Author Topic: Does Amaral enjoy massive support for his appeal both here and in his own country?  (Read 9114 times)

stephen25000

it was until YOU introduced abduction ...at 10.12

Yet you introduced the dogs again.

You are trying to have your cake and eat it.

Offline Mr Gray

Yet you introduced the dogs again.

You are trying to have your cake and eat it.

amaral promoted false claims for the dogs ...gullible people believed him... that's where his support comes from

stephen25000

amaral promoted false claims for the dogs ...gullible people believed him... that's where his support comes from

The claims as regards the dogs have not been proved or disproved by forensic results.#

You seem to omit as usual, people can make up their own minds as regards the case, without referral to Amaral.

Offline Mr Gray

The claims as regards the dogs have not been proved or disproved by forensic results.#

You seem to omit as usual, people can make up their own minds as regards the case, without referral to Amaral.

amaral claimed the dogs proved Maddie died in the apartment...he was lying

ferryman

Or (at most charitable) incompetent.

But his appeal (verb, not adjective!) I now understand is against the notion that he breached his duties of confidentiality to keep his mouth shut about an investigation he coordinated.

When the evidence that he did (breach his duties of confidentiality) is overwhelming (it is!) what could be the basis of support for an appeal against an irrefutable case?

Offline faithlilly

I have given your question its own thread Alfred. 

I could be wrong in this and stand to be corrected by our members resident in Portugal but I cannot see the Portuguese at large being in the least interested in Mr Amaral and his troubles.  The Portuguese police had quite a reputation in years gone by and most people have long memories. Interest is probably limited to the Algarve region but guaging support for Amaral in Portugal is probably an impossible task. I could be completely wrong though, please discuss.

Curiously, he certainly enjoys support in the UK but I have a feeling it is more to do with being anti McCann than support for Amaral himself.  I think if you took the McCann name out of the equation Amaral would effectively be a non entity.  I could be completely wrong though so open this up to other views.

I think at this point we should differentiate between supporting Amaral per se and simply believing his constant smearing both in the UK press and on supporter forums is unfair and unwarranted.

I, like John, believe that most Portuguese people neither think nor care about Amaral and his troubles ( would we be up in arms if a member of SY was facing what Amaral has, probably not ). I think, on the whole the police are seen as a necessary evil in what ever country we look at and Portugal, I suspect, is no different.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

What was the court judgement as to whether Amaral lied or not ?

Offline Mr Gray

Or (at most charitable) incompetent.

But his appeal (verb, not adjective!) I now understand is against the notion that he breached his duties of confidentiality to keep his mouth shut about an investigation he coordinated.

When the evidence that he did (breach his duties of confidentiality) is overwhelming (it is!) what could be the basis of support for an appeal against an irrefutable case?

where did you get this information re the appeal

Offline Mr Gray

what are you talking about...the court made no judgement re lying

Offline xtina

well considering every thing is known about G.A. ....i think you will find he has a lot more support than the mccs here ....[below from the other thread]

IMO to this ...at least the support G.A. receives is 100% genuine...as at times he is the voice of the non supporters of the mccs ....and also he has no place to hide ..every skeleton is out in the domain warts and all yet he has a massive following ...this speaks for itself in volumes

the mccs have it all there own way ...just one of the examples

mccs its called..... inconsistencies .....Goncalo its called .....lies

means the same thing thought at the end of the day
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Admin

Please keep comments in context.

Admin

Offline Alice Purjorick

Here's a question - does Amaral enjoy massive support for his appeal both here and in his own country?  If so, please provide the evidence.
Given by "massive support" you mean an exceptionally large supporter base, I doubt he has that level of support.
Outside a few thousand anoraks who study the case, who knows of him to the point they have a continuing interest? Then how many of the general public really care when a cop finds himself in hot water?
For example how many of the offences in the link below were you aware of and post about on that tinternet every day ?

https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/sites/default/files/Documents/FOI/standards_quality/Jan_22_police_sex_offences.pdf

It's the McCann name and it's ability to create divisiveness wot does it.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

Stephen - [ moderated ] the court actually made no judgement.

I draw your attention in particular to paragraph three as follows:

3. The complainant said that it was inaccurate to report that Mr Amaral had “lied”, as the court had not made any judgment on the truth of the detective's claims, and had merely focused on whether or not the detective's right to freedom of expression outweighed the McCanns’ right to reputation.

and here is the cite. 

https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/rulings/resolution-statements/detail.html?id=57

Perhaps an apology to davel? 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:49:47 PM by Admin »

ferryman

where did you get this information re the appeal

Fair question.

I assume the information we have been given that he has been given leave to appeal, and is being considered, is accurate.

No more than an assumption ...

Alfred R Jones

I think at this point we should differentiate between supporting Amaral per se and simply believing his constant smearing both in the UK press and on supporter forums is unfair and unwarranted.

I, like John, believe that most Portuguese people neither think nor care about Amaral and his troubles ( would we be up in arms if a member of SY was facing what Amaral has, probably not ). I think, on the whole the police are seen as a necessary evil in what ever country we look at and Portugal, I suspect, is no different.
You think the police are evil now?!  So that's doctors, police, anyone else we can add to your list of dodgy professions?  Estate agents?  teachers?  Bin men?