Author Topic: Why was Tannerman going the wrong way?  (Read 102261 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Why was Tannerman going the wrong way?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 09:00:36 AM »
Jane Tanner's sighting appears to have been ignored by the initial investigation.

Martin Smith's sighting appears to have been ignored until his totally erroneous revelation moment.

Is this an example of disregarding what evidence there was to follow the theory preferred by Mr Amaral?

Tanner's sighting was disregarded by the McCanns own PIs and now SY. For me the PJ were spot on when ruling it out.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 09:18:57 AM »
Tanner's sighting was disregarded by the McCanns own PIs and now SY. For me the PJ were spot on when ruling it out.
What were their reasons for ruling it out?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 09:38:39 AM »
What were their reasons for ruling it out?

That she wasn't a credible witness. A view on which the McCanns own PI's concurred.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 09:53:39 AM »
That she wasn't a credible witness. A view on which the McCanns own PI's concurred.
And yet she was thoroughly vindicated by the Met.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 09:57:39 AM »
And yet she was thoroughly vindicated by the Met.

Or was it simply a pragmatic move ?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 10:00:10 AM »
Or was it simply a pragmatic move ?
That's your biased interpretation for which you have no evidence only blind belief.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »
That's your biased interpretation for which you have no evidence only blind belief.

Shall we wait and see Alfie ?

stephen25000

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 11:22:36 AM »

What is yours other than blind belief in the mccanns.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 11:32:28 AM »
why is there no record of this man in the files then?

How do you know there isn't/ Have you read them all?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Lace

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 11:34:16 AM »
Did no-one think to check out the night crèche register ... elementary my dear Watson ...

That is the first thing I thought when Andy Redwood said that Jane's man had come forward.

Amaral knew Jane had seen a man carrying a child,   he would have had the list of parents whose children would have been at the crèche that night,  so why didn't he check the list with the parents?   he could then have found the man carrying the child at the start.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 11:39:53 AM »
Shall we wait and see Alfie ?
I'm happy to, but you are intent on reading between the lines and discussing it on an internet forum, so all the while you continue to do so, I will challenge your assumpitons.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »
How do you know there isn't/ Have you read them all?
If the  PJ had found and eliminated the man from their enquiries then why didn't they say so at the time, seeing as Tannerman was a key suspect? &%+((£  C'mon Alice, think -  'your side' doesn't even believe he exists, so how could he have been in the PJ Files, eh?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2015, 11:48:17 AM »
If the  PJ had found and eliminated the man from their enquiries then why didn't they say so at the time, seeing as Tannerman was a key suspect? &%+((£  C'mon Alice, think -  'your side' doesn't even believe he exists, so how could he have been in the PJ Files, eh?

I take that as a "I haven't read all the files so I don't really know".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »
I take that as a "I haven't read all the files so I don't really know".
I don't need to have read all the files to work that one out Alice.  Use your noodle.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »
That is the first thing I thought when Andy Redwood said that Jane's man had come forward.

Amaral knew Jane had seen a man carrying a child,   he would have had the list of parents whose children would have been at the crèche that night,  so why didn't he check the list with the parents?   he could then have found the man carrying the child at the start.
Without knowing the identity of the man we are somewhat into speculation.

The main arrival and departure dates were Thursday and Saturday.

A Thursday arrival with the child in the crèche the same night is possible, but unlikely.

That suggests, but does not prove, that Crècheman arrived the same day the McCanns did, and flew out on Saturday 5 May 2007.

A look at the records shows no systematic check on holiday-makers - the focus was on staff.

So, if the PJ ever got the crèche records, what they had was 8 families, 11 children, and Tannerman walking in a direction that fitted none of these. (Since it did not fit with the crèche.)  Most likely, all 8 families were out of the country by this time.

They were up to their necks in checks on locals, the gardener, the busker, the OC staff.  I cannot see why they should have prioritised Tannerman, in these circumstances.  By the time the initial storm blew over, Smithman had arrived, in a place that had nothing to do with the crèche.

The question is how did SY gets its hands on crèche records that were 6 years old?
What's up, old man?