Author Topic: A Question of Propaganda.  (Read 206863 times)

Offline faithlilly

A Question of Propaganda.
« on: December 14, 2015, 12:28:29 PM »
It has been suggested on another thread that sceptics are mere victims of propaganda directed at the McCanns. While I accept that towards the end of 2007 and early in 2008 there were many scurrilous articles written about the couple, with their success in suing of the Express the scales were well and truly rebalanced and it would be a foolish editor who would now publish anything that was less than supportive towards the McCanns.

My question is this, if a propaganda campaign is being waged against the McCanns how is it being achieved ? How is, we are told, a small minority of individuals able to convince the numbers who are joining groups on social media and posting comments on newspaper comment sections that the McCanns are involved in their daughter's disappearance ? With the full might of the British of the British media on their side and the McCanns innocence, we are told, self-evident how are a tawdry, dissatisfied band of miscontents ( we are lead to believe ) holding such sway over the British public ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

Re: A Question of Propaganda.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »
It has been suggested on another thread that sceptics are mere victims of propaganda directed at the McCanns. While I accept that towards the end of 2007 and early in 2008 there were many scurrilous articles written about the couple, with their success in suing of the Express the scales were well and truly rebalanced and it would be a foolish editor who would now publish anything that was less than supportive towards the McCanns.

My question is this, if a propaganda campaign is being waged against the McCanns how is it being achieved ? How is, we are told, a small minority of individuals able to convince the numbers who are joining groups on social media and posting comments on newspaper comment sections that the McCanns are involved in their daughter's disappearance ? With the full might of the British of the British media on their side and the McCanns innocence, we are told, self-evident how are a tawdry, dissatisfied band of miscontents ( we are lead to believe ) holding such sway over the British public ?

Excellent post. 8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

Offline xtina

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
my input on this ...hoping i have the right end of your excellent post is

why did they need to spend thousands and thousands and still are on top of the range lawyers...

why did they have there own pr spokes man who are designed to white wash and cover up with propaganda

like the majority of the press stories on the mccs ...have at the botton ...no comments available on this story ...yet you can comment on every other

like your radio stations when featuring a programme[phone in] on the mccs ...never ring you back for comment if you are against the mccs ....and that is only a tip in the ocean about what really goes on ...
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

ferryman

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »

I actually think it's a good question and I don't think they are.

I think that the miscontents (unquestionably accurately labelled) are confined to their own sphere of influence.

I don't think their poison and bile permeates much more widely.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 02:44:46 PM »

The "Sceptic" community's influence on the GP is negligible.  Most people imo neither give a toss about the McCanns nor the weirdos that support and slag them off on the internet.

stephen25000

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »
The "Sceptic" community's influence on the GP is negligible.  Most people imo neither give a toss about the McCanns nor the weirdos that support and slag them off on the internet.

Don't forget the weirdos in the McCann supporters.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 02:48:35 PM »
Don't forget the weirdos in the McCann supporters.
Re-read my post Stephen. 8((()*/

stephen25000

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 04:23:02 PM »
I actually think it's a good question and I don't think they are.

I think that the miscontents (unquestionably accurately labelled) are confined to their own sphere of influence.

I don't think their poison and bile permeates much more widely.

Could you please explain what you mean by 'own sphere of influence' FM?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 07:58:33 PM »
Firstly, what is propaganda? From my understanding of it it's an attempt to persuade others to believe something. It is spread by different methods; public relations techniques and biased newspaper reports, for example.

Propaganda uses ad hominem attacks instead of valid arguments; ad nauseam repeating of the 'message' in the hope that if you say it often enough it'll be accepted; appeals to authority by citing prominent figures to support an idea or argument; appeals to prejudice by using loaded or emotive terms to attach value or moral goodness to believing the proposition.

Although some sceptics use some of the above techniques on twitter, the ones using them in the media are Team McCann via their PR mouthpieces.

Most of the facts in this case are in the PJ Files, which sceptics tend to direct people to look at. I have never seen a supporter tell someone to read the files and make their own minds up.

Most of the personal attacks,appeals to authority (SY) and emotive language on this forum do not come from those labelled as 'sceptics'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 08:04:34 PM »
Firstly, what is propaganda? From my understanding of it it's an attempt to persuade others to believe something. It is spread by different methods; public relations techniques and biased newspaper reports, for example.

Propaganda uses ad hominem attacks instead of valid arguments; ad nauseam repeating of the 'message' in the hope that if you say it often enough it'll be accepted; appeals to authority by citing prominent figures to support an idea or argument; appeals to prejudice by using loaded or emotive terms to attach value or moral goodness to believing the proposition.

Although some sceptics use some of the above techniques on twitter, the ones using them in the media are Team McCann via their PR mouthpieces.

Most of the facts in this case are in the PJ Files, which sceptics tend to direct people to look at. I have never seen a supporter tell someone to read the files and make their own minds up.

Most of the personal attacks,appeals to authority (SY) and emotive language on this forum do not come from those labelled as 'sceptics'.

Yup
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 08:06:24 PM »

Do you have a link to a pro-McCann blog on the internet, please?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »
Do you have a link to a pro-McCann blog on the internet, please?

No, sorry.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 08:09:34 PM »
I believe there is a garish pink one somewhere, but I don't have a link.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline misty

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 08:12:39 PM »
No, sorry.

Would a person be hard-pushed to find at least half a dozen anti-McCann blogs on the internet?