Author Topic: So What Did Redwood Mean ?  (Read 7145 times)

Offline faithlilly

So What Did Redwood Mean ?
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:53:11 AM »
Following on from another thread on which there seemed to be little agreement with regards to a statement DCI Redwood made not long before retiring, I thought it may be interesting to get the thoughts of the forum members to what they thought the statement below actually meant

"While I completely accept that there are differences (between the break-ins and the McCann case), there is no abduction that we can see, but the assumption from that is that Madeleine McCann has been abducted. That may not necessarily follow with all our thinking about what may have become of Madeleine McCann."

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Angelo222

Re: So What Did Redwood Mean ?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 12:51:40 PM »
Following on from another thread on which there seemed to be little agreement with regards to a statement DCI Redwood made not long before retiring, I thought it may be interesting to get the thoughts of the forum members to what they thought the statement below actually meant

"While I completely accept that there are differences (between the break-ins and the McCann case), there is no abduction that we can see, but the assumption from that is that Madeleine McCann has been abducted. That may not necessarily follow with all our thinking about what may have become of Madeleine McCann."

As Stephen already pointed out in the original thread it meant that Redwood hadn't a baldy clue what happened to her and as far as I can see his replacement Miss Walls is none the wiser either.

This inquiry will only move forward when something tangible turns up or someone comes forward with information.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:09:21 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Benice

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »
As Stephen already pointed out in the original thread it meant that Redwood hadn't a baldy clue what happened to her and as far as I can see his replacement Miss Walls is none the wiser either.

This inquiry will only move forward when something tangible turns up or someone comes forward with information.

Stephen also pointed this out in another thread:

''After all, you are not privy to the investigation, so you wouldn't have a clue viz a viz, what is now going on''.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 02:05:23 PM »
Let's give Redwood's quote its proper context shall we, Faithlilly, if that's alright with you?

"This is an offender who has got a very, very unhealthy interest in young, white, female children who he is attacking whilst they are on holiday in their beds," he said.

"While I completely accept that there are differences (between the break-ins and the McCann case), there is no abduction that we can see, but the assumption from that is that Madeleine McCann has been abducted.

"That may not necessarily follow with all our thinking about what may have become of Madeleine McCann. It is really critical for us to identify this offender and prove or disprove whether he was involved in Madeleine's disappearance."

Why would his meaning (now that you have the proper context) have anything whatsoever to do with any theory to do with the parents, which is what you are hoping and praying it means?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 02:32:13 PM »
Let's give Redwood's quote its proper context shall we, Faithlilly, if that's alright with you?

"This is an offender who has got a very, very unhealthy interest in young, white, female children who he is attacking whilst they are on holiday in their beds," he said.

"While I completely accept that there are differences (between the break-ins and the McCann case), there is no abduction that we can see, but the assumption from that is that Madeleine McCann has been abducted.

"That may not necessarily follow with all our thinking about what may have become of Madeleine McCann. It is really critical for us to identify this offender and prove or disprove whether he was involved in Madeleine's disappearance."

Why would his meaning (now that you have the proper context) have anything whatsoever to do with any theory to do with the parents, which is what you are hoping and praying it means?

So no real difference then?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 02:35:16 PM »
Anyone who thinks Redwood's statement implicate's the parents is living in cloud cuckoo land

stephen25000

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »
Anyone who thinks Redwood's statement implicate's the parents is living in cloud cuckoo land

'cloud cuckoo land'

Is this the current residing place of the abduction thesis ? £4%4%

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 06:03:08 PM »
So no real difference then?
Context is everything.  If you can't see that then there really is no hope for you.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
The "sceptics" seem to think that in the midst of appealing for information about a vile sex attacker on the Algarve who targeted young girls that Redwood inserted a sentence to say that the Met's thinking was that Madeleine's disappearance may have nothing to do with this man and that she may not have been abducted by him  at all (inference - the parents dunnit).  If anyone can explain why they think this is a logical assumption to make, kindly spell it out now.

Offline jassi

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 06:21:14 PM »
The "sceptics" seem to think that in the midst of appealing for information about a vile sex attacker on the Algarve who targeted young girls that Redwood inserted a sentence to say that the Met's thinking was that Madeleine's disappearance may have nothing to do with this man and that she may not have been abducted by him  at all (inference - the parents dunnit).  If anyone can explain why they think this is a logical assumption to make, kindly spell it out now.

Sadly, this guy doesn't seem to have materialised, any more than Madeleine has.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 06:31:27 PM »

Sadly, this guy doesn't seem to have materialised, any more than Madeleine has.
No, but unless you think several parents and children were making it up, he did or does exist and needs to be id'ed.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 06:40:12 PM »
Context is everything.  If you can't see that then there really is no hope for you.

You added nothing that wasn't inherent in the original.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 06:52:47 PM »
You added nothing that wasn't inherent in the original.
In your opinion.  In my opinion it gave context to the remarks which were made during an appeal for information about a vile sex attacker on the Algarve in an effort to ID him.  No mention in the OP about a sex attacker on the Algarve with an unhealthy interest in young white girls nor the fact that Redwood made this appeal because he believed it was critical to the investigation to ID him.  Redwood wasn't simply shooting the breeze and letting slip the view that the Met were considering accident and cover-up as a scenario, as is clearly the implication in this thread.

Offline jassi

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 07:00:29 PM »
No, but unless you think several parents and children were making it up, he did or does exist and needs to be id'ed.

The fact that these excellent detectives haven't identified him (as far as we know, and I think we would know if they had), it is just possible that this figure is not as real as the police have been led to believe.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 08:12:25 PM »
The fact that these excellent detectives haven't identified him (as far as we know, and I think we would know if they had), it is just possible that this figure is not as real as the police have been led to believe.
So you think it's credible that several families may have invented this man simply because the police have not yet found him?  And they would have done this why?