Author Topic: A child abducted yet nobody thought to phone the police immediately?  (Read 67703 times)

Offline j.rob

Re: A child abducted yet nobody thought to phone the police immediately?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
As far as we are aware j.Rob, at the relevant sighting time, Jane Tanner never gave the man and child a thought, as to be doing anything wrong.  As far as we are aware Gerry didn't even enter into her head relative to the man and the child, cos that man could have come from any of the flats, indeed from anywhere in a westerly direction. 
Can we be accurate please.

What a vivid imagination you have to find it odd that she runs 70 metres (50 metres crow flies) to alert her husband and friends and get immediate support.  An athletic woman like kate would have done that distance in a trice
Get your facts right J.Rob.  Matt ran to OC main reception as soon as they realised that Madeleine was not wandering around in the immediate vicinity.  IIRC he asked for the Police to be called by 10.15pm, but reception did not react properly.  Seems an official OC process had to be gone thru. before calling Police.
When the Police, who were only the GNR, finally arrived.  Remember Madeleine was reported missing at 10.15 ish and the police were expected any second.  The Mccann Family were really let down by the late arrival of the GNR, who failed to arrive for approximately 50 minutes.  The first golden hour gone !

Again total ignorance of the truth.  Jane Tanner is NOT a doctor.

AS said before, reception was alerted almost immediately.  As far as the Tapas Group were concerned the Police would be arriving very soon.  Jane expecting the imminent arrival of the police, waited .. and waited .. and waited .. until the GNR finally arrived after 11 oclock.
Who are all these so called witnesses reporting the alarm being raised before 10pm?   Are you sure ... cos I have read the files and didn't find them.  Please will you list them or remove your assertion
 Please will you list these supposed witnesses to the alarm being raised and the commotion before 10pm .  Or kindly remove your assertion of a gap of over an hour, before it becomes yet another forum myth.
i)   J.rob are you Portuguese? 
ii)   if you are British, do you speak Portuguese?
iii)  Before this case did you know the number to phone the police in Portugal?  Cos I am very well travelled including many trips to PT and I didn't know
iv)  Have you ever stayed in a moderately smart place in a foreign Country that has reception staff on who are bi-lingual?   I have ... and the first port of call in such circumstances is the Reception ... for an English /PT bi-lingual speaker.

j.Rob, if this is the best that you can do.  Give it up [/color]

It is odd to leave two children in an apartment when you think an abductor has just been in and stolen the third child. It is not logical.

There was nothing to stop either the McCanns or any of their friends immediately alerting the police on their cell phones at 10pm. They could easily have asked a staff member to speak to the police, if none of the police at the station understood english.

According to the PJ files, the first call logged at GNR was at at 10.50pm.

If you look at the PJ files you can read witness statements from staff etc at the resort who say they heard that a child was missing well before 10pm.

Why not phone hotel reception? And the police?

Couldn't remember which of the group were doctors - the point is a lot of them were and they would have known you need to react quickly in an emergency. Once Jane learnt that Madeleine was missing, and she thinks she saw the abductor, she should have called the police immediately.

So - according to you, everything is everyone else's fault but not the McCAnns? Hotel reception delays, the late arrival of the police when in fact the McCanns themselves had failed to notify the police by phone.

Madeleine was indeed let down - by her parents.

You can check out witnesses statements in the PJ files which are online.

In my opinion, neither Kate or Gerry (or indeed any of their friends) called the police because they wanted to distance themselves from the disappearance. They had decided that Madeleine's disappearance would be everyone else's fault but their own.

I've been abroad and called the police. Easy as pie - especially if you are in a restaurant etc where there are staff who speak the native language as well as english which there often are in holiday resorts.

The McCanns were not let down by the police, or by staff at the resort. They let themselves down by leaving their children unattended and then faking an abduction.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
They had decided that Madeleine's disappearance would be everyone else's fault but their own.
It's at the core of the mystery, imo, supposing it is one, and not a made up one.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »
I removed your post Sadie as we don't refer to members as liars on this forum... even in jest...

We have to take at face value your claim that neither you or your hubby ever knew that the European Emergency Number was 112.  At least you are now safe in the knowledge that that is no longer the case.

Had the McCanns and the other tapas 7 phoned this number their daughter might be home in Rothley today.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:14:26 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 05:19:21 PM »
Here is one of the police cars which apparently Sadie never noticed in Portugal.

John, You should know by now, that I am not a liar.

As you have removed my somewhat light hearted response, will you please remove the words implying that I am being untruthful.  Leave the photo if you wish.

Thankyou.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2014, 05:20:12 PM »

Had the McCanns and the other tapas 7 phoned this number their daughter might be home in Rothley today.
I really don't think so.. If it were so, they had found a way to call (elliptic, not absurd).
The group and the staff had no authority to call the police. The receptionist might have called if it had been asked by the missing child's father.

Redblossom

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
I think the word "police" internationally  recognised for what it means,  and "do you speak english" in an emergency would do it......otherwise run down hundreds of yards to somewhere instead and ask them to call but dont sit there and make sure they do, just go back, and then go back there again to ask if they did

8-)(--)
Its a major wtf moment! that police were not alerted until 2241 that night

Loads of old threads on it, just do a search on 112 and you will find them
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:30:36 PM by Redblossom »

Offline j.rob

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 05:59:06 PM »
Witness statement from PJ files. He puts the timing of the alarm being raised at 9.20pm. Definitely worth a read as he gives quite a few timings.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ARLINDO-PELEGA.htm

If his timings are accurate, this is a huge difference to the 10pm timing given by Kate in her book.

Other witnesses also give the timing of hearing 'a commotion' as earlier than 10pm.

So what is going on here?

Offline j.rob

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »
Another witness gives the timing of the alarm being raised as between 9.30pm and 10pm

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/HELDER_LUIS.htm

Offline jassi

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
All these pesky witnesses. If it wasn't for them, the Tapas story might ring true.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Redblossom

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2014, 06:11:53 PM »
All these pesky witnesses. If it wasn't for them, the Tapas story might ring true.

"snortle"

Redblossom

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2014, 06:18:14 PM »

deleted!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:37:26 AM by Redblossom »

Offline j.rob

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »
Witnesses give the timing of the alarm being raised and 'a commotion' relating to the disappearance of Madeleine as being earlier than 10pm. This raises a number of questions, one of which why the police were not alerted at an earlier stage by the McCanns or their friends.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TIME_LINE_INFORMATION.htm

Offline j.rob

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 07:26:42 PM »
I really don't think so.. If it were so, they had found a way to call (elliptic, not absurd).
The group and the staff had no authority to call the police. The receptionist might have called if it had been asked by the missing child's father.

You don't need authority to call the police. If you feel that there is a serious emergency, you call the police. It is that simple.

In my opinion, there was a deliberate delay in calling the police and the McCanns wanted other people to do it so they could distance themselves from Madeleine's disappearance. However, it is interesting to speculate what might have happened if the police had been on the scene sooner. At 9.30pm, say.

But in general the police will not be there BEFORE a crime has been committed. They will only be there afterwards.

They formed an opinion on who was responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine. I see no reason to question that opinion although the exact motives and what exactly happened are as yet unclear.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 08:31:31 PM »
You don't need authority to call the police. If you feel that there is a serious emergency, you call the police. It is that simple.

Would you call the police if you were close to the victim, equipped with a phone and physically fit or would you offer to do it ?

Offline Benice

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 08:46:51 AM »
No, you would just agree with the McCanns, whatever they say or do, SY investigation or not.

Why on earth would I do that?    I don't know them. 
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal