Author Topic: Kate McCann admits in her book that private criminal investigations in Portugal were illegal.  (Read 107103 times)

Offline Angelo222

Its you making a fool of yourself.. the mccanns are guilty of nothing....what exactly was the nature of the contract between the mccanns and what investigations did metodo 3 carry out in Portugal..thats before I ask you the precise details of the portuguese law

What investigations did Metodo 3 carry out in Portugal??  Are you for real ??

When you employ someone to break the law davel you are every bit the criminal as are the persons you employ.  The McCanns and Metodo 3 should have been prosecuted for what they did in direct violation of Portuguese Law.  No doubt Amaral was considering this before he was removed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 05:32:46 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

no I asked that question...and what was the nature of the contract between met 3 and the mccanns..the mmccanns are guilty of nothing...

Offline Angelo222

no I asked that question...and what was the nature of the contract between met 3 and the mccanns..the mmccanns are guilty of nothing...

The ignorance argument won't wash this time as Kate acknowledges in her book that they knew it was 'technically illegal'.  She obviously thinks that being technically illegal is somehow a lesser crime.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:37:14 AM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfred R Jones

It is illegal to undertake private investigations in a criminal case while official investigations are ongoing. The McCanns knew this but went ahead anyway.  What does that tell us about them?
It tells us that they
a) didn't believe the PJ's investigation into their daughter's disappearance was making any progress at all and
b) they were desperate to find their child.
If these two facts mean that they are ripe for another kicking on this forum well then that's just par for the course.  And I don't for one minute see how desperate parents who technically break the law (allegedly) to find a missing child is on the same level as covering up for colleagues who have tortured a suspect, nope not similar at all.

Remember the sanctimonious tripe from certain quarters that they would do whatever it takes to find their own child if she or he were missing - well would they have done whatever it takes, except break this particular aspect of PT law? 

stephen25000

It tells us that they
a) didn't believe the PJ's investigation into their daughter's disappearance was making any progress at all and
If these two facts mean that they are ripe for another kicking on this forum well then that's just par for the course.  And I don't for one minute see how desperate parents who technically break the law (allegedly) to find a missing child is on the same level as covering up for colleagues who have tortured a suspect, nope not similar at all.

Remember the sanctimonious tripe from certain quarters that they would do whatever it takes to find their own child if she or he were missing - well would they have done whatever it takes, except break this particular aspect of PT law?

So they broke the Portuguese Law at least twice.

Nice.

Offline faithlilly

It tells us that they

And I would have also done as the McCanns did if my child was missing. I would also have committed a crime too.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

And I would have also done as the McCanns did if my child was missing. I would also have committed a crime too.

Agreed.
There was no alternative.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

Agreed.
There was no alternative.

Unless it was a mere diversion to cover the truth. 8**8:/:

Alfred R Jones

So, let's see. The McCanns risked breaking Portuguese Law by hiring a team of detectives to investigate their child's disappearance as a diversion from the fact that it was them wot dunnit.  And the logic behind this theory is...?

Well, it's what any criminal in that position would do isn't it?  Rather than leave the country and let the heat die down, and out of reach from their justice system, instead they decide to break another law in this foreign country by getting in a team to investigate the crime which they themselves committed, paying this team hundreds of thousands of pounds from a fund which they illegally set up supposedly for self-enrichment. 

Ah yes, it's all so plausible when put like that isn't it?

stephen25000

So, let's see. The McCanns risked breaking Portuguese Law by hiring a team of detectives to investigate their child's disappearance as a diversion from the fact that it was them wot dunnit.  And the logic behind this theory is...?

Well, it's what any criminal in that position would do isn't it?  Rather than leave the country and let the heat die down, and out of reach from their justice system, instead they decide to break another law in this foreign country by getting in a team to investigate the crime which they themselves committed, paying this team hundreds of thousands of pounds from a fund which they illegally set up supposedly for self-enrichment. 

Ah yes, it's all so plausible when put like that isn't it?

Well they did break the law at least twice.

and of course if the abduction is made up as many believe, they've broke a whole lot more, including ones in the UK.

Offline Carana

Before you make a fool of yourself yet again davel who employed Metodo 3 to undertake illegal activities?

Who knew fool well that employing a firm of Spanish investigators to work on a criminal case in Portugal was illegal?

We all know the answer to the above but the question I would like answered is this.  Who instructed Metodo 3 to arrange legal representation for Leonor Cipriano,the only purpose of such being to undermine Amaral?

Do you have any supporting evidence for that from any credible source?

stephen25000

Do you have any supporting evidence for that from any credible source?

Are you kidding , or just trying to change history ?

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
From Madeleine.

"Our first investigators, the Spanish company Método 3, began working for us in October. With private investigations technicaly ilegal in Portugal, we felt the closest we could get would be a firm from somewhere on the Iberian Peninsula, which would have the advantage of familiarity with local systems, culture and geography and the best network of contacts in the region."

When you employ someone to break the law davel you are every bit the criminal as are the persons you employ.  The McCanns and Metodo 3 should have been prosecuted for what they did in direct violation of Portuguese Law.  No doubt Amaral was considering this before he was removed.

None it seems!

Metodo3

Since September 2007 , a private detection agency Metodo3 who are based in Barcelona, has been employed to complement the official investigation, in particular focusing its enquiries outside of Portugal. They were selected to help with the search for Madeleine on the basis of a proven history of resolving cases in the Iberian peninsula, and they can demonstrate strong working relationships with the relevant authorities in this region.

Metodo3 provide a multi lingual call handling centre for any information that might be related to Madeleine's abduction.  All calls are dealt with in confidential manner.

The costs for Metodo 3's services will be met by contributions from the 'Find Madeleine' Fund and from a financial backer.

For further information on Metodo3 see  www.metodo3.es

Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

stephen25000

None it seems!

Metodo3

Since September 2007 , a private detection agency Metodo3 who are based in Barcelona, has been employed to complement the official investigation, in particular focusing its enquiries outside of Portugal. They were selected to help with the search for Madeleine on the basis of a proven history of resolving cases in the Iberian peninsula, and they can demonstrate strong working relationships with the relevant authorities in this region.

Metodo3 provide a multi lingual call handling centre for any information that might be related to Madeleine's abduction.  All calls are dealt with in confidential manner.

The costs for Metodo 3's services will be met by contributions from the 'Find Madeleine' Fund and from a financial backer.

For further information on Metodo3 see  www.metodo3.es

Would you care to remind us of how members of metodo3 gained criminal convictions ?

Offline Carew

Would you care to remind us of how members of metodo3 gained criminal convictions ?

No replies yet?

It seems that many would prefer you to mention the McCanns` woeful parenting in order to pile in en masse for a few "stuck record" weak attempts at "witticisms."