Author Topic: Sergei Malinka among the new persons of interest.  (Read 20713 times)

Offline VIXTE

Re: Sergei Malinka among the new persons of interest.
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2014, 01:05:02 AM »
I think the SM questioning is a result of his file causing concerns / as far as I can see, there isn't a link to the other 3 who are the 'burglary' trio.

Those 3 were dirt poor - they fit the break-in hypothesis.

SM lacks alibi (from file) /has alarming stuff in his file from a child protection point of view -- he would be more suited to a lone abductor theory.
It has been reported SM's questioning has to do with a sofa he dumped and which contained a DNA similar to one found in 5A but then I thought I 've seen at least one article mentioning all four having a connection of some sort..nevermind..

Offline misty

« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2014, 01:26:24 AM »
It has been reported SM's questioning has to do with a sofa he dumped and which contained a DNA similar to one found in 5A but then I thought I 've seen at least one article mentioning all four having a connection of some sort..nevermind..

What is strange is the PJ searching Sergey's apartment in 2007 and removing certain items, including computer equipment, because of his links with Murat - yet failing to take a DNA sample at that time.
(see pages 1403 onwards in PJ files)

Offline Brietta

« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2014, 02:16:35 AM »
I am really curious about this shop.Malinka had a shop at the time if I remember correctly..
Same time I am thinking whether him being Russian has something to do with the recent story in the press about Russians trying to take someone's baby in a restaurant?
Is the building they are aiming to search a building containing this shop? It surely doesn't belong to any of these new arguidos?
And how come there is no statement in the files about a witness seeing a child being taken to a shop or similar premises
Is nobody else curious about this?

Very curious indeed.

I was supposing one of two things; could have been a statement from the 'missing' files, which are not in the public domain; or an entirely new witness coming forward as a result of people being reinterviewed or as a result of the recent CW appeals.

There are quite a few witness statements from people at the time who had to be very persistant to get the police to take notice of their statements eg; sisters Jayne Jensen and Annie Wiltshire.
There are also the files recovered from Ricardo Paiva in 2010 which had been filed as 'not relevant to the investigation'.

Alfred has posted that Operation Grange were a year into their reappraisal of the case before going with abduction; there must have been information which convinced them of that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »
I wonder if Mr Malinka owns a burgundy t shirt.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:04:23 AM by John »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2014, 05:06:12 AM »
I wonder if Mr Malinka owns a burgundy t shirt.

I think the absence of a pot-belly probably rules him out.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
I think the absence of a pot-belly probably rules him out.

I know it is supposed to have been a 0 on the back, but I wonder whether it might in fact have been a 10:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:54:36 PM by John »

Offline Carana

« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2014, 05:01:11 PM »

I thought I'd posted what I'd found somewhere on here a day or two ago.

There is a possible (albeit tenuous) connection concerning an unidentified sofa suite and unidentified haplotypes (which doesn't mean much as numerous people can share the same ones) and a connection concerns sofas (1 2-seater and 2 1-seaters / armchairs) which, for some unexplained reason, were stored in DIC Portimão.

There is nothing in the files that I have found to indicate where on earth they came from, why they were stored there, nor to whom they belonged.

ETA:

X 2 1 Bedroom entrance Ocean(Vgl) and 1 sofa 1-seat; garage(Vgl)
Y 2 1 sofa 1-seat; garage(Vgl) and 1 corridor Ocean(Vg7)
Z 3 1 Residencia Liliana(Vgl)
2 sofa 1-seat garagem(Vgl e Vg3)

Haplotype X - apart. Ocean Club e sofa of 1-seat in the garage in Portimao
Haplotype Y - apart. Ocean Club e sofa of 1-seat in the garage in Portimao
Haplotype Z - Residencia Liliana e sofa of 1-seat in the garage in Portimao

with respect to the sofas that are in the garage of the DIC Portimao:

- 3 labelled envelopes with delivery note no. 420B/2007-CR/L:
Vestigio:
Vg1 - "Sundry head-hair collected from the sofa having one seat"- 7 hairs.
Vg2 - "Sundry head-hair collected from the sofa having two seats"- 2 hairs.
Vg3 - "Sundry head-hair collected from the sofa having one seat" - 2 hairs.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:55:13 PM by John »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2014, 04:15:16 PM »
@Carana
Yes it is difficult to work out where the "sofas that are in the garage of the DIC Portimao" came from.

The only hairs I can find connected with this person's property, are hairs collected from front passenger seat of the A4 on 04 June 2007. See Volume 9 page 2356.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:10:29 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2014, 02:10:20 AM »
Scotland Yard has now revealed that Russian national Sergey Malinka is no longer of any interest to them.  The last time the Met officers were in Portugal, in May this year, they conducted interviews with four people, known as arguidos. One of them, Russian-born Sergey Malinka, has been told he is no longer under suspicion.

But now detectives have been given the go-ahead to question the remaining suspects they believe hold vital information that could help them crack the case.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-return-portugal-4092680

Previously, Robert Murat - who was himself named as an arguido in the case before being cleared of any involvement - said it was "ridiculous" that Mr Malinka had been questioned as a suspect.

Mr Murat had worked with Mr Malinka in 2006 and 2007 setting up a property website.

He told the BBC: "It's absolutely ridiculous. It makes no sense.

"They've talked to him before, in 2007, so why are they talking to him again? He's a good professional and a hard worker. I don't know Sergey that well, but he is a nice lad."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28101400
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:57:07 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline misty

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2014, 02:28:16 AM »
Scotland Yard has now revealed that Russian national Sergey Malinka is no longer of any interest to them.  The last time the Met officers were in Portugal, in May this year, they conducted interviews with four people, known as arguidos. One of them, Russian-born Sergey Malinka, has been told he is no longer under suspicion.

But now detectives have been given the go-ahead to question the remaining suspects they believe hold vital information that could help them crack the case.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-return-portugal-4092680

Previously, Robert Murat - who was himself named as an arguido in the case before being cleared of any involvement - said it was "ridiculous" that Mr Malinka had been questioned as a suspect.

Mr Murat had worked with Mr Malinka in 2006 and 2007 setting up a property website.

He told the BBC: "It's absolutely ridiculous. It makes no sense.

"They've talked to him before, in 2007, so why are they talking to him again? He's a good professional and a hard worker. I don't know Sergey that well, but he is a nice lad."

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28101400

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/madeleine-mccann-investigation-detectives-to-return-to-portugal-in-makeorbreak-moment-9687189.html

British police are believed to be preparing to head back to Portugal as part of renewed investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

A group of detectives from Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange are reportedly set to travel back to the holiday resort of Praia da Luz next month, from where the-then three-year-old Madeleine was taken in 2007.

They are expected to hold meetings with senior Portuguese officers and are understood to have been granted permission to interview up to seven key suspects as well as investigate new areas of interest.

An undisclosed source told the Daily Mirror that the development was a “make-or-break moment” in the seven-year investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

The source said “thousands of pieces of evidence” had been re-examined by the British police team to get to this stage, adding this latest move was “far from a scatter gun approach”.

With a finite budget for the investigation, the informant said detectives were “acutely aware” of the need to get results.
Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, will be informed of any new developments but are not expected to accompany officers.

Mobile phone data has put at least three of the suspects, due for questioning, close to the scene of Madeleine’s disappearance on May 3.

In May investigators travelled to the Algarve region, where the McCanns were staying, to supervise a search of scrublands, though nothing was found.

So far the Met probe into Madeleine has cost UK taxpayers upwards of £6 million.
========================================================================

The Independent hasn't reported that Malinka is no longer of interest - neither has the short report in CdM online. It seems the net is being cast wider, as no mention is made of the other witnesses who were questioned last month being spoken to again.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:39:47 AM by John »

Offline jassi

« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2014, 08:45:04 AM »
So perhaps the phone data hasn't been of much use after all.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »

Perhaps it has..perhaps it hasn't

Offline John

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »

It was quite natural for the mobile phone activity to spike immediately after it was discovered that Madeleine was gone and that those residents in Luz would be picked up by the local antenna. I would have thought it was the pre alert activity that would have been of most interest and certainly if more than one person was involved.