Author Topic: Smith sighting  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Innominate

Smith sighting
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:53:45 PM »
Would someone please confirm the location of Rua 25 de Abril in relation to the Smith sighting.

I believe it is close but would appreciate confirmation.

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Smith sighting
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »
Would someone please confirm the location of Rua 25 de Abril in relation to the Smith sighting.

I believe it is close but would appreciate confirmation.
Martin Smith was on 25 de Abril.

Aoife was on 25 de Abril.
What's up, old man?

Offline Innominate

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:26:18 AM »
Martin Smith was on 25 de Abril.

Aoife was on 25 de Abril.

Many thanks.

Do you know whether this address is close to the sighting:

Rua 25 de Abril, No 4, Bloco C, Apartamento J, 8600-174, em Lagos e respectivos anexos

This was an address in the PJ files, again, for the avoidance of doubt I am not stating the address has anything to do with anything.

I'm just interested in the factual geographical relationship of the address to the Smith sighting, if you could help.

Also, is this a quiet road at that time of year, around the time of the sighting?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:01:05 AM »
Many thanks.

Rua 25 de Abril, No 4, Bloco C, Apartamento J, 8600-174, em Lagos e respectivos anexos

This was an address in the PJ files, again, for the avoidance of doubt I am not stating the address has anything to do with anything.

I'm just interested in the factual geographical relationship of the address to the Smith sighting, if you could help.

Also, is this a quiet road at that time of year, around the time of the sighting?

180 metres (roughly 2 football pitches) away in the direction of the town centre, I think.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:15:24 AM »
Many thanks.

In which document is that address mentioned?  "Rua 25 de Abril, No 4, Bloco C, Apartamento J, 8600-174, em Lagos e respectivos anexos"  Where did this text come from please?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »
In which document is that address mentioned?  "Rua 25 de Abril, No 4, Bloco C, Apartamento J, 8600-174, em Lagos e respectivos anexos"  Where did this text come from please?

Is it the apartment block where the Ocean Club staff were housed?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 09:37:40 AM »
Is it the apartment block where the Ocean Club staff were housed?

I think it's Sergey Malinka's address.

And yet as you walk up Rua 25 de Abril the tarmac changes colour abruptly outside Malinka's apartment. This is the spot on which, last month, his car was set alight as he slept, the Portuguese word "fala" ("speak") scrawled crudely in red paint on the pavement alongside.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/apr/19/madeleinemccann.internationalcrime
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »
Many thanks.

25 de Abril is part of the M537 which runs from Burgau via central Luz to Lagos.  Through traffic coming from the west is funnelled down this road, then along Rua Direita.  Local traffic uses it a lot to access pubs and restaurants.

It is possible to do a general analysis of activity for 3 May 2007, which shows a fair number of businesses open/active at the time.

It is impossible to be specific.  Kelly's was exceptionally quiet at that time, and the reasons suggest other pubs around there would also have been quieter than normal.

I was at the Smith sighting just after 10pm on 3 May 2017, and it was quiet.  However, that was not directly comparable.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 01:12:49 PM »
SIL what would this mean " "Rua 25 de Abril, No 4, Bloco C, Apartamento J, 8600-174, em Lagos e respectivos anexos"?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 01:43:40 PM »
SIL what would this mean " "Rua 25 de Abril, No 4, Bloco C, Apartamento J, 8600-174, em Lagos e respectivos anexos"?
?????

Exactly what it says.  The only bit people might not recognise is 8600-174, which looks like the post code.
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 01:48:01 PM »
25 de Abril is part of the M537 which runs from Burgau via central Luz to Lagos.  Through traffic coming from the west is funnelled down this road, then along Rua Direita.  Local traffic uses it a lot to access pubs and restaurants.

It is possible to do a general analysis of activity for 3 May 2007, which shows a fair number of businesses open/active at the time.

It is impossible to be specific.  Kelly's was exceptionally quiet at that time, and the reasons suggest other pubs around there would also have been quieter than normal.

I was at the Smith sighting just after 10pm on 3 May 2017, and it was quiet.  However, that was not directly comparable.

Thank you for doing the same experiment 10 years after. It would have been quiet on Thursday 3 May 2007 or more witnesses would have seen the man carrying the child. It's not rocket science. If you think he was an innocent Portuguese man with his child, what evidence have you got to back this up? The Madeleine Brit lookalike was barefoot according to Peter's son.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:51:37 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 02:06:33 PM »
Thank you for doing the same experiment 10 years after. It would have been quiet on Thursday 3 May 2007 or more witnesses would have seen the man carrying the child. It's not rocket science. If you think he was an innocent Portuguese man with his child, what evidence have you got to back this up? The Madeleine Brit lookalike was barefoot according to Peter's son.
I have reams of evidence, which would take me far too long to type.  Which is why I do the tours the way I do.  On Luz Tour 6, my visitor was recording me on a digital voice recorder, and he collected 8 to 10 hours of non-stop facts.

Just as an example, if you peer around the area Smithman came from, it is one of the very few areas of Luz that is typically Portuguese (as opposed to ex-pat), and the area he was most likely headed to is also typically Portuguese.

From the 'top' of Primary School St, one can see right down to the Dolphin (and vice-versa).  The man could see 9 people heading towards him.  He had multiple choices to avoid them.  He chose to pass all 9 at close range.

Consequently he is most probably innocent, and Portuguese.

He has never been looked for in Portugal.
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 02:10:24 PM »
And what about his strange behaviour at close range in a quiet dark back street?

"It was the way......... turned his head down which was similar to what the individual did on 3rd May 2007 when we met him."

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »
And what about his strange behaviour at close range in a quiet dark back street?

"It was the way......... turned his head down which was similar to what the individual did on 3rd May 2007 when we met him."
Not mentioned in the 3 original Smith statements, which describe him walking normally, face showing.
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »
"Her skin was very white, typical of a Brit."

"Her skin was white, typically British."

Portuguese?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 02:32:30 PM by pathfinder73 »