Author Topic: Were the media wrong to settle defamation actions out of court?  (Read 49402 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Were the media wrong to settle defamation actions out of court?
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2018, 08:32:48 AM »
We have a way to convict the innocent, Stefan Kiszko,the Birmingham 6,the Guildford 4,to name but a few.
You think there are only miscarriages of justice in the UK...that's quite a naieve view

Offline barrier

« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2018, 08:34:37 AM »
You think there are only miscarriages of justice in the UK...that's quite a naieve view

No I'm showing that any one who holds british justice up as a pagan of virtue is sadly mistaken.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2018, 08:38:00 AM »
No I'm showing that any one who holds british justice up as a pagan of virtue is sadly mistaken.

In your opinion.....quoting a few cases proves nothing..
Are you aware that according to Montclair ..there are no miscarriages of justice in Portugal....sounds rather strange to me

Offline barrier

« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2018, 08:41:28 AM »
In your opinion.....quoting a few cases proves nothing..

Then there is the likes of that cigar smoking weirdo and that fat lazy good for nothing mp who didn't get charged,it works both ways.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2018, 08:46:14 AM »
Then there is the likes of that cigar smoking weirdo and that fat lazy good for nothing mp who didn't get charged,it works both ways.
You simply have little knowledge of other countries so have nothing to compare...casa pia in Portugal for instance...have you heard of that

Offline barrier

« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2018, 09:12:25 AM »
You simply have little knowledge of other countries so have nothing to compare...casa pia in Portugal for instance...have you heard of that

Elm guest house,Kincora………………...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2018, 09:17:49 AM »
Elm guest house,Kincora………………...

now you are struggling......Elm...discredited....Kincora in ireland

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2018, 09:27:25 AM »
What is it in the UK then, for I'd be surprised if it was different, as we tend to mirror UK law.

its not guilty beyond reasonable doubt...therefore may be guilty

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »

Before the thread is taken off topic...with all the talk of rules...this is your opinion only and should have a caveat...you have shown nothing...imo

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »
I'm confused.  No doubt about that!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
What is the word you are looking for?  It certainly isn't "pagan".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2018, 10:24:20 AM »
What is the word you are looking for?  It certainly isn't "pagan".

I wondered when some one would pick that up,full marks Rob.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2018, 10:27:44 AM »

Guilty and not guilty are outcomes in a court of law. it does not mean that person/s were guilty  or innocent just that an argument was presented and one had a better argument.  It is not unknown that innocent people are set up and are found guilty- or guilty people walk free. It has been happening for so many centuries! It would be more accurate if you used the words guilty /innocent in a court of law. because you do know know for sure who is guilty of what or innocent of what.      IMO   ^*&&
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:49:22 AM by Brietta »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2018, 11:46:22 AM »
I wondered when some one would pick that up,full marks Rob.

I think most of us picked up on it ... and we ALL make typos ... the remedy is when you notice one of your own go to 'modify' and make the appropriate change.

8(0(*
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »

Guilty and not guilty are outcomes in a court of law. it does not mean that person/s were guilty  or innocent just that an argument was presented and one had a better argument.  It is not unknown that innocent people are set up and are found guilty- or guilty people walk free. It has been happening for so many centuries! It would be more accurate if you used the words guilty /innocent in a court of law. because you do know know for sure who is guilty of what or innocent of what.      IMO   ^*&&

no...its gulty or not guilty...beyond reasonable doubt.....innocence is not established...you are quite wrong