Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > Twenty years on, the mystery of who shot Jill Dando still prevails.

How Credible Is The Theory Involving Serbians?

(1/4) > >>

Holly Goodhead:
I am going to start up new threads.  Posters are encouraged to do the same. 

A polite reminder of a forum rule:

* Posters are asked to keep to thread topics where possible

Any posts unrelated to thread topic will be removed on sight.  This will hopefully provide a more productive experience for guests and posters alike. 

All feedback welcome  8((()*/

*&(+(+

Holly Goodhead:
It appears there are two aspects to this theory:

- Retaliation for the NATO bombing of Radio Television of Serbia HQ (RTS)

- Jill's appeal in aid of the 'Kosovo Crisis'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuqhlPdRXfc

Holly Goodhead:
Is it really feasible that a Serb(s), anywhere in the world, would go out of his/her/their way to murder a BBC presenter in the UK because she was fronting up an appeal in aid of Kosovans?

It seems from the above clip the appeal was made over the Easter weekend '99 which fell on 2nd - 5th Apr.  Jill was murdered on 26th April.  In this scenario the perp(s) would have some 24 days to plan the murder.

Can anyone think of an example, anywhere in the world, where someone appealing for aid to support some cause has been murdered by some opposing group or person?

John:
The widow of a Serbian journalist, murdered in almost identical circumstances, has come forward to say she is convinced Miss Dando was shot by a hitman acting on orders from the Serbian dictator Slobodan Milosevic.

Branka Prpa, a historian, believes Miss Dando became a target after presenting a BBC appeal on behalf of Kosovan-Albanian refugees driven from their homes by militias backing Milosevic.

Mrs Prpa was with her husband, Slavko Curuvija when he was shot dead outside their home in Belgrade on April 11, 1999 – just 15 days before Miss Dando, 37, was killed in Fulham, west London.

She said: “I think there is a link between Dando and Curuvija. I think they were both executed.”

Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, Mrs Prpa pointed to a number of striking similarities between the two murders.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9120523/Jill-Dando-murdered-by-Serbian-hitman.html

Nicholas:

--- Quote from: John on April 26, 2019, 10:52:55 AM ---The widow of a Serbian journalist, murdered in almost identical circumstances, has come forward to say she is convinced Miss Dando was shot by a hitman acting on orders from the Serbian dictator Slobodan Milosevic.

Branka Prpa, a historian, believes Miss Dando became a target after presenting a BBC appeal on behalf of Kosovan-Albanian refugees driven from their homes by militias backing Milosevic.

Mrs Prpa was with her husband, Slavko Curuvija when he was shot dead outside their home in Belgrade on April 11, 1999 – just 15 days before Miss Dando, 37, was killed in Fulham, west London.

She said: “I think there is a link between Dando and Curuvija. I think they were both executed.”

Speaking to the Daily Mirror newspaper, Mrs Prpa pointed to a number of striking similarities between the two murders.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9120523/Jill-Dando-murdered-by-Serbian-hitman.html

--- End quote ---

What did the police say about this John?

There’s a clue at the bottom of the 2012 article you’ve posted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version