Author Topic: Summers & Swan - A new book - Looking For Madeleine  (Read 256060 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Summers & Swan - A new book - Looking For Madeleine
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 05:32:24 PM »
Absolutely nothing draconian about a law which protects individuals being smeared by having lies printed about them.  Surprised you should think otherwise.

It's draconian if it stops pertinent questions being asked. Surely you can see that.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »
I am of the opinion that proper research will reveal there is material for more than one book covering different aspects of Madeleine's case.

I agree and believe it has the potential to be the Jack the Ripper of the 21st century.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
It's draconian if it stops pertinent questions being asked. Surely you can see that.

what pertinent questions are not being asked.....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
An interesting question for the sceptics to  ponder is whether the authors are "in on it" or  simply lulling the McCanns into a false sense of security.   What other motive could they have for concluding that the parents are innocent, eh?

ferryman

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 05:39:10 PM »
Oh dear me - someone else cashing in on Madeleine.  How dreadful and despicable can people get ?

We're talking about Summers and Swann, not Amaral.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 05:40:44 PM »

Legitimate research consists of asking pertinent questions.  Obviously you have not published any research papers.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
An interesting question for the sceptics to  ponder is whether the authors are "in on it" or  simply lulling the McCanns into a false sense of security.   What other motive could they have for concluding that the parents are innocent, eh?

The fear of litigation if they didn't & money.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2014, 05:42:18 PM »
We're talking about Summers and Swann, not Amaral.

What's the difference ? Both the books will make, or have made, money for their authors that they wouldn't have earned if Madeleine hadn't disappeared.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »
Legitimate research consists of asking pertinent questions.  Obviously you have not published any research papers.

We are not talking about research papers though are we ? We are talking about a book that will be unavoidably shaped by the threat of litigation.

stephen25000

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2014, 05:51:49 PM »
We are not talking about research papers though are we ? We are talking about a book that will be unavoidably shaped by the threat of litigation.

Indeed.

Will it first be be 'reviewed' by Carter Ruck ?

ferryman

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2014, 05:54:59 PM »
What's the difference ? Both the books will make, or have made, money for their authors that they wouldn't have earned if Madeleine hadn't disappeared.

One book will be devoted to arriving at the truth; the other, to promulgate  libel and lies.

stephen25000

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2014, 05:56:23 PM »
One book will be devoted to arriving at the truth; the other, to promulgate  libel and lies.

That is your opinion and far from shared with everyone.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2014, 06:00:45 PM »

that is purely a matter of opinion...it may well be the author is writing what he sincerely believes

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2014, 06:04:26 PM »
Well my dears as I said to Old Mother Shipton only this day past.

Every last book written about the John F Kennedy assassination was the one which was shedding new light into the darkened corners and was the new definitive work; well according to the publishers.

All the books were written by people who make a living writing books and articles; now let's see what will sell?

The amendments to defamation law and its funding enacted in 2013 will have changed attitudes to the alacrity with which some would litigate.

So my lovelies we may learn something new but then again we may not.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »
that is purely a matter of opinion...it may well be the author is writing what he sincerely believes
I find it hard to believe any award winning author with such a great reputation and a reputation of his / her own to protect would spend months and years researching his / her subject and then write a book which completely contradicted his or her conclusions to avoid litigation.