Author Topic: Caught on CCTV. Mohammed Januzi being led away by an abductor.  (Read 13986 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Caught on CCTV. Mohammed Januzi being led away by an abductor.
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2015, 04:48:14 PM »
My post #50. "Provided there are grounds to believe he was in Luz at the appropriate time then the police should ask questions of him".
That's what I said that's what I mean.
As to finding out the movements of an EU citizen in the Schengen Area, where a passport isn't needed, by looking at his passport? Well that is likely to be a fruitless task. Why do you think the press said SY would be asking the Germans to examine his passport ? Maybe he is thought to be involved in a crime over here which would make more sense.
We don't know SY said that

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
My post #50. "Provided there are grounds to believe he was in Luz at the appropriate time then the police should ask questions of him".
That's what I said that's what I mean.
As to finding out the movements of an EU citizen in the Schengen Area, where a passport isn't needed, by looking at his passport? Well that is likely to be a fruitless task. Why do you think the press said SY would be asking the Germans to examine his passport ? Maybe he is thought to be involved in a crime over here which would make more sense.
In order to find grounds to believe he was in Luz at the appropriate time they would need to do some investigating into his movements and whereabouts at the time first, wouldn't they?  So - are the Met right to pursue this possible line of enquiry or should they assume he's not involved and not bother.

And,  if the Met have asked the Germans to examine his passport I guess it's because the Met have no jurisdiction to be examining German citizens' passports.

Offline misty

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2015, 05:30:13 PM »
In order to find grounds to believe he was in Luz at the appropriate time they would need to do some investigating into his movements and whereabouts at the time first, wouldn't they?  So - are the Met right to pursue this possible line of enquiry or should they assume he's not involved and not bother.

And,  if the Met have asked the Germans to examine his passport I guess it's because the Met have no jurisdiction to be examining German citizens' passports.

Furthermore, they have to check that the name on his passport is the name that he is known by.
We have already highlighted the case of Roderick Robinson/MacDonald/Whatever & his freedom of movement between the UK, Europe, Australia & Asia.

Offline jassi

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2015, 05:50:41 PM »
Pretty difficult to prove where he was unless someone can testify to his whereabouts in May 07
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2015, 06:54:00 PM »
Pretty difficult to prove where he was unless someone can testify to his whereabouts in May 07
I should think there are other ways - social media trail, phone records, bank withdrawals, etc.

Offline jassi

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2015, 07:02:13 PM »
I should think there are other ways - social media trail, phone records, bank withdrawals, etc.

True if these things were used. Any idea how long back these sorts of records are kept ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2015, 07:04:10 PM »
True if these things were used. Any idea how long back these sorts of records are kept ?
Well, let's say he had a Facebook page and posted a picture of himself sat at a bar in Portugal in 2007 - that would still be there, unless he had had the presence of mind to delete it.  Phone records I don't know, but bank records should still be accessible.

Offline jassi

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2015, 07:08:59 PM »
Well, let's say he had a Facebook page and posted a picture of himself sat at a bar in Portugal in 2007 - that would still be there, unless he had had the presence of mind to delete it.  Phone records I don't know, but bank records should still be accessible.

I guess that would appear conclusive, as would one of him elsewhere at that time.  Although I believe it has been found possible to change the dates on these sites, so might not be too reliable.

Or maybe not -

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2015, 07:10:34 PM »
I guess that would appear conclusive, as would one of him elsewhere at that time.  Although I believe it has been found possible to change the dates on these sites, so might not be too reliable.
No, I don't think it is possible, it would be far simpler to delete the picture altogether.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2015, 07:13:21 PM »
Phone records is good, always assuming they know what his phone number was 8.5 years ago.  Not from the phone company records (long gone), but from the phone traffic in OG possession.  Just as long as they know his number.  Can anyone remember their mobile number from 8.5 years ago?  Or how about a simpler question.  How many times have you changes your phone number in that period?

Bank records, dunno.  UK banks are required by the Data Protection Act to delete data in a timely manner, and 8.5 years exceeds that.  I worked in one and going back 3 years was a no-no.  (And I am aware the tax authorities can challenge returns up to 7 years old.)

Would Germany have kept bank withdrawals for 8.5 years?  I am inclined to think not, though I cannot support that with evidence.
What's up, old man?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2015, 07:17:39 PM »
Phone records is good, always assuming they know what his phone number was 8.5 years ago.  Not from the phone company records (long gone), but from the phone traffic in OG possession.  Just as long as they know his number.  Can anyone remember their mobile number from 8.5 years ago?  Or how about a simpler question.  How many times have you changes your phone number in that period?

Bank records, dunno.  UK banks are required by the Data Protection Act to delete data in a timely manner, and 8.5 years exceeds that.  I worked in one and going back 3 years was a no-no.  (And I am aware the tax authorities can challenge returns up to 7 years old.)

Would Germany have kept bank withdrawals for 8.5 years?  I am inclined to think not, though I cannot support that with evidence.
According to this consumer forum thread, some banks have statement records going back to the early 90s when computerisation was introduced.
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?32853-How-long-does-your-bank-keep-statements

Offline misty

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2015, 07:22:41 PM »
According to this consumer forum thread, some banks have statement records going back to the early 90s when computerisation was introduced.
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?32853-How-long-does-your-bank-keep-statements

I do personal online banking & have just easily accessed my 2007 statements.

Offline mercury

Re: Caught on CCTV. Mohammed Januzi being led away by an abducto
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2015, 07:50:34 PM »
Is it a common thing for paedophiles to change their gender preference??

If not, then I would hazard a guess this creature is not high on the police radar in this case though not totally of no interest

Do police follow the activities of any known or unknown/to be found offender in the thousands? Just because of a single factor? I doubt it very much. They narrow it down. So what is the red flag here? And why?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2015, 07:52:59 PM »
Ian Brady raped and killed boys and girls, I believe. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »

You are getting there slowly. Now in a zone where a passport is not required to travel what useful travel information will be obtained looking at a passport ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey