Author Topic: "they didn't check on them like they afterwards declared they did" claim.  (Read 32264 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: "they didn't check on them like they afterwards declared they did" claim.
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2016, 10:27:04 PM »
just thought you seemed quite practiced in trying to  make an absolute disaster look like a success

In that particular instance the judge ordered a 60/40 split in court costs with the McCanns paying the 60 % and deffed out 700k of a 1.2MM claim. The 500k awarded is yet to be collected.
Work it out for your self.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2016, 10:29:42 PM »
Do tell us where we have gone wrong?
Also from the same report - what could it possibly mean?
On the 3rd of May 2007, at around 10 p.m., at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz, Kate Healy – like her, her husband Gerald and their friends, while dining at the Tapas, did with a periodicity that has not been rigorously established – headed for apartment G5A, in order to check on her three children, who had been left there, asleep;

Offline Carana

« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2016, 10:32:36 PM »
As I asked elsewhere or maybe on this thread I tend to lose track as I have a low boredom threshold.
Do the Portuguese police operate a police notebook system like the English police do?

Do you mean a daybook? I'm not sure anyone here could answer that, Alice.

Why do you ask?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2016, 10:52:26 PM »
Do you mean a daybook? I'm not sure anyone here could answer that, Alice.

Why do you ask?

Because what is written in a PNB in the UK is admissible in court as evidence. If Portugal operate the same system then some evidence will be in PNB and not necessarily broadcast to the general public.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2016, 11:14:30 PM »
Because what is written in a PNB in the UK is admissible in court as evidence. If Portugal operate the same system then some evidence will be in PNB and not necessarily broadcast to the general public.

I had a look as to what you meant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_notebook

No idea. They wrote service reports which are in the files. The GNR must have made notes of some description.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:47:44 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2016, 11:02:05 AM »
I had a look as to what you meant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_notebook

No idea. They wrote service reports which are in the files. The GNR must have made notes of some description.

The police will have garnered a wealth of information about this case over and above that disseminated to the public.  The final police report will have been based on so much more than what we find in the published files.  There will have been conversations, faxes, memos, tape recordings, internal notes and God knows what else.  It is therefore very dangerous to attempt to undermine something stated in a final summary without the benefit of this knowledge.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2016, 12:37:11 PM »
The police will have garnered a wealth of information about this case over and above that disseminated to the public.  The final police report will have been based on so much more than what we find in the published files.  There will have been conversations, faxes, memos, tape recordings, internal notes and God knows what else.  It is therefore very dangerous to attempt to undermine something stated in a final summary without the benefit of this knowledge.

I don't think it is dangerous at all
There may be nothing to back up your claim that the McCanns lied.....you just don't know

ferryman

« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2016, 01:08:33 PM »
I don't think it is dangerous at all
There may be nothing to back up your claim that the McCanns lied.....you just don't know

You have to admit, Dave, there was stuff available to Amaral not in the files, such as the Amaral contradicted and corrected Prior on the forensic results; or that Prior rang the FSS to berate them on the PJ's powers of arrest.

All potent stuff ....