on with the fallacy that the E-Fit is Gerry will be banned from this page. You've heard it directly from DCI Redwood that Gerry and Kate are not suspects and we will not tolerate the continued unfounded persecution of Gerry and Kate on this page.

~FM Webmaster

http://m.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign/posts/10151905090784931

« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 03:38:11 AM by John »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline patb

Re: DCI Redwood, "The McCanns & their friends are not suspects"
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:46:02 AM »
I would want to beleive that he has to say this considering the political and PR situation re the case at the moment. Can you imagine if he came in with no new evidence, £5 mil in the budget funded by the PM and on day one named the parents as suspects? I would want and hope to believe that if he is a true detective, he will be treating them as suspects in his own mind (which is the important thing) and monitoring their behavoir etc and not from an intelectual perspective closing off the thought that it was  possibly them.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:48:11 AM by patb »

C.Edwards

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
DCI Redwood

What is the concrete evidence that proves their undoubtable lack of involvement in Madeleine's disappearance?

I think you're opening yourself up to a snipey comment along the lines of, "well I trust the police know what they're talking about. Don't you?" here...  8(0(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:50:43 AM »
DCI Redwood

You would need to ask redwood, no one here has any real information of what they have

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »
DCI Redwood is not going to be a happy man  8)><( How can you rule anything out lol.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Carew

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »
DCI Redwood

Not at this stage, perhaps?

Avenues other than parents and friends to investigate and eliminate first maybe?

icabodcrane

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »
I found it interesting that Redwood kept emphasising that the time they were concerned with was 8.30pm to 10pm

Since Gerry says he saw Madeleine alive and well at 9.05pm  you have to wonder why the crucial time is not from that point on

Have   the McCanns  'really'  been ruled out  ? 

Lyall

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 12:24:21 PM »
I found it interesting that Redwood kept emphasising that the time they were concerned with was 8.30pm to 10pm

Since Gerry says he saw Madeleine alive and well at 9.05pm  you have to wonder why the crucial time is not from that point on

Have   the McCanns  'really'  been ruled out  ?

I think he says 8.30 to 10 because next to nothing is known about the preceding three hours, in fact nothing now because DP's visit wasn't mentioned in Crimewatch. That's three hours it seems nobody wants to visit.

Offline patb

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that during the Crimewatch special, he was careful in his use of words , not actually saying that they were abducted but dissapeared.?

Lyall

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2013, 12:42:21 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that during the Crimewatch special, he was careful in his use of words , not actually saying that they were abducted but dissapeared.?

I think so patb. And not just him, everyone was careful with their words. Undoubtedly lawyers were involved in the production and content of CW.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 01:58:33 PM »

In the german version of crimewatch,  after being pressed on the issue Redwood said Kate & Gerry are the parents of a child who is 'lost'.

That's not quite the same as 'abducted'.
And he doesn't definitively state that they are not suspects.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 02:07:03 PM »
In the german version of crimewatch,  after being pressed on the issue Redwood said Kate & Gerry are the parents of a child who is 'lost'.

That's not quite the same as 'abducted'.
And he doesn't definitively state that they are not suspects.

He also used the word lost in the Dutch version although he did also say they weren't suspects or persons of interest.

At this juncture if, as I and many others suspect, SY are playing the long game would you really expect Redwood to say that they were suspects ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline patb

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
I would hope that is not a legal motivation but he is making an effort within his own mindset to keep his options open. If you keep repeating something over and over again (just how many press conferences has he done?) there is a danger you start to beleive it. She has been lost, she has dissappeared and anthing else is under investigation. I think its a good sign.

Offline Jazzy

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »
I would hope that is not a legal motivation but he is making an effort within his own mindset to keep his options open. If you keep repeating something over and over again (just how many press conferences has he done?) there is a danger you start to beleive it. She has been lost, she has dissappeared and anthing else is under investigation. I think its a good sign.

That's very true. If you keep repeating something over and over, like, say, for example, "The Mccanns are guilty, despite the lack of evidence", you do indeed start to believe it.

Offline jassi

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »
That's very true. If you keep repeating something over and over, like, say, for example, "The Mccanns are guilty, despite the lack of evidence", you do indeed start to believe it.

Similar things seems to have happened with 'abduction' as well.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future