Author Topic: Was the forensic search of Apt 5a incomplete?  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Was the forensic search of Apt 5a incomplete?
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2017, 08:55:31 AM »
Not necessarily Sadie, people react in different ways to danger and risk.

I know that you are of the view that if there was an abductor that he had an accomplice, possibly someone who could keep a look out from the adjacent block.  In that situation an abductor would not be fearful of being discovered and would be overly confident.  There is a fly in the ointment of that particular theory however.  If there was a lookout he would have been aware of Gerry and Jez chatting further down the street and of the approaching Jane and warned any abductor not to cross the top of the street adjacent to block 5 for fear of being observed.

Supposing Jane's man was the abductor,  the lookout would not have been expecting Gerry to stop and chat and would already have given the signal to go,  also he wouldn't have expected Jane either.

I believe there were three people,   a lookout,  the person who took Madeleine from her bed and the person he/she handed her over to.

Offline Innominate

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:55 AM »
IMO the search of 5A was incomplete.

The apartment as a whole was not treated as a potential crime scene (crime, if any, yet to be determined).

A section of the apartment was subjected to a forensic examination that was more in depth than other sections of the apartment.

There does not appear to be any information in the files about how the forsensic search was planned (or not planned, as the case may be), so it is not possible to follow up on why some areas of 5A were seached in more depth than others.

In magic tricks, and other deceptions, the attention (or awareness) of observers is directed away from where the true action is taking place.

This is speculation, but it is possible the window was a 'red herring' to direct attention to the second bedroom, away from other parts of the apartment.
The PJ could have been led to focus their forensic examinations in certain areas, and to not give thought to viewing the whole apartment as a potential crime scene.

This, of course, would imply a level of sophistication on the part of any (potential) perpertrator, that may be unjustified.

The above is not intended to imply any particular theory should have greater weight than any other particular theory.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2017, 09:12:42 AM »
no...based on all the evidence I think there was. ....as redwood said...based on the evidence they beleive maddie was abducted.
But that abduction could have been from outside the apartment surely in which case the alleged abductor need not have entered the apartment.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2017, 09:27:08 AM »
no...based on all the evidence I think there was. ....as redwood said...based on the evidence they beleive maddie was abducted.

No doubt in the fullness of time,(who knows how long that is seeing it's been at least  four years since Redwood spoke) Rowley or a contemporary can tell us how they have failed to find them.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2017, 09:33:01 AM »
But that abduction could have been from outside the apartment surely in which case the alleged abductor need not have entered the apartment.

That or an abduction,still to be determined is it not.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline sadie

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2017, 01:29:03 PM »
No doubt in the fullness of time,(who knows how long that is seeing it's been at least  four years since Redwood spoke) Rowley or a contemporary can tell us how they have failed to find them.
That is a gross assumption

SY and Porto special-Madeleine PJ group may KNOW EXACTLY who the perps were, but be unwilling to reveal that until they have sufficient evidence to charge them and hopefully win the case

IMO

Offline barrier

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »
That is a gross assumption

Easy one to make,Jill Dando lay dead on her door step,a thats not been solved by SY,what makes you suppose one with out a body in a foreign land in support of another force will be solved? especially as it seems per thread title lack of dna in 5a.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:49:03 PM by barrier »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2017, 03:56:50 PM »

We seem to have wandered Off Topic a trifle.  Could we rectify that.  Thank You.

Offline Carana

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2017, 05:32:07 PM »
This appears where they looked for trace evidence: what they found was hair, plus the bed stain:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:37:36 PM by Carana »

Offline John

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »
For information

Just to let everyone know that we can now fully reinstate deleted posts from today.  Members can appeal any deleted post and if deemed appropriate it can be reinstated.  Only admins and senior moderators have the necessary permissions to do this.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:59:31 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »
IMO the search of 5A was incomplete.

The apartment as a whole was not treated as a potential crime scene (crime, if any, yet to be determined).

A section of the apartment was subjected to a forensic examination that was more in depth than other sections of the apartment.

There does not appear to be any information in the files about how the forsensic search was planned (or not planned, as the case may be), so it is not possible to follow up on why some areas of 5A were seached in more depth than others.

In magic tricks, and other deceptions, the attention (or awareness) of observers is directed away from where the true action is taking place.

This is speculation, but it is possible the window was a 'red herring' to direct attention to the second bedroom, away from other parts of the apartment.
The PJ could have been led to focus their forensic examinations in certain areas, and to not give thought to viewing the whole apartment as a potential crime scene.

This, of course, would imply a level of sophistication on the part of any (potential) perpertrator, that may be unjustified.

The above is not intended to imply any particular theory should have greater weight than any other particular theory.

The patio doors in the master bedroom do not appear to have facilitated entry or exit from the apartment on the night of 3rd. IMO the PJ were correct to concentrate on the  window in the children's room, the other 2 doors & the area between the children's room to each of those doors if seeking evidence of an intruder.
When foul play was suspected (pick a date) I guess that was time for a more concentrated sweep of the whole apartment. However, as the PJ don't seem to favour sealing off potential crime scenes, any lost evidence or cross-contamination which followed hindered the progress of the investigation.
What do you think the senior detectives should have recommended to the CSI team?