Author Topic: In her book Kate McCann asserts that Tannerman and Smithman are the same?  (Read 24812 times)

Offline j.rob

Re: In her book Kate McCann asserts that Tannerman and Smithman are the same?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
Okay, seeing as you obviously love getting into little battles over semantics.........throughout her book Kate would like us to believe that Tannerman and Smithman are the same person.

She makes comments such as 'the similarities speak for themselves'. I didn't write the title of this thread....I would say that Kate 'suggests' that they are the same person. And if you look at the passages in the book where she brings up these two sightings, you will see that she would like the reader to think that they are likely to be the same person.

In any case, this is my opinion based on my understanding of the book. My opinion is simply my opinion. However, for those people who are interested in forming an opinion on the subject, they can read the book and make up their own minds.

In my opinion, the abductor would not be wandering around the resort with an abducted child for that length of time. Now that Tannerman has been ruled out that leaves the Smith sighting which still has not been ruled out as far as I am aware.

Offline Benice

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 04:51:29 PM »
Okay, seeing as you obviously love getting into little battles over semantics.........throughout her book Kate would like us to believe that Tannerman and Smithman are the same person.

She makes comments such as 'the similarities speak for themselves'. I didn't write the title of this thread....I would say that Kate 'suggests' that they are the same person. And if you look at the passages in the book where she brings up these two sightings, you will see that she would like the reader to think that they are likely to be the same person.

In any case, this is my opinion based on my understanding of the book. My opinion is simply my opinion. However, for those people who are interested in forming an opinion on the subject, they can read the book and make up their own minds.

In my opinion, the abductor would not be wandering around the resort with an abducted child for that length of time. Now that Tannerman has been ruled out that leaves the Smith sighting which still has not been ruled out as far as I am aware.

It's ridiculous IMO to suggest that Kate would  NOT think they could both be the same person.   When you think of all the different heights, shapes and sizes, different clothing, hair colouring, style, build and age groups there are  - then the two descriptions of both the man and child are remarkably close to one another. 

No-one knows what happened to Madeleine after she was abducted.   She may well have been in a car within seconds of being taken and was long gone before the alarm was raised.    There are several different possible scenarios - wandering around the resort is only one of them.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »

Its not about semantics..its about telling the truth...statements like this that are false  are later posted as facts.

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 04:53:47 PM »
Why wouldn't or shouldn't she think they are related
Someone nicked her kid and there are sightings of a man carry a sleeping child
2 sightings not that far apart
It's not a issue at all

Estuarine

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 06:03:55 PM »
Its not about semantics..its about telling the truth...statements like this that are false are later posted as facts.

O arbiter of truth which statement(s) are untrue?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 06:20:56 PM »

O arbiter of truth which statement(s) are untrue?

read the recent posts..its all there

Estuarine

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »
read the recent posts..its all there

Yeeee haaaa Davel and The Strawmen ride again.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »

Yeeee haaaa Davel and The Strawmen ride again.

if you base your theories on lies  you will never get to the truth.....the title of this thread is a lie

Estuarine

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »

if you base your theories on lies  you will never get to the truth.....the title of this thread is a lie

Estuarine

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »

Best take that up with Admin and the Mods then chief.

icabodcrane

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 12:51:31 AM »
It's ridiculous IMO to suggest that Kate would  NOT think they could both be the same person.   When you think of all the different heights, shapes and sizes, different clothing, hair colouring, style, build and age groups there are  - then the two descriptions of both the man and child are remarkably close to one another. 

No-one knows what happened to Madeleine after she was abducted.   She may well have been in a car within seconds of being taken and was long gone before the alarm was raised.    There are several different possible scenarios - wandering around the resort is only one of them.

I don't think anyone has suggested that it was  'ridiculous'  for Kate to consider it possible that  the man Jane Tanner saw,  and the man the Smith  family saw were one and the same

What has always struck me as odd,  though,  is that the McCanns never seem to have considered the possibility that the  man Jane Tanner saw,  and the man the Smith family saw were   different  men

Did I miss that  ?

DID  the McCanns   ever  speak about the possibility that the man Jane saw,  and the man the Smiths saw may have been  different men  ...  and that, consequently,    each of those sightings should be treated as independent of the  other    (  each being equally important in their own right  ) 

Did the McCanns ever do that  ? 

AnneGuedes

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 01:40:28 AM »
I don't think anyone has suggested that it was  'ridiculous'  for Kate to consider it possible that  the man Jane Tanner saw,  and the man the Smith  family saw were one and the same

What has always struck me as odd,  though,  is that the McCanns never seem to have considered the possibility that the  man Jane Tanner saw,  and the man the Smith family saw were   different  men

Did I miss that  ?

DID  the McCanns   ever  speak about the possibility that the man Jane saw,  and the man the Smiths saw may have been  different men  ...  and that, consequently,    each of those sightings should be treated as independent of the  other    (  each being equally important in their own right  ) 

Did the McCanns ever do that  ?
?{)(**
They would have been real forcados, those who face the bull and seize him by the horns !
You have to admit that they were more passive than what you suggest.
They thought that ignoring Smithman was secure. At least for a certain time.
When they learnt that the Portuguese were filming a documentary inspired by GA, they couldn't ignore Smithman anymore. Knowing that only very few people had and would read the PJ files, they used the same actor, same child, same way of carrying in Agostinho da Silva and Escola Primaria. And that was it ! Smithmann ended providing Tannerman with all that the second lacked of, mainly a little blond girl of 3/4.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 01:46:19 AM »
?{)(**
They would have been real forcados, those who face the bull and seize him by the horns !
You have to admit that they were more passive than what you suggest.
They thought that ignoring Smithman was secure. At least for a certain time.
When they learnt that the Portuguese were filming a documentary inspired by GA, they couldn't ignore Smithman anymore. Knowing that only very few people had and would read the PJ files, they used the same actor, same child, same way of carrying in Agostinho da Silva and Escola Primaria. And that was it ! Smithmann ended providing Tannerman with all that the second lacked of, mainly a little blond girl of 3/4.

Yes, ironic that in this way Smithman coroborrated Jane Tanner's sighting . McCann and Amaral aspirations collided.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 03:51:44 AM »
Yes, ironic that in this way Smithman coroborrated Jane Tanner's sighting . McCann and Amaral aspirations collided.
Only for ignorant people, SH, people kept ignorant of the Smith sighting by the media. Why do you think that only a local Irish newspaper told about the Smith sighting and, as you said, of the likely last sighting of Madeleine ever ?
Even the Portuguese haven't heard of the Smiths.

Offline John

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2014, 05:06:07 AM »
Returning to the opening post, I wonder if after six long years will Kate still consider that Tannerman and Smithman are the same? 
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.