Author Topic: Smith sighting  (Read 4047 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Smith sighting
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 03:35:31 PM »
"Her skin was very white, typical of a Brit."

"Her skin was white, typically British."

Portuguese?
You would need to visit the site at the relevant time to understand why colour matching was nigh-well impossible.

As it happens, you get Portuguese people/children with light skin.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 04:05:02 PM »
You would need to visit the site at the relevant time to understand why colour matching was nigh-well impossible.

As it happens, you get Portuguese people/children with light skin.
You wouldn't have to visit the site
In dim light skin tones can be misinterpreted
Anywhere in the world

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 04:06:45 PM »

Whoever he was, he was hardly likely to turn around and head back from where he came.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »
Whoever he was, he was hardly likely to turn around and head back from where he came.
He didn't need to turn around.  He had considerable advance notice of all 9 Smiths.  He had multiple places to avoid a close encounter.

He chose the close encounter.
What's up, old man?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »
He didn't need to turn around.  He had considerable advance notice of all 9 Smiths.  He had multiple places to avoid a close encounter.

But they were coming up the street at him.  Or were they not?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:06:02 PM by Eleanor »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »

He chose a dark back street encounter. Where else would he go if he didn't know the area? Did he have time to waste?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:12:02 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 05:35:39 PM »
But they were coming up the street at him.  Or were they not?
Luz Tour #6.  We covered this on 3 May 2017.

From the point opposite the 'staff' building on Primary School Street you can see people all the way down to the Dolphin (and vice versa).

I have not timed it.  But I would estimate Smithman had around 2 minutes advance warning, and plenty of places to avoid the Smiths, if he wished.

He chose to encounter 9 people whilst carrying a child in his arms.

The odds are Smithman is completely innocent.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »

From the point opposite the 'staff' building on Primary School Street you can see people all the way down to the Dolphin (and vice versa).

I have not timed it.  But I would estimate Smithman had around 2 minutes advance warning, and plenty of places to avoid the Smiths, if he wished.

Why should he worry about passing the group
They could not see his face
Nothing he was doing raised any suspicion
Your logic is flawed

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 05:48:35 PM »

This Post doesn't make sense.  How long is this street?  Two minutes from top to bottom, and no side turnings at all?  That's a very long street.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
This Post doesn't make sense.  How long is this street?  Two minutes from top to bottom, and no side turnings at all?  That's a very long street.

2 mins is about 200 to 250 yds

Bit of course they are travelling towards each other so that makes it 400 to 500 yds
Sill needs to do her sums
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:01:27 PM by davel »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »
Why should he worry about passing the group
They could not see his face
Nothing he was doing raised any suspicion
Your logic is flawed
Flawed logic?

*&*%£

Given that I think he is innocent, why should he worry about passing the Smiths?  Kindly post something that ties in with what has gone before.

They could see his face.  It's in the statements.  We repeated it on 3 May 2017.

Please post something relevant if you are going to post at all.   8((()*/
What's up, old man?

Offline Innominate

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 06:06:05 PM »
Quote:

— The deponent remembers that upon reaching the top of the stairs, she looked to her left and saw a man (1) with a female child (2) in his arms, walking along the pavement of Rua 25 de Abril. He was walking in her direction at a distance of, give or take, two metres.
— The deponent crossed to the other side of Rua 25 de Abril and began walking up Rua da Escola Primária in the direction of the Estrela da Luz apartment complex.

Personal Description:
— (1) the individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top.

=====

I'm just wondering whether the address quoted at the beginning of the thread is consistent with the description given of the direction of travel, i.e. down Rua 25 de Abril  (Smithman turning left from R. escola de primaria)

Because if it was not then that would settle the matter.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »
It's 2 streets, not one.  The Dolphin is not on Primary School Street.

And when I say there are lots of ways to avoid the Smiths, why have you turned it into a street with no way to avoid the Smiths?

Do yourself a favour.  Please re-read the thread.

What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 06:13:08 PM »
2 mins is about 200 to 250 yds

Bit of course they are travelling towards each other so that makes it 400 to 500 yds
Sill needs to do her sums
Nope, you do.

The model is a person carrying a heavy weight in one direction.  Versus a holiday group in dribs and drabs going the other way.

Back to the drawing board davel, IMO.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 06:13:54 PM »
Flawed logic?

*&*%£

Given that I think he is innocent, why should he worry about passing the Smiths?  Kindly post something that ties in with what has gone before.

They could see his face.  It's in the statements.  We repeated it on 3 May 2017.

Please post something relevant if you are going to post at all.   8((()*/

Martin smith said he would not recognise the person
In person or in photograph
That's how good a look at his face he got
He may or may not be innocent
Nothing you have posted indicates either
But of course you think it does