Author Topic: The Bambers: Murder at the farm - Sky Crime documentary  (Read 44511 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: The Bambers: Murder at the farm - Sky Crime documentary
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »
Brett Collins mentioned the ‘mercenary’ story again in episode 4

But there was nothing of him and Bamber having been lovers - when they clearly were at some point

In another one of the episodes - there was news footage from 1985 showing Brett Collins walking off and he appeared to be mincing

He was seen in the first episode polishing his Porsche - presumably footage from sometime in 2021?

September 2016
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/auckland-man-fined-50k-for-illegally-trading-motor-vehicles/JVHA24BQAXIFXXE4D7DIBZPWTY/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 09:51:32 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2021, 08:43:52 PM »
As good a platform as this codswallop... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvnLsdpL08

I didn’t realise Yvonne and Philip were in the trailer 🙄

And turning a blind eye to Shaun Attwood’s behaviour

#daddygate ➡️ https://www.youtube.com/hashtag/daddygate

Both Philip and Yvonne sound extremely deluded
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 08:50:19 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2021, 10:00:55 PM »
‘Jeremy Bamber was ‘like ageing accountant, not a killer’
JEREMY Bamber is more like an "ageing accountant" than a mass murderer, according to a crime author and journalist, who interviewed the killer in prison.
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1496769/jeremy-bamber-sky-crime-series

What does David James Smith think a killer looks like ?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #288 on: September 27, 2021, 08:56:51 AM »
There was no mention of whether Bamber coerced Anji Greaves to give her interview with the Sun newspaper

On the steps of Morshead Mansions, Brett Collins told the Evening Standard that Jeremy maintained his innocence ‘and I believe him. There’s no love lost between Jeremy and his immediate relatives. But his friends, including his girlfriend Angela, will be standing by him and we hope that the truth will finally prevail in what is a most confusing series of events.’ He flew back to New Zealand on 3rd November 1985, following proceedings from afar.”
(Courtesy of Carol Ann Lee’s book ~ ‘The Murders at White House Farm’)
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Rj14BwAAQBAJ&pg=PA317&lpg=PA317&dq=jeremy+bamber+rodney+brown+anji&source=bl&ots=h8PnOFTeYj&sig=ACfU3U25vYTa3CZuagVZ6JIVTldkpqFrCQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjC6MnRs4TpAhWJXhUIHQ3YDioQ6AEwAHoECAYQAQ#v=onepage&q=jeremy%20bamber%20rodney%20brown%20anji&f=false

Brett Collins to Kay Page (https://www.dropbox.com/s/cz3kitv4d4xsh5i/Brett%20interview.pdf?dl=0)

’They were kind of part-time whenever he wanted sex* I gathered, she wasn’t, she hadn’t moved in. I don’t think he wanted her to move in because there were other girls that were coming and going

The lady that came with me and we found the lawyer for Jeremy. What turned out was that her younger sister was having an affair at the same time with Jeremy and she’s the girl that was in London with us at his sisters flat when she’d died and been buried. She answered the phone one day and it was Julie ringing to talk to him and his mistress answered   the phone and that’s what set the whole thing off

About two weeks after this happening, the murders, she was about to get married to some guy she was engaged to but all that time she’d been having an affair with Jeremy. But they wanted to keep it from the press. So nobody actually knows this until now.

I knew her through Jeremy and I knew her younger sister because she came and stayed with us in London in the townhouse.

She posed as Jeremy’s sort of other girlfriend but it wasn’t her at all it was her younger sister and they all went to ground just so they wouldn’t bring any heat on the sister that who was getting married’

There was no mention of Virginia Greaves

It’s possible Rodney Brown - who appeared in the Sky docuseries - also knew about the fake story involving the Greave sisters (Virginia and Anji)

Carol Ann Lee stated in her book,

’After the hearing, Jeremy was met by Rodney Brown, owner of the Caribbean cottage, who had borrowed a white Jaguar
for the occasion. Sitting beside him was Angela Greaves, Virginias older sister. A beautician six years Jeremy’s senior, ‘Anji’ had quickly grown close to Jeremy following his visits with Virginia. ‘The poor chap was on Valium and he was drinking. He had no body to turn to. His relatives were fighting over everything. It was awful, absolutely awful.’ Anji later told the Sun that she and Jeremy became lovers before his arrest and that it was their affair, rather than his with her sister, that had led to Julie being so inflamed with jealousy  that she named his as the murderer.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Rj14BwAAQBAJ&pg=PA317&lpg=PA317&dq=jeremy+bamber+rodney+brown+anji&source=bl&ots=h8PnOFTeYj&sig=ACfU3U25vYTa3CZuagVZ6JIVTldkpqFrCQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjC6MnRs4TpAhWJXhUIHQ3YDioQ6AEwAHoECAYQAQ#v=onepage&q=jeremy%20bamber%20rodney%20brown%20anji&f=false

Carol Ann Lean has taken some of the content from Angela Greaves fake news story - which she gave to the Sun - for the above

Carol Ann Lee goes on

‘Regardless of what lay behind julies motivation, Anji was there to meet him upon his release. Rodney drove to Witham police station, where grim faced detectives including Mike Ainsley watched their arrival. ‘The court bailed him knowing full well why we’d taken him there,’ Ainsley remembers. ‘He turned up in a Jaguar with this guy who owned a restaurant in Burnham-on-Crouch and sat there smirking. I said to him, ‘We’ll see who’s smirking at the end of all this, shall we?’ He left Jeremy at the reception desk and walked up to the first floor. Gathering his belongings, Jeremy looked up and gave the detective a final glance before leaving for a wine bar in town. Rodney and Anji saw him onto the London train later that afternoon.

Did Brett Collins mention any of this to the Mindhouse TV production company or did he keep quiet about it?

She posed as Jeremy’s sort of other girlfriend but it wasn’t her at all it was her younger sister
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 09:36:37 AM by Nicholas »

Offline colsville

« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2021, 09:36:49 AM »
I have to say that this doc was has been a bit of a damp squib all round.

It's just a patchwork of talking heads telling their personal stories.  Any one who is no longer alive doesn't get a mention, so no Stan Jones.

And then there's that random Towie reject that pops up every now and then, screeching 'nuffink adds up'.

The timeline of events is all over the place, not helped by the complete omission of all the deceased people (apart from the family). There's no narration to join up the dots, and there is no analysis whatsoever of any of the evidence. A little bit by Malcom Fletcher, but only as part of his personal story.

I thought the model of the house would have been used so that we could see the positions of doors and stairs in relation to the bodies, and the route that the firearms officers took as they entered the building.  It would have been interesting to have seen the view that the firearms officer got as he peered through the window before entering.  But, as random Towie reject woman would say....'Nuffink!'

I'm two and a half episodes in, and the only thing I'm wondering about, is whether Brett Collins gets his car cleaned by the end of ep 4. The tension is building.

There's one scene where Brett Collins is washing his car, and he say's 'This is the kind of thing Jeremy wanted', and a big smile washed over his face, then he said 'it's ironic'.  When Bamber sees that, his blood is going to boil!  It was worth it just for that.

The other memorable moment was Brett Collins telling the story about when they were in St Tropez, and he looked Bamber in the eye and asked him straight, 'Did you do it', and Bamber's reply was 'You will not believe what happened'.  Then Brett Collins said that the piercing manner in which Bamber answered meant that was the end of the conversation, no more was allowed to be said on the matter.  It kind of highlights how Bamber manipulates people with his intimidating personality.

So now what I've got to look forward to is Peter Tatchell blathering on about civil rights, without a care in the world about the deceased, or the remaining family of the deceased.   

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2021, 09:49:16 AM »

It's just a patchwork of talking heads telling their personal stories.

Agreed

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2021, 09:54:39 AM »
The timeline of events is all over the place, not helped by the complete omission of all the deceased people (apart from the family). There's no narration to join up the dots, and there is no analysis whatsoever of any of the evidence. A little bit by Malcom Fletcher, but only as part of his personal story.

I’d be interested to know why they chose to involve David James Smith as much as they did

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2021, 09:56:16 AM »
I thought the model of the house would have been used so that we could see the positions of doors and stairs in relation to the bodies, and the route that the firearms officers took as they entered the building.  It would have been interesting to have seen the view that the firearms officer got as he peered through the window before entering.  But, as random Towie reject woman would say....'Nuffink!'

Yep - especially given all what Lottie Gammon had said about the model of the house

Lottie Gammon ⬇️
Telling the tale of The Bambers for Sky crime - 24th September 2021

‘I had come into the story cold – I knew very little aside from the sometimes quite outlandish headlines. But as soon as we started digging, I realised that there was a complex, tragic and compelling family story underpinning the case that needed space to breathe.

Sky had originally commissioned 3 x 45 minute programmes, but as our edit progressed and more contributors agreed to be interviewed, it became clear that the best way to really do the story and characters justice was to add a fourth episode. Sky too understood how rich the story was and we were delighted when they agreed.

We initially talked about using reconstruction– but it soon became clear that recreating an entire 1980s farm house was not realistic or particularly desirable, both creatively and financially.

There are detailed – and hugely distressing – crime scene photos. We debated whether we should use them as part of the series and felt it was important not to sanitise a crime like this. Equally we wanted to respect the victims and their relatives by not showing anything too graphic.

As a solution, we decided to make a model of the house as a way of allowing the audience to take in the crime scene and its details without compromising the dignity of the victims.

Our art director John Reynolds went to great lengths to make sure that the model was exact – going so far as counting the bricks on the front of the house and using the original floor plans made by the police. We wanted it to feel hand-made and have texture, but not cartoonish.

We eventually made six models of the interior and exterior of the house which each played specific roles in the series – interior models of the key crime scenes, top-down “birds eye view” models and one enormous 4x4m model of the outside of the farmhouse.

Shooting the models was a new challenge – we shot on a A7S III and used a mini motion control rig called the Syrp Genie which helped create smooth, flowing shots programmed via an iPad.
(Broadcastnow.co.uk)
https://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/sky/telling-the-tale-of-the-bambers-for-sky-crime/5163429.article
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:03:13 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2021, 10:10:19 AM »
I'm two and a half episodes in, and the only thing I'm wondering about, is whether Brett Collins gets his car cleaned by the end of ep 4. The tension is building.

Why would Louis Theroux, Lottie Gammon and co choose to use these clips in their doc but leave out something as crucial as Anji Greaves posing as Bamber’s girlfriend ?

‘She posed as Jeremy’s sort of other girlfriend but it wasn’t her at all it was her younger sister…’
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:15:20 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2021, 10:14:11 AM »
There's one scene where Brett Collins is washing his car, and he say's 'This is the kind of thing Jeremy wanted', and a big smile washed over his face, then he said 'it's ironic'.

Do you think Brett Collins still carries a torch for Bamber ?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2021, 10:16:56 AM »
There's one scene where Brett Collins is washing his car, and he say's 'This is the kind of thing Jeremy wanted', and a big smile washed over his face, then he said 'it's ironic'.  When Bamber sees that, his blood is going to boil!  It was worth it just for that.

Do you think that’s why Mindhouse TV chose to use that clip?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2021, 10:20:35 AM »
The other memorable moment was Brett Collins telling the story about when they were in St Tropez, and he looked Bamber in the eye and asked him straight, 'Did you do it', and Bamber's reply was 'You will not believe what happened'.  Then Brett Collins said that the piercing manner in which Bamber answered meant that was the end of the conversation, no more was allowed to be said on the matter. It kind of highlights how Bamber manipulates people with his intimidating personality.

Do you think Bamber manipulated David James Smith?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2021, 10:21:37 AM »
So now what I've got to look forward to is Peter Tatchell blathering on about civil rights, without a care in the world about the deceased, or the remaining family of the deceased.

I think he referred to himself as a ‘human rights defender’

And Mark Williams Thomas
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:54:02 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2021, 11:21:49 AM »
Mick Ainsley mentioned Julie Mugford and temazepam at some point during the docuseries

His recollection on this story doesn’t fit with Julie’s evidence

Excerpts from Julie Mugford’s witness statement dated 8/9th September 1985

Sheet 5
‘I remember that he said that he would use his mother’s sleeping pills to put on the drinks as she was taking them at the time.

Sheet 6
During the period of my teaching practice I went to my Doctor who is a Doctor REEVE of New Cross, London. He is the doctor for the college. I went there because I was having a rough time on my teaching practice and could not sleep properly. The Doctor asked me if I wanted something to calm me down and he prescribed me some mild tranquillisers. I later took one tablet but didn’t take anymore. The weekend after I got the tablets I went down to Goldhanger and told Jeremy about going to the doctor and I showed him the tablets. I told him I was annoyed with the Doctor because the doctor hadn’t discussed  the problem with me but just prescribed tablets. I showed him the tablets and told him they were big and fat and hard to swallow. Nothing more was said about them and I put the bottle on the microwave in the kitchen.
A few days later Jeremy phoned me at my home and told me that he was going to take some of the pills I had bought him. For some reason or another he had it in his mind that I had bought the pills especially for him so he could 

Sheet 7
‘use them on his parents. This is not true and I had no idea why he should think this. He told me that he was going to take some of the pills to see what effect they had on him and if they tasted in a drink. Although you might find it hard to believe I honestly thought he was living a charade and I didn’t want to believe what he was saying as I didn’t think he would carry his threats out. A few days later I believe it was at the weekend when I went to Goldhanger he told me the pills were useless and didn’t have the desired effect. I told Jeremy that I didn’t like him taking about stupid things and I suppose for about 6 weeks up to late November 1984 he did not mention about killing his family. 

Link to Julie Mugford’s police witness statement (8th/9th September 1985) ➡️ http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=284.msg4962#msg4962

Someone at Mindhouse TV didn’t carry out their due diligence  *&^^&

It's just a patchwork of talking heads telling their personal stories.  Any one who is no longer alive doesn't get a mention, so no Stan Jones.

Why did Mindhouse TV choose to include the clip of Mick Ainsley referring to Julie Mugford and ‘temazepam’ which was factually wrong?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 01:31:05 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Myster

« Reply #299 on: September 27, 2021, 11:45:17 AM »
Do you think Brett Collins still carries a torch for Bamber ?
Well it was dark at 3am back in August '85, but it'll need new batteries by now.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.