Author Topic: Did events have an adverse affect on the McCann's careers?  (Read 23517 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Did events have an adverse affect on the McCann's careers?
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
If Smithman is our phantom stranger abductor, why should time be tight? He was well away from the immediate search area when the alarm was raised.

Just to avoid any confusion, Madeleine's father was sitting at the table in the tapas restaurant when the alarm was raised.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2015, 12:06:53 PM »
Just to avoid any confusion, Madeleine's father was sitting at the table in the tapas restaurant when the alarm was raised.

Have I said otherwise?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2015, 12:14:12 PM »

At some time between 9.30pm and 10.10pm......
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2015, 12:37:45 PM »
Whatever one thinks or feels is their own business, honesty and freedom of expression and thought is never a crime, many have died defending it, probably some of the usual suspects fathers or grandfathers, or a right to be trampled on, what is bizarre is people demanding sympathy,emoaghy and respect....and if its not forthcoming you are another bogey man....its controlfreakery and people who demand it have the brass neck to criticise organisations like ISIL...maybe a shopping trip to the nearest glaziers might not go amiss

@)(++(*

you have difficulty in remembering what you have posted....you posted "freedom of expression is never a crime"...
well it certainly can be...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2015, 12:45:15 PM »
Have I said otherwise?

Did I say you had?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2015, 01:23:14 PM »

Are you that elusive independent witness then Brietta ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Benice

« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2015, 04:30:07 PM »
Are you that elusive independent witness then Brietta ?

Do you think everyone at the table was deliberately lying then Faith  - including senior citizen Diane Webster?   

Do you really think Fiona would actually encourage her own mother, the grandmother of her children to become an accessory to a heinous crime and perjure herself to the police - knowing she could end up being arrested in a foreign country - with her husband left on his own back in the UK.      IIRC it was DW who told the police that when Kate shouted that Madeleine had gone - it was  Gerry who said 'No she can't have' (or words to that effect).

Sorry that makes no sense to me.    No daughter would allow their own mother to put themselves at such enormous risk by lying for anyone at all - let alone people her mum hardly knew. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »
Do you think everyone at the table was deliberately lying then Faith  - including senior citizen Diane Webster?   

Do you really think Fiona would actually encourage her own mother, the grandmother of her children to become an accessory to a heinous crime and perjure herself to the police - knowing she could end up being arrested in a foreign country - with her husband left on his own back in the UK.      IIRC it was DW who told the police that when Kate shouted that Madeleine had gone - it was  Gerry who said 'No she can't have' (or words to that effect).

Sorry that makes no sense to me.    No daughter would allow their own mother to put themselves at such enormous risk by lying for anyone at all - let alone people her mum hardly knew.
Faithlilly has already stated that she rejects the idea of a conspiracy involving the whole Tapas group, but perhaps she has now changed her mind.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2015, 05:22:30 PM »

No I don't Benice. I believe that everyone was truthful when they reported Gerry being at the table at the time of the alarm. Unfortunately they were not asked specifically about the time of the Smith sighting.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
No I don't Benice. I believe that everyone was truthful when they reported Gerry being at the table at the time of the alarm. Unfortunately they were not asked specifically about the time of the Smith sighting.
why would the people in the Tapas group be asked about the time of the Smith sighting - they weren't there fgs!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2015, 05:39:41 PM »
why would the people in the Tapas group be asked about the time of the Smith sighting - they weren't there fgs!

No-one knew about the Smith sighting until a fortnight after the event.  Wonder how that would have played out if Jane Tanner had suddenly remembered seeing Tannerman at that remove.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2015, 05:51:31 PM »

And that is why we will probably never know whether Gerry really was at the tapas table at the time of the Smith sighting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »
And that is why we will probably never know whether Gerry really was at the tapas table at the time of the Smith sighting.
We do know thanks to the fact that the Tapas group all agreed the alarm was raised around 10, the same time as the Smith sighting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2015, 06:05:20 PM »
Also, this:

Quote from: Alfred R Jones on September 27, 2015, 02:46:04 PM
So, based on Rob and the Tapas Restaurant staff testimonies the alarm can't have been raised any later than 10pm right?
Pathfinder: No way - he only had a couple of bites of his steak when Kate came running.

"He was about to serve the respective plate he was told to hold the food back for a few minutes, and that it was about 15 minutes before the guest (Russell) returned, at about 21.45. Dinner would end at about 21.45, a few minutes later the witness looked at the table and saw that there was nobody there and one of his colleagues told them that all the guests had left the table in a hurry. In any case, he remembers having heard shouts from the direction of Madeleine's parents' apartment."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RICARDO-A-D-L-OLIVEIRA.htm

ferryman

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2015, 06:19:59 PM »
you have difficulty in remembering what you have posted....you posted "freedom of expression is never a crime"...
well it certainly can be...

Hmmmm!

I guess we need to tie down our definition of freedom.

People are free to express whatever views come without legal sanction (civil or criminal).

In Portugal, opinions, proven untrue (Portuguese civil libel law) that traduce reputation or lower standing violate their laws.

Amaral said Eddie "sniffed cadaver scent" all over the place, when neither Harrison nor Grime said the same (and, indeed, Harrison expressly said no incriminating inference could be drawn from the reactions of the dogs). 

Amaral said Madeleine fell off a sofa after being overdosed with calpol and died.  There is not a shred of evidence to support that canard.

Amaral accused the McCanns of launching a fraudulent fund in their (dead) daughter's name, and the Madeleine accounts are in apple-pie order.

Amaral accused the McCanns of hiding the body of their (dead!) daughter.  There is not a shred of evidence to support the contention. 

People are not free to disseminate falsehoods (at most charitable); lies (at worst); neither by the Portuguese constitution, nor by Portuguese libel laws

So that is all highly likely to be why Amaral has lost the libel trial.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:23:54 PM by ferryman »