Author Topic: Were the Gaspar statements nothing more than a red herring?  (Read 31961 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Were the Gaspar statements nothing more than a red herring?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 11:59:37 PM »
Data protection act? Altered from original statements? Unhappy that their confidential statements had found their way into the media?

With the release of the files the statements were in the public domain anyway. The newspaper article was published in Spain so I very much doubt our data protection laws would cover it and the Gaspars had signed the statements as a true record of their evidence and, according to the Alfred R Jones Reactive Retraction Law 2015, if they didn't try to publicly retract their statements then they must be true.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 12:22:02 AM »
With the release of the files the statements were in the public domain anyway. The newspaper article was published in Spain so I very much doubt our data protection laws would cover it and the Gaspars had signed the statements as a true record of their evidence and, according to the Alfred R Jones Reactive Retraction Law 2015, if they didn't try to publicly retract their statements then they must be true.

I have been "reliably" informed that any statements made to police in the UK, which were not at the behest of the PJ, do not form part of the PJ files made available for release (think of Balu, Sperrey, Carpenter, Tranmer, Jenson, Wilshire, etc). The files appear to show a Portuguese translation then retranslated back into English, hence no original signed copy.
Were those statements released with the original Levy DVD?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:35:35 AM by misty »

Offline faithlilly

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:08:16 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:31:57 PM by John »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 07:58:40 AM »
Don't be absurd.  The law you refer to is entirely yours, I think you cited it only the other day in relation to Pamela Fenn.  Funny how it only applies in certain circumstances and you don't like it when it's used to counter your arguments. @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2015, 09:10:44 AM »
If I could read Dr Gaspar's original statement in english then I would comment...so do you think Gerry discussed the abuse of Maddie openly for all to hear
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:05:11 PM by John »

stephen25000

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 09:15:14 AM »
If I could read Dr Gaspar's original statement in english then I would comment...so do you think Gerry discussed the abuse of Maddie openly for all to hear

Then read her statements.

Mrs. Gasper, who had no axe to grind, observed the behaviour of  the two men.

So dave, you tell me, what they were discussing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:05:33 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 09:17:11 AM »

Then read her statements.

Mrs. Gasper, who had no axe to grind, observed the behaviour of  the two men.

So dave, you tell me, what they were discussing.

where is her original statement made in English...why has it not been made available..I'm 100% sure they were not discussing the abuse of maddie...I have asked YOU 3 times...what do you think

stephen25000

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 09:24:15 AM »
where is her original statement made in English...why has it not been made available..I'm 100% sure they were not discussing the abuse of maddie...I have asked YOU 3 times...what do you think

It has already been made available on the internet, I believe on the mccannfiles.com.

Mrs Gasper, i repeat, had no axe to grind.

She made the statement in good faith.

You brought up this matter this morning.

So what were these two men discussing ?

it seems a very sore point with you.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 09:27:41 AM »

It has already been made available on the internet, I believe on the mccannfiles.com.

Mrs Gasper, i repeat, had no axe to grind.

She made the statement in good faith.

You brought up this matter this morning.

So what were these two men discussing ?

it seems a very sore point with you.

seems you cannot answer a simple question....I have never seen the original ...it is not available anywhere...stick to the truth... I didn't bring it up...faith did..stick to the facts...

I'm not in the slightest concerned about it.....

stephen25000

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »
seems you cannot answer a simple question....I have never seen the original ...it is not available anywhere...stick to the truth... I didn't bring it up...faith did..stick to the facts...

I'm not in the slightest concerned about it.....

You are.

The statements posted on the mccannfiles.com have not been rescinded and are there for public viewing.

So why should they be doubted.

How come any statement it seems made by any party which casts doubt on them, is always questioned as to it's authenticity by the mccann supporters and the mccanns themselves.

The Gaspers appear to be honourable people, and thanks to you dave, I have re-read their statements this morning.

ferryman

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:34 AM »
I have been "reliably" informed that any statements made to police in the UK, which were not at the behest of the PJ, do not form part of the PJ files made available for release (think of Balu, Sperrey, Carpenter, Tranmer, Jenson, Wilshire, etc). The files appear to show a Portuguese translation then retranslated back into English, hence no original signed copy.
Were those statements released with the original Levy DVD?

A whole raft of stuff released was patently at odds with the wishes of the UK wishes and procedures and protocols, generally, for releasing information about a criminal investigation into the public domain.

Read this:

ETA: second section down marked by the dark blue band.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LAWYERS_UK_POLICE.htm

Somewhere, Leicestershire police (as the lead English force in the investigation) wrote up a rota of what information should be released into the public domain and when.

That document was completely was completely ignored.

And the objection that the Portuguese police were the lead force (whilst true) doesn't wash, because the (combined) condition of  English participation in the investigation was that English procedures and protocols for undertaking an investigation should be adhered to.

In the way information was released, that was just trampled over roughshod ....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:49:12 AM by ferryman »

stephen25000

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2015, 09:37:37 AM »
A whole raft of stuff released was patently at odds with the wishes of the UK wishes and procedures and protocols, generally, for releasing information about a criminal investigation into the public domain.

Read this:

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LAWYERS_UK_POLICE.htm

So who reliably informed misty ? 8)-)))

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2015, 09:44:30 AM »
You are.

The statements posted on the mccannfiles.com have not been rescinded and are there for public viewing.

So why should they be doubted.

How come any statement it seems made by any party which casts doubt on them, is always questioned as to it's authenticity by the mccann supporters and the mccanns themselves.

The Gaspers appear to be honourable people, and thanks to you dave, I have re-read their statements this morning.

this is how deluded you are...you have not read their statements...you have never read their statements.....

you can read the online letters as much as you like...makes no difference...their is just so much in the supposed statements that makes no sense whatsoever...that's why I question them

stephen25000

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »
this is how deluded you are...you have not read their statements...you have never read their statements.....

you can read the online letters as much as you like...makes no difference...their is just so much in the supposed statements that makes no sense whatsoever...that's why I question them

How do you know these are not their statements ?

It is you who is clearly deluded and worried by these statements.

.....and what precisely makes no sense in those statements ?