Author Topic: A new member's perception - but are these points true or false?  (Read 75329 times)

Offline John

Re: A new member's perception - but are these points true or false?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 01:36:47 PM »
Given my own knowledge of the case I suggest this version...

1. The apartment was not broken into - there was no evidence of a break in.
2. The police found no evidence of abduction by a stranger.
3. There were conflicting accounts of what happened on the days leading up to Madeleine's disappearance from some of the tapas group members.
4. The parents and friends accounts of how often and when they checked the children were inaccurate/conflicting.
5. Gerry searched outside for Madeleine the moment it was discovered she was missing. The parents did not join searchers but went out on their own at first light.
6. The parents criticised the police investigation from a very early stage, despite not joining in to look for their daughter.
7. The parents insistence that their daughter had been abducted - they think by a paedophile group -  is inconsistent with their belief that it was safe to leave their children alone in an unlocked apartment.
8. The parents friends and family alerted the media at a very early stage. They later employed their own detectives who were not experts in missing children cases.
9. The parents gave permission for a Fund using maximum publicity and with celebrity endorsement to get public money.
10,. The parents have used money from the fund to sue people who have abused and defamed them.
11. The lead detective on the case, Amaral, was convicted of falsifying police documents in the case of another missing 8-year-old.
12. The McCann's and their friends for various reasons failed to take part in a reconstruction of events which could have helped jog people's memories.
13, Jane Tanner's testimony was not convincing - her story was inconsistent. The abduction theory rested heavily on her 'sighting' which has now proved to be irrelevant.

Feel free to comment on these points.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:41:14 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Candi

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »
Time and time again it has been proved that initially they searched. After that they were being interviewed by the police and being asked to support the investigation by providing photos and information. Normal police procedure is to discourage families from active searching and leave it to the professionals.
Not sure about that Aiofe.. I would have been out all night searching despite being advised not to, i would have to have been dragged back in.  But everyone's different i suppose, i just don't understand them!

Cariad

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »
Hopefully no news is good news - as in the police are carrying out a proper investigation and the media circus has stopped. In my opinion the key to this case is going right back to the beginning and investigating the days around Madeleine's disappearance. What the key witnesses did and said. Looking at the inconsistencies and so on.

There are some key facts that have been ignored or distorted by all the media frenzy.

1. The apartment was not broken in to - there was no evidence of a break in.
2. There is no evidence of an abduction by a stranger.
3. There are conflicting accounts of what happened on the days around Madeleine's disappearance from the key witnesses.
4. The parents and friends accounts of how often and when they checked the children are inaccurate/conflicting.
5. The parents did not join in the search for their daughter on the evening of her disappearance.
6. The parents criticized the police investigation from a very early stage, despite  not joining in to look for their daughter.
7. The parents insistence that their daughter had been abducted - they think by a paedophile group -  is inconsistent with their belief that it was safe to leave their children alone in an unlocked apartment.
8. The parents alerted the media at a very early stage. They employed their own detectives who were not experts in missing children cases.
9. the parents started up a Fund using maximum publicity and with celebrity endorsement to get public money.
10,. The parents have used money from the fund to sue people who do not support their abduction by a stranger theory
11. The detective on  the case, Amaral, was wrongly accused of beating up a woman who is now in jail convicted of the murder of her 8 year old.
12. The McCann's and their friends did not take part in a reconstruction of the evening which could have helped jog people's memories.
13, Jane Tanner's testimony was not convincing - she changed her story. The abduction theory rested heavily on her 'sighting' which has now proved to be irrelevant.

1, I believe to be correct.
2, I believe to be correct.
3, Definitely true.
4, Definitely true.
5, This is debatable. Kate searched the apartment before alerting anyone to Madeleine's disappearance and Gerry searched the immediate area so after. They didn't search through the night, but went out at 5 or 6 in the morning to look.
6, The criticism came from family members, but it's fair to assume that they got the information from K &G
7, I don't know. It's a matter of opinion rather that something which is either true or false.
8, True.
9, True.
10, I don't know. Apparently Cater Ruck works on a no win no fee basis.
11, I don't think Amaral was ever accused of actually beating LC up. Just of signing paperwork to do with it, which he was found guilty of.
12, Definitely true.
13, Again, it's more a matter of opinion rather than something we could state is true or false.

Offline Candi

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 01:41:59 PM »
Imagine you enter in a strange bedroom with open window, shutters and curtains and see your daughter isn't in her bed.
Can you imagine yourself not crying her name regardless of other children sleeping nearby ? Not screaming her name through the window ? Not sobbing her name all the way along to launch the alarm ?
Not at all Anne..and i cannot believe how she could have left those babies alone to get help, why couldn't she have shouted from the balcony ?

Offline John

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 01:53:29 PM »

if you cant back this up as fact! it shouldn't be allowed on here ...forums rules dontcha know ... 8-)(--)

this thread is nothing but a stick to beat the mccanns with .... and admin im surprised at you for allowing it ...well no actually im not surprised seeing as all admin/mods are anti ...

Members are entitled to their views the last time I looked.  It is up to others to educated them as to the facts though.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 01:54:03 PM »
Given my own knowledge of the case I suggest this version...

3. There were conflicting accounts of what happened on the days leading up to Madeleine's disappearance from some of the tapas group members.
4. The parents and friends accounts of how often and when they checked the children were inaccurate/conflicting.
5. Gerry searched outside for Madeleine the moment it was discovered she was missing. The parents did not join searchers but went out on their own at first light.
6. The parents criticised the police investigation from a very early stage, despite not joining in to look for their daughter.
8. The parents friends and family alerted the media at a very early stage. They later employed their own detectives who were not experts in missing children cases.
9. The parents gave permission for a Fund using maximum publicity and with celebrity endorsement to get public money.
10,. The parents have used money from the fund to sue people who have abused and defamed them.
11. The lead detective on the case, Amaral, was convicted of falsifying police documents in the case of another missing 8-year-old.
12. The McCann's and their friends for various reasons failed to take part in a reconstruction of events which could have helped jog people's memories.
13, Jane Tanner's testimony was not convincing - her story was inconsistent. The abduction theory rested heavily on her 'sighting' which has now proved to be irrelevant.

?{)(**
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »
Does this version please you Benita?

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »
OK..So is number 11 true...

Its not true Amaral NEVER BEAT anyone up, he wasnt even in the room when the err mother who commited Filicide was being interrogated.

He was however, charged for changing and falsifying documentation, got a suspended sentence, and has served his time, HE WAS NEVER SACKED for this...

ALSO all the officers who were accused were ABSOLVED as it was proven in a court that the mother who commited Filicide LIED about the beating.

Is that enough information.

I am just fed up of the same thing being dragged up and used to beat Amaral with....

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »

i'll stick with the known facts thank you ...you really love to stir the pot don't you john ...watch out though cos one day it will come back and bite you on the arse!  ... ?>)()<

So whats not correct then? I would love to be educated about what is missing on this post....

Thanks.  8((()*/

AnneGuedes

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »
Madeleine Was Here

Kate McCann

"I did my check about 10.00 o'clock and went in through the sliding patio doors and I just stood, actually, and I thought, 'oh, all quiet', and to be honest, I might have been tempted to turn round then, but I just noticed that the door, the bedroom door where the three children were sleeping, was open much further than we'd left it. I went to close it to about here and then as I got to here, it suddenly slammed and then as I opened it, it was then that I just thought, 'I'll just look at the children' and I could see Sean and Amelie in the cot and then I was looking at Madeleine's bed which was here and it was dark and I was looking and I was thinking, 'is that Madeleine or is that the bedding?', and I couldn't quite make her out. It sounds really stupid now, but at the time, I was thinking I didn't want to put the light on cos I didn't wanna wake them and literally, as I went back in, the curtains of the bedroom which were drawn,… were closed, … whoosh … It was like a gust of wind, kinda, just blew them open and cuddle cat was still there and her pink blanket was still there and then I knew straight away that she had, errr... been taken, you know."

knew straight away that she had, errr... been taken, you know."

So no need to search anyway because she knew an abductor had taken her, just phone the police immediately. Which she didn't.
When asked why instead of scouring the land next to the complex they stayed inside the apartment, he replies that it did not happen that way. While the guests and employees of the resort were searching, he went to the main Reception to check whether they had called the Police, and told Kate to wait inside the apartment. After going to the Reception he went back to the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom. 7th September
the deponent (Mr McCann) having asked MATHEW who went to the secondary reception [where] the event was communicated to the local police, since he had no doubt that his daughter had been kidnapped [abducted]. 10th May

AnneGuedes

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »

He didn't "falsify", he signed without checking. Of course he shouldn't have but that doesn't make him a falsification maker.

Benita

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2013, 02:20:42 PM »
He didn't "falsify", he signed without checking. Of course he shouldn't have but that doesn't make him a falsification maker.

no it makes him a very sloppy copper ..but I don't believe for nano second he signed without  checking ..my view and opinion  8((()*/

AnneGuedes

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »

5. Gerry searched outside for Madeleine the moment it was discovered she was missing[/b]. The parents did not join searchers but went out on their own at first light.[/b]
He himself never pretended he searched, the only "outside" he went immediately was to experiment the shutters.
He wasn't at home, though, when Dianne went to the flat five minutes after the alarm was launched.
Where was he ?

Rachel Granada

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »
Its not true Amaral NEVER BEAT anyone up, he wasnt even in the room when the err mother who commited Filicide was being interrogated.

He was however, charged for changing and falsifying documentation, got a suspended sentence, and has served his time, HE WAS NEVER SACKED for this...

ALSO all the officers who were accused were ABSOLVED as it was proven in a court that the mother who commited Filicide LIED about the beating.

Is that enough information.

I am just fed up of the same thing being dragged up and used to beat Amaral with....

No need to shout, we're not deaf.  This is interesting what you put in your post:

Its not true Amaral NEVER BEAT anyone up

Benita

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »
No need to shout, we're not deaf.  This is interesting what you put in your post:

Its not true Amaral NEVER BEAT anyone up

@)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*