Author Topic: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?  (Read 46607 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Manhunt by Colin Sutton. Are there comparisons with Madeleine?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 09:00:46 AM »
Are you finally acknowledging how unacceptable and unfair the vicious and obsessive criticism of the Policia Judiciaria has been?  Well done you, if so.

I haven't seen any obsessive or vicious criticism of the PJ... I think you are, wrong... I have, seen vicious, and obsessive criticism of the parents

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 09:03:38 AM »
I would draw a parallel between the PJ in the inital investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance with the Surrey Police in the Milly Dowler investigation.  Convinced they had their man and not interested in any other evidence that pointed elsewhere.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 09:07:13 AM »
I would draw a parallel between the PJ in the inital investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance with the Surrey Police in the Milly Dowler investigation.  Convinced they had their man and not interested in any other evidence that pointed elsewhere.

And similar to criticism of the Colin Stagg fiasco... Nothing obsessive or vicious....just pointing out the mistakes the OJ made

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 09:24:50 AM »
No I don’t think they, or any other police force are above criticism, especially not those who throw in the towel and release their files, revealing just how incompetent they were imo. 

My point was aimed at those currently involved in slagging off the Met about how long they are taking without any apparent results.  If it transpires that all the Met was doing in the last five years was shuffling paper about and going to Portugal to play golf then obviously they deserve every criticism coming to them.

Perhaps the McCanns, their supporters and the UK media should have remained silent during the time the Policia Judiciaria were carrying out their investigations.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:50:59 AM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »
Perhaps the McCanns, their supporters and the UK media should have remained silent during the time the Policia Judiciaria were carrying out their investigations.
Perhaps, though I would say it was totally forgiveable in the McCanns’ case in fact kudos for their admirable restraint in the circs, I would have been a lot more vocal. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:54:49 AM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2019, 09:41:40 AM »
It would be useful if the Colin Sutton material was split off into its own thread.  It's the nearest we've had so far to a comparative, contemporaneous case in the UK.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 09:53:33 AM »
It would be useful if the Colin Sutton material was split off into its own thread.  It's the nearest we've had so far to a comparative, contemporaneous case in the UK.

I agree. Because the writer worked so closely with Sutton, who still had his notes on the case it's a very useful account of how an investigation progresses in the UK. His book on the subject is released tomorrow;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Manhunt-Brought-Serial-Bellfield-Justice/dp/1786065711
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 09:56:19 AM »
Perhaps, though I would say it was totally forgiveable in the McCanns’ case in fact kudos for their admirable restraint in the circs, I would have been a lot more vocal.

So it's OK for the McCanns to criticise the PJ before they even began their investigation but not for people to criticise OG until they finish theirs? That sounds like double standards to me.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 09:58:03 AM »

Why... When we knew the mistakes they were making... Their incorrect belief that maddies death in the, apartment was confirmed... This was a massive error
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:56:06 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »
So it's OK for the McCanns to criticise the PJ before they even began their investigation but not for people to criticise OG until they finish theirs? That sounds like double standards to me.

It's OK for everyone  to criticise everything based on evidence... We have ni idea what grange have found and what they are unvestigating

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 10:06:25 AM »
Of course it is, they were there experiencing the incompetence first hand. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2019, 10:14:00 AM »
I wonder how useful people would have found this dramatization if Sutton hadn’t recently inveigled his way into the Anti McCann camp on twitter and become a bit of a champion of the sceptic cause??

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2019, 10:17:05 AM »

When you saw how the NOTW’s threat to publish information about the investigation before the suspect’s arrest could have skewed the whole investigation you can see what the PJ were up against with half the world’s media camped on their doorstep, looking for copy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:05:16 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2019, 10:22:21 AM »
When you saw how the NOTW’s threat to publish information about the investigation before the suspect’s arrest could have skewed the whole investigation you can see what the PJ were up against with half the world’s media camped on their doorstep, looking for copy.
And yet IMO the PJ were utterly complicit in leaking to the media, shame on them!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:51:04 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2019, 10:45:57 AM »

You really have lost me there ... I cannot see any similarity between Madeleine McCann's case and the content of the film ... the nearest comparison in MO I think is with the Yorkshire Ripper.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....