Author Topic: Why do people post on the internet on this case?  (Read 2079 times)

Offline mercury

Why do people post on the internet on this case?
« on: December 05, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
Give the three main reasons

Ok, you can add more than three

In no order, for me

* Puzzle to be solved
* Media driven initially, so general interest as in other general interest subjects
* Puzzle  became a qaugmire so puzzle became biggernd then a cold case
* Constant media attention with more quagmire
* Bunch of crapola on the internet from many quarters coupled with the cold unsolved case
* Dog with a bone after all that

Yours???

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:01:23 AM by John »

Offline lordpookles

Re: Why do people post on the internet on this case?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:57:41 AM »
Everyone loves a mystery and a bit of intrigue? Obviously some posters post for variously different reasons. Case in point the serial podcast is the most downloaded podcast on the internet I believe - may be wrong on that.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »
1) I got cheesed off (to put it mildly) when SY decided the place to find a grave was the middle of Luz.  Despite living in Luz, being aware of the case, having read both books, I really had zero interest until then.  That was a  8()(((@# moment, a game changer.

2) No matter what happens to be said about the case, there is still more information to be squeezed out of it.  There's a lot of questions lying unasked and unanswered to this day.  Seemingly trivial little points, but clarification would move things forward in finding out about what happened to Madeleine.

3) I 'broadcast' on my blog, for the simple reason it is the best way to get one singular viewpoint out.  I post on Miscarriage of Justice to interact with others, for the simple reason that other people with a decent knowledge of the case can expand my understanding.  That has happened numerous times since I joined the forum, so 8((()*/ to all.

Today was just the latest example of this.  Some stuff I had interpreted one way, but my interpretation was wrong.  It has now been corrected, so my path is now onward and upward.
What's up, old man?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 08:32:18 PM »
1) I got cheesed off (to put it mildly) when SY decided the place to find a grave was the middle of Luz.  Despite living in Luz, being aware of the case, having read both books, I really had zero interest until then.  That was a  8()(((@# moment, a game changer.

2) No matter what happens to be said about the case, there is still more information to be squeezed out of it.  There's a lot of questions lying unasked and unanswered to this day.  Seemingly trivial little points, but clarification would move things forward in finding out about what happened to Madeleine.

3) I 'broadcast' on my blog, for the simple reason it is the best way to get one singular viewpoint out.  I post on Miscarriage of Justice to interact with others, for the simple reason that other people with a decent knowledge of the case can expand my understanding.  That has happened numerous times since I joined the forum, so 8((()*/ to all.

Today was just the latest example of this.  Some stuff I had interpreted one way, but my interpretation was wrong.  It has now been corrected, so my path is now onward and upward.
Why are you so angry at the idea that Madeleine's remains may be buried somewhere in Luz?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »
Why are you so angry at the idea that Madeleine's remains may be buried somewhere in Luz?
For all I know Madeleine is buried in Luz.

Given that there are numerous large villas with 8 foot high walls, for all I know, Madeleine is alive and well and living in Luz.

The mound is an integral part of the one way system in Luz.  From the west, ALL traffic gets told to head down 25 de Abril.  From the south (Kelly's, Dolphin, Bull, Fernando's) the way to get North out of the one-way system is to take that stupid looking little road through the middle of the mound.  It looks like a nothing little road.  It's actually a key part of the one-way system.

´Posh' Italian restaurant Amici's (friends) opened in 2007.  The Portuguese place next door opened around the same time.  Both may, or may not, have been open (trading) on 3 May 2007.

It would appear that one Barrington Norton was kipping on the top of the mound that night.

It is nigh-well impossible to dig a Madeleine-sized grave here by hand.  Basically, you need a power tool.  Whether by hand or assisted by an engine, digging a Madeleine-sized grave is long and very loud.

So ... Madeleine went into a grave dug in the heart of Luz ... I would rate as being about a zero out of 10.  Madeline went into some concrete being poured left, right and centre back in the day, quite possible, though I have no evidence whatsoever that this happened.
What's up, old man?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 11:25:29 PM »
For all I know Madeleine is buried in Luz.

Given that there are numerous large villas with 8 foot high walls, for all I know, Madeleine is alive and well and living in Luz.

The mound is an integral part of the one way system in Luz.  From the west, ALL traffic gets told to head down 25 de Abril.  From the south (Kelly's, Dolphin, Bull, Fernando's) the way to get North out of the one-way system is to take that stupid looking little road through the middle of the mound.  It looks like a nothing little road.  It's actually a key part of the one-way system.

´Posh' Italian restaurant Amici's (friends) opened in 2007.  The Portuguese place next door opened around the same time.  Both may, or may not, have been open (trading) on 3 May 2007.

It would appear that one Barrington Norton was kipping on the top of the mound that night.

It is nigh-well impossible to dig a Madeleine-sized grave here by hand.  Basically, you need a power tool.  Whether by hand or assisted by an engine, digging a Madeleine-sized grave is long and very loud.

So ... Madeleine went into a grave dug in the heart of Luz ... I would rate as being about a zero out of 10.  Madeline went into some concrete being poured left, right and centre back in the day, quite possible, though I have no evidence whatsoever that this happened.
I thought the Met were investigating a pre-existing hole, tunnel, or cavity of some description on that mound, correct me if I am wrong...?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 11:34:12 PM »

Please let's not slip Off Topic quite this soon.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »
I thought the Met were investigating a pre-existing hole, tunnel, or cavity of some description on that mound, correct me if I am wrong...?
For all I know you are right.

If you are, that was a truly impressive array of unnecessary brand new shovels and pickaxes that featured in the photos.
What's up, old man?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 11:41:02 PM »
Because a load a silly statement were being made about a group of which I had good knowledge, so I started digging into why it was being posted. Still here.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 01:59:45 PM »
Because a load a silly statement were being made about a group of which I had good knowledge, so I started digging into why it was being posted. Still here.
what group would that be?