Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber - Date set for hearing of judicial Review decision - 29 Nov 2012  (Read 9203 times)

Offline frank50

I could give the Admin Court a call and ask them. They may say they cant tell me but Ill give it a go.

Offline frank50

Otherwise I would definitely know the day before when the listing sheets are posted online.

Offline John

Thanks frank.  I had a look at the RCJ website but frankly it wasn't very helpful.  If one person found out we could share the information.  I don't think McK would tell us.   @)(++(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

Well its finally been announced.  The court hearing to debate whether the review of the Jeremy Bamber case should be reconsidered by the CCRC will be held in two weeks time on thursday 29 November 2012.  Thanks to Carl for bringing this to my attention.

Cool. I will give anyone on the Blue Forum 5 to 1 odds on a bet that Bamber fails miserably yet again! I wonder if any of the Bamberettes will actually acknowledge then that Bamber has no hope of even getting an another Appeal? I doubt it!

No doubt Bamber's blog will continue with his fantasies of getting a chateau and vineyard in France and learning to ski! If Bamber does actually write those blogs, he fully expects to nor only be free but to be rich too!!!

@)(++(*  @)(++(*  @)(++(*

To quote from the last commentary by my namesake David Boutflour, it is time that this case was brought to an end.  The family have suffered enough over the last 27 years.  Bamber only lives for the publicity and the knowledge that some of the public are interested in his case.   I say shut him down and prosecute those who have defamed the surviving family.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline frank50

I see that the Blue Forum seems to think there will be two judges on Thursday. Case must be at the RCJ ( High Court) in London then. If its true ( I guess they have their sources), its a good thing. There will probably be a senior judge in there ( possibly from the  Court of Appeal). Makes it harder for Bamber to appeal it further if he loses decisively.

Offline frank50

Posted this in the wrong place

Hearing details for tomorrow's JR . Sir John Thomas is President of the Queens Bench Division - quite tough. Dont know Globe.
At  half past 10

Applications for Permission
CO/6487/2012 The Queen on the application of Bamber v Criminal Cases Review Commission

Offline Myster

Will the final decision follow immediately, frank..... or will we have to wait for it like the ECHR one?

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline frank50

Should be at the end of the hearing. Obviously if permission is granted then there wont be a long judgment.

Offline John

I don't believe we should underestimate the importance of today's decision by the Royal Courts of Justice in the judicial review before  them.  If they rule that the CCRC decision NOT to refer the case to the Appeal Court is sound and competent then Bamber is effectively STUFFED!

When that happens it will be so amusing to watch the blue forum implode.    @)(++(*
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:39:11 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Padgates staff

Its been thrown out.

Offline frank50

Just saw it on the news. Didnt take them long - it didnt even last a session. Bamber says that he has no choice but to resubmit new evidence to the CCRC and hope that it doesnt take them another 8 years. Well sorry to disappoint you old pal but the CCRC will not reopen the case whatever you throw at them. They made it perfectly clear when they published their decision that it was a final decision.

THE END.

Offline John

Its been thrown out.

Well no surprises there then »

Killer Jeremy Bamber has failed in his latest High Court action to overturn a conviction for murdering five relatives 27 years ago in Essex.

Two judges in London rejected a judicial review application.

Bamber challenged a refusal by the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) to refer his case back to the Court of Appeal as a miscarriage of justice.

The CCRC, an independent body which investigates possible miscarriages, rejected Bamber's last appeal in April.

The decision on Thursday follows a single judge rejecting Bamber's application for permission to seek judicial review of the CCRC's decision after he studied the case papers in private.

Bamber made a renewed application dealt with by Sir John Thomas, president of the Queen's Bench Division, and Mr Justice Globe.

Announcing the decision, Sir John said that having looked at the approach taken by the CCRC in the case he could not see "any way" in which a challenge could be made to the decision reached
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:19:22 PM by John »

Offline ActualMat

8@??)(

Offline simon

Sense has prevailed yet again.  Justice for the family.   8@??)(

Offline ActualMat

Someone else here confirm that I'm right about the CCRC appeals. You can't just send them in when you feel like it, you need to have their permission  they need to agree to look at the case again.

Neil said by law they have to. That's not correct. They don't. Once they agree to look at the case, then obviously by law they have to. But once they have lawfully said NO! then you have to reapply for them to accept a new set of submissions.