Author Topic: Paedophile Roderick McDonald aka Roderick William Robinson arrested in Malta.  (Read 91507 times)

Offline faithlilly

Not from a source that you consider acceptable, so until Blacksmith tells us it happened I guess not...

I'll make it simple for you Alfie. Have OG confirmed that they have questioned this man ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

I'll make it simple for you Alfie. Have OG confirmed that they have questioned this man ?
No but Maltese officials confirmed it to a Mirror journo.  Either that, or he made it up for reasons which are unclear - take your pick

Offline Alice Purjorick

He is being defended from the suggestion that he had anything to do with sex attacks on the Algarve, despite the fact that he lived there and is a known paedophile - why is that?

Please try harder to answer the question posed and not answer a question you have made up.
PONG
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

Please try harder to answer the question posed and not answer a question you have made up.
PONG

Yes you do - badly.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Yes you do - badly.
Press this button here and that motor over there will fire up.
Nice to see you remain wired up the same way Alf.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

No but Maltese officials confirmed it to a Mirror journo.  Either that, or he made it up for reasons which are unclear - take your pick

An unnamed Maltese official.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

I think there is a measure of cherry picking going on when it is decided what sources are allowed to be brought into the equation without derisory comment.

Scotland Yard made it plain right at the beginning of the investigation that there would be no running commentary. 

In the early days there was a real fear of antagonising the Portuguese authorities which might have endangered the continuation of the investigation; the press were warned that ill advised reporting might have that effect.

I think this has carried over into press investigation of Roderick McDonald.  They are getting nothing from SY ... but getting information from Maltese officials isn't covered by any restriction and is the sort of thing I would expect a tabloid reporter worth his salt to do.

fine by me because such action makes the comment and conclusions reached derisory

Alfred R Jones

An unnamed Maltese official.
So?  Do you think it unlikely that Operation Grange were interested in this paedo?  If so, kindly explain your reasons for thinking this.

stephen25000

they are not culpable...it's about time you came to terms with the truth

Of course they are culpable, for leaving their children in unnecessary danger.

Offline mercury

I think it is called being accurate.

When he was picked up, he had been living in a camp site in Olhão (eastern Algarve) for 2 months, if the camp site owner can be trusted.

To be accurate, I don't know precisely when he entered the Algarve, though from memory he was tracked because he bought and drove a motor home from the UK to Portugal.  I think that was shortly before he was picked up here.

He seems to have spent a considerable number of months in Lisbon prison before the deportation came through.

So, he's in the wrong area of Portugal at the wrong time. Plus there is nothing to suggest that he was in Portugal for the period spanning 2004-2010.

Other than that, we appear to have one source concluding from this that he was living in the nearby area when Madeleine disappeared.

Take your pick.

Precisely. Post of the day.

As to whether he was or wasn't living in the area at the time  vis a vis hm being responsible, is a bit moot anyway, seeing as the serial burglar/molester was said to have had a foreign accent and dark skin, If he was questioned it will not have been as a suspect but a potential informer IMO.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:22:46 PM by mercury »

Offline ShiningInLuz

I think you may be mixing up your paedophiles, wasn't that Hewitt?
No.  From an earlier thread on the same topic.

misty:

--- Quote from: Anna on November 13, 2014, 11:02:23 PM ---When he disappeared in 2010 from UK, he got a ferry to spain, with I assume the motorhome that he bought in Brighton. There has been a lot of police time put into catching this man.

Child abuse suspect 'seen on CCTV' in Sussex
Mr Robinson has been extradited to Australia where he faces trial
A man suspected of child abuse in Australia and New Zealand has been traced from CCTV images in Sussex.
Roderick Robinson, 72, is charged with sex offences in Australia and New Zealand but failed to answer bail and returned to England in November.
His motorhome was seen on CCTV in Brighton, before he caught a ferry from Portsmouth to Spain.
Mr Robinson was finally arrested in Portugal. He is now in Australia where he faces trial.
'Brighton connection'
He is accused of attacking a nine-year-old girl in Sydney in 1999.
He has also been charged with child sex offences in New Zealand.
Det Ch Insp John Geden, of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, said: "We identified that there was a connection to the Brighton area so we visited Sussex Police and they were able to trawl through their CCTV images.
"The breakthrough came really when they found an image of the motorhome that we believed, and intelligence told us, that Mr Robinson purchased."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10437678

His camper and leaving court in Malta......
What's up, old man?

Alfred R Jones

No.  From an earlier thread on the same topic.

misty:

--- Quote from: Anna on November 13, 2014, 11:02:23 PM ---When he disappeared in 2010 from UK, he got a ferry to spain, with I assume the motorhome that he bought in Brighton. There has been a lot of police time put into catching this man.

Child abuse suspect 'seen on CCTV' in Sussex
Mr Robinson has been extradited to Australia where he faces trial
A man suspected of child abuse in Australia and New Zealand has been traced from CCTV images in Sussex.
Roderick Robinson, 72, is charged with sex offences in Australia and New Zealand but failed to answer bail and returned to England in November.
His motorhome was seen on CCTV in Brighton, before he caught a ferry from Portsmouth to Spain.
Mr Robinson was finally arrested in Portugal. He is now in Australia where he faces trial.
'Brighton connection'
He is accused of attacking a nine-year-old girl in Sydney in 1999.
He has also been charged with child sex offences in New Zealand.
Det Ch Insp John Geden, of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, said: "We identified that there was a connection to the Brighton area so we visited Sussex Police and they were able to trawl through their CCTV images.
"The breakthrough came really when they found an image of the motorhome that we believed, and intelligence told us, that Mr Robinson purchased."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10437678

His camper and leaving court in Malta......
OK my apologies, it seems a bit of a trend, paedos and camper vans.

Offline Mr Gray

The truth often hurts Alfie.

I think it ha got to the stage when the only person hurt by the disgusting comments is the person making them...to be consumed by vitriol is not a pleasant place to be

Alfred R Jones

The truth often hurts Alfie.
But it is not true, instead it is truly disgusting to say that I desperately want Madeleine to be in the hands of a paedophile.  You'd have to be truly warped to think that.

Offline Mr Gray

But it is not true, instead it is truly disgusting to say that I desperately want Madeleine to be in the hands of a paedophile.  You'd have to be truly warped to think that.

agreed