Author Topic: The Madeleine Fund - Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd.  (Read 8947 times)

Offline Apostate

Re: The Madeleine Fund - Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 07:29:59 PM »
Like everything else it's main objective is to promote the idea that the McCanns are entirely blameless

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 07:51:24 PM »
I don't know how to do links, I'm sorry,  but if you go to youtube and type in  'Radio Leicester John McCann'  you will hear Eileen McCann  (  Gerry's mother )  speaking about the creation of the  fund and what Gerry and Kate intend doing with it  (  stop at at about 16.38 )

She says that she presumes  (  having been speaking to Gerry every night )  that if Madeleine is not found  'in the next week' they will be putting lawyers and investigators in most European countries  ...  and that would cost money

It is quite clear that the  'parallel investigation'  the McCanns had in mind very early on was more than just   social networking and publicity

Yes I accept that, but what's the problem?  Is is something suspicious or sinister to want to hire your own detectives? Provided the McCanns were transparent about use of funds - and speaking about private investigators at this point shows their transparency - what's the matter?

icabodcrane

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 08:37:39 PM »
Yes I accept that, but what's the problem?  Is is something suspicious or sinister to want to hire your own detectives? Provided the McCanns were transparent about use of funds - and speaking about private investigators at this point shows their transparency - what's the matter?

The point I was making is that the McCanns had decided to run a parallel investigation within days of claiming their three year old had been abducted from her bed

When the  news first broke I,  and everyone else,  were desperately hoping the  little girl would be found, perhaps injured or trapped somewhere 

As the days went on though,  and the frantic searches proved fruitless,  the awful dread that the next news would be of a little body having been found  inevitably came

What I never thought,  though,  in those early days  (  and I'm pretty sure not many other people did either  )  was that what was needed was a Europe wide investigation   ... even  before the  immediate vicinity had been thoroughly searched  and all local enquiries exhausted

But the McCanns did plan ahead for just that sort of far reaching investigation/campaign  ...  and they did so within days   (  almost as if they were certain the early investigation would be unsuccessful  )

Don't you find that questionable  ? 

Cariad

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 09:06:32 PM »
I don't know how to do links, I'm sorry,  but if you go to youtube and type in  'Radio Leicester John McCann'  you will hear Eileen McCann  (  Gerry's mother )  speaking about the creation of the  fund and what Gerry and Kate intend doing with it  (  stop at at about 16.38 )

She says that she presumes  (  having been speaking to Gerry every night )  that if Madeleine is not found  'in the next week' they will be putting lawyers and investigators in most European countries  ...  and that would cost money

It is quite clear that the  'parallel investigation'  the McCanns had in mind very early on was more than just   social networking and publicity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMj1LdfI6uI

icabodcrane

Redblossom

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »

The point is why they were planning for private detectives not even two weeks into a police investigation and search.....as for transparency, purleeze...... their accounts are shrouded in secrecy .........legal but secret....and certainly NOT as transparent as charities which they lauded their fund / small business as gerry described  it....would  be
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:28:08 PM by Redblossom »

Estuarine

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »
The Fund is a private company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales on 15th May 2007.It generates funds from public subscription. Has the company provided the public subscribers with sufficient information to be able to appreciate how their donations are being spent?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:06:11 PM by Estuarine »

Redblossom

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »
If anyone who donated to the fund was interested to see where / how monies were spent, they wouldnt be able to do so as there is nothing on the official find madeleine website to detail this (that I can see)

Just a page setting out the fund objectives

So the millions the mccanns received in donations from the general public remain just that, donations, no feedback or info from the recipients to the donators

Eta The Daily Mail did an Article in 2008 on their first year accounts, other than that Joe Blogs wouldnt have a clue (even if they paid to get the accounts which became limited no detail versions after 2008)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1131284/Where-2m-gave-Madeleine-McCann-gone.html

Theres a thread detailing all the accounts to date and a couple of analytical articles by E O'Dowd here

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1682.0

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:30:18 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Apostate

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 08:09:36 PM »
The Fund meets it's statutory obligations and no more than that.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 08:36:44 PM »
The Fund meets it's statutory obligations and no more than that.
Transparency was just a word. Why should they actually do things if it seems al-right when they just say they'll do ?
That's how they forced/opened the shutters/window. Very easy way..
Funny people !

Estuarine

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 08:41:17 PM »
Transparency was just a word. Why should they actually do things if it seems al-right when they just say they'll do ?
That's how they forced/opened the shutters/window. Very easy way..
Funny people !

I think this line from The Mikado sums it up; maybe not just the company either!
"Merely corroborative detail, intended to give artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative".

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2014, 08:27:11 AM »
I think this line from The Mikado sums it up; maybe not just the company either!
"Merely corroborative detail, intended to give artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative".

@)(++(* @)(++(*
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 12:18:54 PM »
Oh deary me back to The Fund and whether or not it is fraudulent.
My readings of threads on this forum suggest that this topic has been done to death...over and over again.
"The Fund" is a small private company and as such has to present simple financial statements little more than a P&L, balance sheet and directors simple report to Companies House by a specific date each year.
The accounts do not have to be prepared by a qualified accountant.
There is no legal requirement for an external audit unless a member of the company asks for an audit.
The purpose of an external audit is to provide an independent opinion on the truth and fairness of the financial statements, whether they have been properly prepared in accordance with the Companies Act and to issue a report to the directors.
Should the company have been set up with Model Form Articles of Association it may then do anything the directors wish to turn a profit always provided that the actions are legal.
Simples.
Were such a fund fraudulent the only mechanism by which this could occur is self evident.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
It does pay to know how things work.
"The Fund" is set up as a Company Limited by Guarantee which is a commonplace structure for a small private non profit making organisation. As a non profit making organisation it will not be liable for corporation tax. HMRC's only interest will be in a return that demonstrates the company is not liable to pay any corporation tax. Normally in these instances HMRC will be satisfied with a copy of the P&L account and the balance sheet. This would not give any indication whether or not the operation were fraudulent. Just to set the record straight I do not believe the day to day operations are fraudulent. Whether the original set up was fraudulent is a different matter but unless someone can prove that those who set up the company knew Madeleine McCann was dead at the time of incorporation then that idea is going nowhere.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:11:48 AM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 04:58:41 PM »
It does pay to know how things work.
"The Fund" is set up as a Company Limited by Guarantee which is a commonplace structure for a small private non profit making organisation. As a non profit making organisation it will not be liable for corporation tax. HMRC's only interest will be in a return that demonstrates the company is not liable to pay any corporation tax. Normally in these instances HMRC will be satisfied with a copy of the P&L account and the balance sheet. This would not give any indication whether or not the operation were fraudulent. Just to set the record straight I do not believe the day to day operations are fraudulent. Whether the original set up was fraudulent is a different matter but unless someone can prove that those who set up the company knew Madeleine McCann was dead at the time of incorporation then that idea is going nowhere.

Sorry Alice - the company is liable to corporation tax on its profits.