Author Topic: Would it have been better if the McCanns had given up on Madeleine years ago?  (Read 14493 times)

Offline Eleanor

What abduction ferryman ?

Keep to the proved facts.

Abduction isn't.

In your opinion.

stephen25000

In your opinion.

No. So pray tell me where is the proof of abduction.

I await your answer.

Offline Eleanor

I await your answer.

I am not obliged to give an answer to your opinion.

Offline mercury

I await your answer.

Nowhere, and if there was, none of us would be here arguing the toss

stephen25000

I am not obliged to give an answer to your opinion.

Since you know as well as I do, there is no proof of abduction.

Offline Mr Gray

What abduction ferryman ?

Keep to the proved facts.

Abduction isn't.

99% of what is posted on here is not proven......shall we all just stick to proven facts now

Offline G-Unit

No,  I don't believe that it was because of the numerous people giving them support.

They had all of that support before the case was shelved,   they could easily have said there was no more that could  be done now that the PJ had shelved the case.

Instead they hired private detectives and petitioned for a review of the case.

it never takes long for the word 'belief' to enter the discussion. You may believe, but a belief isn't knowledge. You don't know who drove the process. It may have been the McCanns it may not. Brian Kennedy was instrumental in the hiring of Private Detectives, he paid part of their fees. it would have been churlish to say 'No thanks, we're going home now'. There was also a fund full of money which had to be justified. They could easily have asked for the PJ to keep on investigating, but they didn't. As I said, they asked for a review, not for a new investigation.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline mercury

The McCann's made it very clear that Smithman was important,  Kate wrote about him in her book too.

They mentioned him "in passing"  a couple of times, and they never gave him the importance  SY did post Crimewatch...you would have to search very very hard to fnd any reference to him on their website or on Facebook  - this is a fact

Meanwhile some anonymous witness could couldn't be bothered to come forward for two years who overheard a conversation in Spain of some woman allegedly talking about a new daughter was given a full blown news conference, purleese

Offline mercury

No,  I don't believe that it was because of the numerous people giving them support.

They had all of that support before the case was shelved,   they could easily have said there was no more that could  be done now that the PJ had shelved the case.

Instead they hired private detectives and petitioned for a review of the case.

Just to be exact they hired private detectives almost a year before the case was shelved and  had foreseen/planned they might do so only two weeks after 3 may

Offline Mr Gray

it never takes long for the word 'belief' to enter the discussion. You may believe, but a belief isn't knowledge. You don't know who drove the process. It may have been the McCanns it may not. Brian Kennedy was instrumental in the hiring of Private Detectives, he paid part of their fees. it would have been churlish to say 'No thanks, we're going home now'. There was also a fund full of money which had to be justified. They could easily have asked for the PJ to keep on investigating, but they didn't. As I said, they asked for a review, not for a new investigation.

they could only ask for a review...a new investigation could only be launched with new evidence...it seems new evidence has been found

Offline slartibartfast

Why has no "sceptic" yet agreed that it would have been far better for everyone if the McCanns had just slinked (slunk?) away under a stone once the initial investigation was shelved?  Surely from all the criticism you "sceptics" have for their nauseating media performances since then, the vast and profligate spending of taxpayers' cash by the government on the review and reinvestigation, the "Barbara Cartland-esque" novel that makes you sick to read etc, the evil bullying lawsuit against the poor wronged ex-cop,  surely you must agree that your lives would have been hugely enhanced if the McCanns had faded away into obscurity and not taken part in any of these repugnant activities over the last 7 years?

Is attacking sceptics the reason for this thread?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

Yup.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Yup.

I thought it was just Alf doing his Shavian bit again.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

Of course, it was made clear from the opening sardonic come inherently dishonest by obvious nature post, surprised it was allowed TBH...

Offline mercury

I thought it was just Alf doing his Shavian bit again.

Need to google shavian