Author Topic: General queries about the truce.  (Read 8305 times)

Offline Amazon

General queries about the truce.
« on: March 08, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »
Can I ask why the Simon Hall thread has gone? I realise the difficulties this case causes but people should be allowed to have opinions about a case where a man pleaded innocence for 11 years, at great expense to the tax payer and significant distress to the families, to later admit his guilt. On what basis is is his wife demanding removal of anything to do with his case from the internet? Petey put a very honest but factual post on the other forum today and that has been deleted.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:04:36 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: General queries about the truce.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »
Can I ask why the Simon Hall thread has gone? I realise the difficulties this case causes but people should be allowed to have opinions about a case where a man pleaded innocence for 11 years, at great expense to the tax payer and significant distress to the families, to later admit his guilt. On what basis is is his wife demanding removal of anything to do with his case from the internet? Petey put a very honest but factual post on the other forum today and that has been deleted.

And yet the post preceding Petey's refers to historical issues and doesn't seem in keeping with 'truce mark2'  >@@(*&)
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »
John what is going on mate .... the truce what designed to remove and prevent the posting of personal stalking threads. Why are we kow towing to Tesco's and Frizzy?

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 03:00:13 PM »

Simon is dead, his funeral has still to take place.  The threads have been archived meantime.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »
John what is going on mate .... the truce what designed to remove and prevent the posting of personal stalking threads. Why are we kow towing to Tesco's and Frizzy?

The truce between the two forums will be maintained as long as the admins on blue reciprocate. All references to 'Frizzy' have been removed.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:26:19 PM »
So if Tesco comes up with a new theory to rival his 'Neville fathering the twins' disgusting tripe we are not going to be allowed to discuss and ridicule as appropriate?

The Simon Hall threads should not be removed. Having sympathy or not for the death of a murderer at his own hands is an interesting and highly appropriate debate. As is discussing the enquiry findings and any further developments.

This forum only exists now because Tesko wouldn't allow any views that differed from his hero worship of Bambet. Don't go down the same path please John!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 10:17:01 PM »
So if Tesco comes up with a new theory to rival his 'Neville fathering the twins' disgusting tripe we are not going to be allowed to discuss and ridicule as appropriate?

The Simon Hall threads should not be removed. Having sympathy or not for the death of a murderer at his own hands is an interesting and highly appropriate debate. As is discussing the enquiry findings and any further developments.

This forum only exists now because Tesko wouldn't allow any views that differed from his hero worship of Bambet. Don't go down the same path please John!

There is no reason why measured responses cannot be made to any wild theories unearthed on blue and I will support any debate on it.  With you on that one Tim but language must be moderated.

My view on the Simon Hall threads is that the whole nasty saga is done and dusted, it will never be resurrected ever again.  Frizz is a non entity, let her disappear into obscurity where she belongs.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 12:27:14 AM »

There is no reason why measured responses cannot be made to any wild theories unearthed on blue and I will support any debate on it.  With you on that one Tim but language must be moderated.

My view on the Simon Hall threads is that the whole nasty saga is done and dusted, it will never be resurrected ever again.  Frizz is a non entity, let her disappear into obscurity where she belongs.

I agree language should be tempered and mods can do that with any post! This is getting like Tesko's though; we are being told what we can and can't debate! Many original members are not happy about that!

Offline puglove

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 01:03:38 AM »
I agree language should be tempered and mods can do that with any post! This is getting like Tesko's though; we are being told what we can and can't debate! Many original members are not happy about that!

It would be a shame if this forum turned into yet another branch of the W.I. IMO, Simon Hall's case is still relevant; although he confessed (for whatever reasons) his culpability is still doubtful, and until he married, and became confused and ill, he had some serious support. Surely "original members" should be allowed to debate this?
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 03:45:37 AM »
It would be a shame if this forum turned into yet another branch of the W.I. IMO, Simon Hall's case is still relevant; although he confessed (for whatever reasons) his culpability is still doubtful, and until he married, and became confused and ill, he had some serious support. Surely "original members" should be allowed to debate this?

I don't agree.  Simon couldn't deal with the shame of what he had done, he came to realise all too late who really mattered in his life.  The rest is history and I see no reason for prolonging the saga at this moment in time.   That said, the threads are all there in our archive and can be reinstated in the future for reference purposes.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:51:09 AM by John »

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 10:08:25 AM »
I don't agree.  Simon couldn't deal with the shame of what he had done, he came to realise all too late who really mattered in his life.  The rest is history and I see no reason for prolonging the saga at this moment in time.   That said, the threads are all there in our archive and can be reinstated in the future for reference purposes.

Excuse me John but how on earth do you know Simon Hall killed himself because he "couldn't deal with the shame of what he had done"? He managed to live with that shame for 11 years knowing he was guilty and that his mendacious claims of innocence only added to the distress of the relatives of poor Joan Albert!

Hall let The Innocence Project work all those 1000's of hours for free to help him knowing it was one big fat lie. He has done a lot of damage to that organisation; Simon Hall's case was their no. 1 flagship project. He damaged Rough Justice's reputation too.

Unless you have information not in the public domain, you do not know he killed himself out of guilt and shame. Hall never apologised in his confession (as far as we know) nor apologised for all the additional damage he caused after conviction.

My guess is Hall realised who he had married and couldn't get enough smack to dull the pain! It would make for an interesting debate .... if Big Brother would allow such a debate!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 11:06:47 AM »
Excuse me John but how on earth do you know Simon Hall killed himself because he "couldn't deal with the shame of what he had done"? He managed to live with that shame for 11 years knowing he was guilty and that his mendacious claims of innocence only added to the distress of the relatives of poor Joan Albert!

Hall let The Innocence Project work all those 1000's of hours for free to help him knowing it was one big fat lie. He has done a lot of damage to that organisation; Simon Hall's case was their no. 1 flagship project. He damaged Rough Justice's reputation too.

Unless you have information not in the public domain, you do not know he killed himself out of guilt and shame. Hall never apologised in his confession (as far as we know) nor apologised for all the additional damage he caused after conviction.

My guess is Hall realised who he had married and couldn't get enough smack to dull the pain! It would make for an interesting debate .... if Big Brother would allow such a debate!

The guy is to be pitied.  He lived a lie for 11 years and in the end it destroyed him, that much is very obvious.  Admitting his guilt to those who believed and supported him for all that time was worse than living that lie.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Joanne

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
While I agree with a lot of different opinions on this thread, I think having Simon's threads up will just be antagonistic to at least one person which will in turn then cause posts to be written which may cause more distress to Simon's close family and friends who need to be able to grieve in peace and really is it at this time going to be productive to have them up? Is there much to discuss at the moment of value? Probably not.

I would be interested to hear Stephanie (B's) side and also Karen's who have been involved in Simon's case from the start as to how the case evolved (or Shaun or his family for that matter), however I am very aware that they have retracted from this case (in the public domain, not personally) for their own reasons because until I joined here nearly two years ago, I wasn't aware of the case and then there wasn't anyone to ask and now isn't the best time.

Offline sika

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »
While I agree with a lot of different opinions on this thread, I think having Simon's threads up will just be antagonistic to at least one person which will in turn then cause posts to be written which may cause more distress to Simon's close family and friends who need to be able to grieve in peace and really is it at this time going to be productive to have them up? Is there much to discuss at the moment of value? Probably not.

I would be interested to hear Stephanie (B's) side and also Karen's who have been involved in Simon's case from the start as to how the case evolved (or Shaun or his family for that matter), however I am very aware that they have retracted from this case (in the public domain, not personally) for their own reasons because until I joined here nearly two years ago, I wasn't aware of the case and then there wasn't anyone to ask and now isn't the best time.
Very well said, Jo.

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »

Good points [Name removed]o.   I agree with what you say about the family.  They need time to grieve for Simon and the last thing they need is us discussing whether he was guilty or innocent at the moment.  They also don't need the witch from hell stirring it after what she put them all through.