Author Topic: A Question of Propaganda.  (Read 206864 times)

ferryman

Re: A Question of Propaganda.
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 08:49:18 PM »
Or simply doubting the story they have told.

Maligning, denigrating and seeking to alter the truth.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2015, 08:50:01 PM »
Good post G-Unit.

thank you Faithlilly.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »

I wasn't aware that one could alter the truth.  One can perhaps alter the perception of  truth
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 09:01:14 PM »
If you understand real journalism, you will know that it has to be an unbiased presentation of facts. MSM is only allowed to publish information which does not compromise the ongoing investigation in any way. That is not, as you put it, a McCann stranglehold.
On the internet, however, there is a plethora of unregulated propaganda, orchestrated by sceptics, often on an almost daily basis (hence you cannot immediately direct me to any pro-McCann blogs). Most supporters have already educated themselves simply by reading the files and need no prompting to do so. The same cannot be said of those who still believe in syringes & disposed refrigeration products.

Well, if you think journalists write unbiased presentations of facts there's no hope for you I'm afraid. How about all the wild 'arrests imminent' headlines when Redwood was around? Was that compromising or not? I have not been impressed by supporter's familiarity with the files. A quick skim is ne thing, a proper study another. There are those who insist on referring constantly to an 'abduction' and an 'abductor' when there is no evidence that such a person ever existed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 09:04:13 PM »
I wasn't aware that one could alter the truth.  One can perhaps alter the perception of  truth

There is truth.

Perceptions of truth can be accurate or inaccurate: sometimes inaccuracies are because of fallibility (despite honest endeavour to be accurate); sometimes, because of distortion, manipulation and intent to deceive.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2015, 09:05:56 PM »
Well, if you think journalists write unbiased presentations of facts there's no hope for you I'm afraid. How about all the wild 'arrests imminent' headlines when Redwood was around? Was that compromising or not? I have not been impressed by supporter's familiarity with the files. A quick skim is ne thing, a proper study another. There are those who insist on referring constantly to an 'abduction' and an 'abductor' when there is no evidence that such a person ever existed.

I'm not impressed with your understanding an interpretations of the files......as I have said before ...if the parents are telling the truth then abduction is almost a certainty

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2015, 09:06:58 PM »

The files are on the Internet for all to read. Obviously amongst those who have read them, the majority doubt the McCanns version of events. The number of. individuals joining sceptic sites makes this self-evident.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:10:08 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2015, 09:08:14 PM »
I'm not impressed with your understanding an interpretations of the files......as I have said before ...if the parents are telling the truth then abduction is almost a certainty

If, is the operative word.

Offline jassi

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »
If, is the operative word.

I wa going to post exactly the same.  None of us know what the truth is - we all choose our own version.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:58 PM »
The files are on the Internet for all to read. Obviously amongst those who have read them, the majority doubt the McCanns version of events. The number of. individuals joining sceptic sites makes this self-evident.

I would say that most of those who have read the files have no understanding of assessing evidence..I would also say that the majority of those who have read the files did not start with an open mind

Offline misty

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 09:16:44 PM »
True journalism is exactly what I previously stated.
Were any of the sensationalist headlines attributed to the more respected newspapers in the UK or were they in the ones the sceptics use for much of their anti-McCann propaganda?
You believe the evidence in the files points to parental involvement. I don't - and I have seen a lot in the files which points to stranger means, motive & opportunity. That doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong as the truth has yet to be determined.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 09:17:26 PM »

I wa going to post exactly the same.  None of us know what the truth is - we all choose our own version.

we all choose our own version based on our interpretation of the evidence..some of us are better at assessing evidence than others........SY have shown they believe the mccanns...that is evidence they are telling the truth

Offline jassi

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 09:18:46 PM »
It doesn't mean it is true, though - it is only their belief.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 09:20:46 PM »

Doesn't mean its true but it is another vote for the mccanns innocence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »

do you feel you have evidence of the mccanns guilt or is it just a belief