Author Topic: The White House Farm Murders and How they Occurred  (Read 48195 times)

Offline ActualMat

Re: The White House Farm Murders and How they Occurred
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2012, 01:25:06 AM »
What I will say is that this is finally what I wanted. To read a factual, unemotional account of the murders on the basis that Bamber was the murderer. I had been blinkered for so long. I have already read things which have started me thinking again.

My advice register for an account here just so that everyone knows which posts are yours.
Welcome though!

Offline Andrea

« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2012, 01:39:06 AM »
Takeshi, thats how it was for me, i became blinkered and wasnt seeing the obvious. I had to stand back then look at the case with fresh eyes, so to speak. I went from innocent to guilty. Ive had quite a bit of stick for it though!

Takeshi

« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2012, 01:45:49 AM »
I will register. The only thing that immediately jumps out at me is I do not believe Julie Mugfords innocence for one second. She was involved deeper than we will ever know. She was a clever and calculating young woman, not the innocent girlfriend that we were lead to believe she was. Of course she played a blinder and we will never know the truth. I hope it haunts her for the rest of her life.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2012, 01:54:33 AM »
She should have come forward and told/warned somebody what JB was planning.
There is no love lost between Mugford and the family. Some are under the impression that they were in cahoots to frame JB. They were'nt.

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2012, 01:55:56 AM »
I beleived Bamber innocent in the 90's, changed my mind though. I would happily change it back if the defence ever came up with anything - but I'm very, very comfortable with his conviction.

Me

« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2012, 02:04:09 AM »
She should have come forward and told/warned somebody what JB was planning.
There is no love lost between Mugford and the family. Some are under the impression that they were in cahoots to frame JB. They were'nt.

Andrea I think it was more than that.  I believe she was involved before and after.

Offline John

« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2012, 02:04:49 AM »
I know you are off on your hols with your son and ex Mat.  Have a good time mate, maybe you will be able to get the ex a companion for the duration.   8(0(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2012, 02:05:43 AM »
I know you are off on your hols with your son and ex Mat.  Have a good time mate, maybe you will be able to get the ex a companion for the duration.   8(0(*

Thanks mate. Just about to go pick them up from her house now and ge tto the airport. Will see you all in a couple of weeks!

Offline John

« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2012, 02:06:54 AM »

Thanks mate. Just about to go pick them up from her house now and ge tto the airport. Will see you all in a couple of weeks!

Have a good trip...keep safe!   8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Me

« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2012, 02:25:49 AM »
I am off to my bed now. Hope to catch up more when the admins approve my account. Good night ~ Takeshi

Offline John

« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2012, 02:27:03 AM »
I am off to my bed now. Hope to catch up more when the admins approve my account. Good night ~ Takeshi

All sorted...catch up later.

Offline starryian

« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2012, 10:27:57 AM »
I will register. The only thing that immediately jumps out at me is I do not believe Julie Mugfords innocence for one second. She was involved deeper than we will ever know. She was a clever and calculating young woman, not the innocent girlfriend that we were lead to believe she was. Of course she played a blinder and we will never know the truth. I hope it haunts her for the rest of her life.
Takeshi, While I respect your stance on Julie Mugford I do not think she was as culpable as you suggest. It may seem that way due to her close relationship with Bamber she must have had some sort of involvement. However, there is absolutely no evidence that she took any role whatsoever in the murders at White House Farm. If it cannot be proven - circumstantially or otherwise - any of these scenarios then it is just a suspicion, nothing more. Moreover, there is no evidence either explicit or implicit to prove that Julie Mugford suggested, coerced, implied or told Bamber to carry out the killings. Even Bamber himself - no stranger at suggestion-planting and pointing fingers at everyone but himself - has yet to suggest Julie may have had a role in the killings. I also doubt very much that Mugford would have committed purgery in such a high-profile and deeply analysed case as this.
The punishment for purgery - which the law courts take a very dim view of - is is a custodial sentence of up to 10 years. I do not believe that Mugford -whom you have already called 'very clever and calculating' - would allow herself to be open to such a charge, should it be known.
Her reasons for not coming forward sooner than she did are plausible and the testimony she gave at Bamber's trial had the ring of truth about it. Since this testimony was one that ultimately decided Bamber's fate, it needed to be  succinct, clear and more importantly, beyond reproach. I strongly believe that Julie Mugford had nothing to do with the murders.
However, what I will say is that she may have known more details about the killings than she was letting on. She was aware that she was in a position that could, if interpreted by some, lead to her being arrested as an accomplice of sorts. Her desire to avoid this probably led her to non-disclosure of certain details that she may have known. Details that Bamber probably told her. Who knows? It is mere speculation as this can probably never be proved satisfactorily. But this in no way suggests that she played any part in the crime - active or otherwise.
I do believe strongly, however, in the power of suggestion. An inference made often enough, and loud enough and by the right people soon becomes an established fact to the listener - Mugford must have known, she is devious, she is a scorned woman, etc etc. However, no-one stops to think that there is absolutely NO evidence for any of this but rather inference, guess work and hearsay. Not something that would secure a conviction of any kind.
I would like to ask why you think she is involved in some way? In what way was she involved?
I look forward to your reply.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:57:55 PM by starryian »
Starryian..

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »
Shona it must be something we talked about the cards, you know when someone is truly evil and you watch them get their comeuppance.

It's all falling apart for someone I know they have had two very bad letters this week

The truth always come out in the end

I'm sorry that I doubted you. We've been horrible to each other, so unkind, for the wrong reasons, when all along it's been someone else mixing it all up. Jackie, you DO NOT LIE.

So what was this all about the Andrea? Or is Shona also talking rubbish, again?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Andrea

« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2012, 10:48:54 AM »
Why dont you ask Shona, Steph? Why ask me?