Author Topic: The childcare arrangements or lack of them reviewed.  (Read 106539 times)

Offline John

Re: The childcare arrangements or lack of them reviewed.
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 12:04:18 AM »
Apparently most  burglaries were durng the day when hoidaymakers were out...still you dnt leave your three  toddlers alone in an unlocked apartment do you?

Or lie about it as kate mccann lied

You don't leave them alone regardless.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline mercury

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 12:10:07 AM »
You don't leave them alone regardless.
Most protective sane parents wouldnt

Offline misty

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 03:04:01 AM »
Most protective sane parents wouldnt

Do you know how many protective sane parents have lost their babies to cot bumper deaths?
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/11/24/more-infant-deaths-blamed-on-crib-bumpers.html

Are the parents & authorities who condone the continued use of bumpers more or less negligent than the McCanns & their form of childcare?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 07:17:59 AM »
Do you know how many protective sane parents have lost their babies to cot bumper deaths?
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/11/24/more-infant-deaths-blamed-on-crib-bumpers.html

Are the parents & authorities who condone the continued use of bumpers more or less negligent than the McCanns & their form of childcare?

There's no negligence involved in buying a cot bumper. A parent expects such things to be tested and to be safe. We all know it's dangerous to leave small children home alone. Deciding to do so is negligent, even if nothing happens to the children.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »
There's no negligence involved in buying a cot bumper. A parent expects such things to be tested and to be safe. We all know it's dangerous to leave small children home alone. Deciding to do so is negligent, even if nothing happens to the children.

in your opinion

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2015, 09:09:00 AM »
in your opinion

My correct opinion. Things that could happen when leaving three children under 5 alone.

1. Hysterical crying.
2. Sickness.
3. Getting out of bed and going into other rooms.
4. Finding dangerous substances in the kitchen such as cleaning products, knives.
5. Turning taps on in bathroom.
6. Finding and taking medicines.
7. Fire.
8. Messing with electric plugs.
9. Climbing and falling.
10. Tripping and hurting themselves.

None of which seems to have occurred to these parents.

Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 09:17:10 AM »
My correct opinion. Things that could happen when leaving three children under 5 alone.

1. Hysterical crying.
2. Sickness.
4. Finding dangerous substances in the kitchen such as cleaning products, knives.
7. Fire.
9. Climbing and falling.

....but they did exhibit 'responsible parenting skills'. &%&£(+ &%&£(+ &%&£(+

Offline mercury

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 09:19:36 AM »

Irrelevant

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »

Offline Benice

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »

1. Hysterical crying.
2. Sickness.
7. Fire.
9. Climbing and falling.

Apparently neither did any of  the above occur to any of those thousands and thousands of other parents who - when on holiday - decided to leave their children alone and asleep and go to dinner - knowing they were being regularly checked.   Not to mention those parents who rely on  baby alarms as childminders and so don't physically check at all.

It seems to me that when it comes to the McCanns - then some sceptics have decided that 100% 'perfect' parenting is the only standard of care that they will accept from them.      That's a very tall order considering there is no such thing as a perfect parent or a perfect human being.

If parents listed all the things which could go wrong regarding their children's safety re whatever it was they had decided to do during the day   - they would never leave their sides 24/7  - and they certainly would never put them in a car.

The never-ending attempts by some to single out the McCanns from the rest of us - and constantly berrate them for not being perfect parents or perfect human beings is both illogical and irrational IMO.

No different IMO  to blaming a parent if the child they were transporting in their car was killed by the actions of some drunken driver crashing into them.    We all know that hundreds of children are killed in cars every year - but that doesn't stop us using them to transport our own children - even at times when it would be just as easy to walk.     Does that make us irresponsible or neglectful parents?  Of course it doesn't.

Parents get it wrong all the time -  it's called 'being human'.    Fortunately the great majority of mistakes made don't end up in tragedy - but some do and that's how it will continue.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »
Apparently neither did any of  the above occur to any of those thousands and thousands of other parents who - when on holiday - decided to leave their children alone and asleep and go to dinner - knowing they were being regularly checked.   Not to mention those parents who rely on  baby alarms as childminders and so don't physically check at all.

It seems to me that when it comes to the McCanns - then some sceptics have decided that 100% 'perfect' parenting is the only standard of care that they will accept from them.      That's a very tall order considering there is no such thing as a perfect parent or a perfect human being.

If parents listed all the things which could go wrong regarding their children's safety re whatever it was they had decided to do during the day   - they would never leave their sides 24/7  - and they certainly would never put them in a car.

The never-ending attempts by some to single out the McCanns from the rest of us - and constantly berrate them for not being perfect parents or perfect human beings is both illogical and irrational IMO.

No different IMO  to blaming a parent if the child they were transporting in their car was killed by the actions of some drunken driver crashing into them.    We all know that hundreds of children are killed in cars every year - but that doesn't stop us using them to transport our own children - even at times when it would be just as easy to walk.     Does that make us irresponsible or neglectful parents?  Of course it doesn't.

Parents get it wrong all the time -  it's called 'being human'.    Fortunately the great majority of mistakes made don't end up in tragedy - but some do and that's how it will continue.

....and what about the millions and millions of parents, who would have never done what the mccanns did ?

Do they get a look in ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2015, 10:39:03 AM »

The car comparison was one of Kate McCann's excuses wasn't it? All parents take risks and make mistakes; as you say, they're only human. Some, like the McCanns, take risks that are so lacking in sense the mind boggles. Leaving children asleep in a hotel room and using a listening service is one thing. Not even wondering why a listening service isn't on offer is something else.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Benice

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2015, 11:50:45 AM »
The car comparison was one of Kate McCann's excuses wasn't it? All parents take risks and make mistakes; as you say, they're only human. Some, like the McCanns, take risks that are so lacking in sense the mind boggles. Leaving children asleep in a hotel room and using a listening service is one thing. Not even wondering why a listening service isn't on offer is something else.

I would automatically think it was because it was impractical because of the layout of the site  - or because there were not enough members of staff to be able to offer the service etc.   Having no 'listening service' on offer certainly would not make me think there was some sinister reason for it  - and that I'd better go and find out what it was.  Once again IMO you are allowing hindsight to colour your views.

As a matter of interest was a reason ever offered by MW  - before the holiday as to why they did not offer this service at this particular complex?

Could you explain why the McCanns alone have been singled out for such vicious condemnation for doing what thousands of other parents have done before them on holiday.    Why do you think the listening service is still on offer  - anywhere?    The only reason I can think of is because there is still a demand for it by parents - even though they are fully aware of what happened to Madeleine.     If anyone deserved criticism for ' lacking in sense to a mind boggling degree' -  then it's those parents IMO.       And yet to hear sceptics talk  - it is as if none of those other parents even exist let alone deserve criticism - only the McCanns.    As I said - illogical and irrational IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2015, 11:56:51 AM »

Baby Alarms are a red herring, I don't believe there is a consensus that vilifies them in the same way as occasional checks.

You need to provide some evidence to your claim that none of the list applied to any of those thousands and thousands of other parents who - when on holiday - decided to leave their children alone and asleep and go to dinner.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2015, 12:19:59 PM »
I would automatically think it was because it was impractical because of the layout of the site  - or because there were not enough members of staff to be able to offer the service etc.   Having no 'listening service' on offer certainly would not make me think there was some sinister reason for it  - and that I'd better go and find out what it was.  Once again IMO you are allowing hindsight to colour your views.

As a matter of interest was a reason ever offered by MW  - before the holiday as to why they did not offer this service at this particular complex?

Could you explain why the McCanns alone have been singled out for such vicious condemnation for doing what thousands of other parents have done before them on holiday.    Why do you think the listening service is still on offer  - anywhere?    The only reason I can think of is because there is still a demand for it by parents - even though they are fully aware of what happened to Madeleine.     If anyone deserved criticism for ' lacking in sense to a mind boggling degree' -  then it's those parents IMO.       And yet to hear sceptics talk  - it is as if none of those other parents even exist let alone deserve criticism - only the McCanns.    As I said - illogical and irrational IMO.

I know nothing about listening services, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are 'at your own risk' as the children are clearly unsupervised. The McCanns made a bad decision whichever way you spin it.
Result = happy posting.