Author Topic: Smith sighting  (Read 4049 times)

Offline misty

Re: Smith sighting
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2017, 07:52:19 PM »
For completeness there is another mention of R. 25 de Abril in the files:

---- For the record, the defendant having been shown a photograph in which one can observe the defendant speaking with an individual on '25 de Abril' road, in Praia da Luz, he said that such person is one known to him, a resident of Praia da Luz, who knows Robert, and that he knows him to be of Romanian nationality. He met this individual on an occasion in which he, the Romanian, did some gardening work at Casa Liliana, which he thinks was contracted by his mother. The contact that happened when they were photographed was based on a request that the defendant [should be: the Romanian] made to Robert in the sense of him [RM] making a translation of an appeal in the Romanian language regarding the disappearance of Madeleine.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/ROBERT-MURAT.htm

I'm not sure when the Smith sighting became public knowledge, as Mr Smith claimed the police virtually ignored it. It would be interesting to know.
First appeared in press June 6th 2007
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2817.msg307977#msg307977

Offline misty

Re: Smith sighting
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2017, 08:01:00 PM »
Many thanks.

Do you know whether this address is close to the sighting:

Rua 25 de Abril, No 4, Bloco C, Apartamento J, 8600-174, em Lagos e respectivos anexos

This was an address in the PJ files, again, for the avoidance of doubt I am not stating the address has anything to do with anything.

I'm just interested in the factual geographical relationship of the address to the Smith sighting, if you could help.

Also, is this a quiet road at that time of year, around the time of the sighting?

Lilac spot is Smith sighting.
Green spot is Malinka's block.
Yellow spot is where Malinka's car was torched.

IMO anyone headed for Malinka's from 5a would not have used the route down Abril.