Author Topic: Dog Search 5A  (Read 6694 times)

Offline Innominate

Re: Dog Search 5A
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »
When did Eddie alert to blood in a general area in this case? According to MG, all of Eddie's alerts were for cadaver scent. I go with the expert's opinion about his dog and NOT any amateur's one.

I understand your viewpoint on this, but I'm not sure it is clear cut from the reports.

MG gave the following opinion (master bedroom 5A):

The first alert was given with the dogs head in the air without a positive area being identified. This is the alert given by him when there is no tangible evidence to be located only the remaining scent.

For the other alerts (where the CSI dog did not indicate) he gave the following opinion:

It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to cadaver scent contamination. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence.

Offline Carana

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
I understand your viewpoint on this, but I'm not sure it is clear cut from the reports.

The first alert was given with the dogs head in the air without a positive area being identified. This is the alert given by him when there is no tangible evidence to be located only the remaining scent.

For the other alerts (where the CSI dog did not indicate) he gave the following opinion:

It is my view that it is possible that the EVRD is alerting to cadaver scent contamination. No evidential or intelligence reliability can be made from this alert unless it can be confirmed with corroborating evidence.

"Possible" being the operatve word, and therefore worthy of forensic corroboration.

But there wasn't any...

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »

Report lingo is not the same as his own opinion. Read the following example about Keela.

Report:
The CSI dog  was therefore deployed who gave specific alert indications to specific areas on the tiled floor area behind the sofa and on the curtain in the area that was in contact with the floor behind the sofa. This would indicate to the likely presence of human blood.

Own opinion:
"She is very, very good and when she indicates there is always blood there."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Innominate

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2017, 02:21:50 PM »
Report lingo is not the same as his own opinion. Read the following example about Keela.

Report:
The CSI dog  was therefore deployed who gave specific alert indications to specific areas on the tiled floor area behind the sofa and on the curtain in the area that was in contact with the floor behind the sofa. This would indicate to the likely presence of human blood.

Own opinion:
"She is very, very good and when she indicates there is always blood there."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

The quotes I made were directly from the written submissions by Martin Grimes, in his own words.

These quotes were related only to the disputed alerts: i.e. where EVRD signalled and CSI did not.

The quotes you have given relate to where the CSI dog and EVRD signalled. This is most likely to be blood, providing both alerts are true positives.

BUT there is no indication whether the alerts relate to dried blood from a person who is still alive, or to the identity of the person, or how long the blood was there, etc, etc, which is something that MG makes clear, in his own words.

I respect your viewpoint, but, in my view, the alerts do not indicate someone died in 5A, and, in fact, add little to trying to understand what might have happened.

Offline jassi

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2017, 02:40:04 PM »
The quotes I made were directly from the written submissions by Martin Grimes, in his own words.

These quotes were related only to the disputed alerts: i.e. where EVRD signalled and CSI did not.

The quotes you have given relate to where the CSI dog and EVRD signalled. This is most likely to be blood, providing both alerts are true positives.

BUT there is no indication whether the alerts relate to dried blood from a person who is still alive, or to the identity of the person, or how long the blood was there, etc, etc, which is something that MG makes clear, in his own words.

I respect your viewpoint, but, in my view, the alerts do not indicate someone died in 5A, and, in fact, add little to trying to understand what might have happened.

Nothing to be overly concerned about then
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2017, 06:54:58 PM »
Nothing to be overly concerned about then

In my opinion ... On Topic, insightful, informative, polite and respectful.  A model post designed to encourage discussion and debate, exactly the type of post we should all aim for as it is well within the ethos of the forum.

What's not to like?  Well done Innominate.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....