Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364784 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1125 on: January 10, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »
I consider he was removed at a bad time for dubious reasons and the man who replaced him seemed to do little better. The  Portuguese judiciary system was completely outclassed and undermined  by the McCann PR machine and the UK media

Oh do come on.  No one could have outclassed a sensible investigation.  And The UK Media were putting the boot in at the time, against The McCanns.  So that won't do. 
The man who came in after the sacking of Amaral was just left to clean up the mess.
Possibly more shame to him.  I can't even remember his name.  But he shot back to Portugal when someone in The PJ was leaking yet again, while his back was turned.
Is this any way to conduct an investigation?

And No, I am not going to get emotional about this.  That would do nothing for Madeleine.

It was just a God Almighty cock up, for which I don't particularly want to blame anyone.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1126 on: January 10, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »
Oh do come on.  No one could have outclassed a sensible investigation.  And The UK Media were putting the boot in at the time, against The McCanns.  So that won't do. 
The man who came in after the sacking of Amaral was just left to clean up the mess.
Possibly more shame to him.  I can't even remember his name.  But he shot back to Portugal when someone in The PJ was leaking yet again, while his back was turned.

And No, I am not going to get emotional about this.  That would do nothing for Madeleine.

It was just a God Almighty cock up, for which I don't particularly want to blame anyone.

So you don't particuarly want to blame anyone,  with the exception being the entire Portuguese police force it would appear.
It makes sense I suppose as your not blaming any one individual, with the exception of Goncarlo Amaral that is.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1127 on: January 10, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »

SY don't appear to be making much headway either and they have spent longer on the case than the PJ ever did - far more money too and don't seem to have got any further than excluding Tannerman and implicated burglar Bill ( allegedly)
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1128 on: January 10, 2014, 06:39:14 PM »

So you don't particuarly want to blame anyone,  with the exception being the entire Portuguese police force it would appear.
It makes sense I suppose as your not blaming any one individual, with the exception of Goncarlo Amaral that is.

At the time, Goncalo Amaral had serious emotional and legal problems.  The latter to do with another missing child.  So it is of no great mystery to me that he was not capable.

As for the rest of The PJ in Portimoa, I really have no idea.  But you don't beat shit out of a defenceless woman in a Police Station without any one knowing about it.

Okay.  I withdraw my supposition that no one was to blame.  I believe that Portimao was policed by a bunch of raging Fascists who thought that they were God.  But Amaral only got away with this because the rest of them supported him.
So, on his head be it.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1129 on: January 10, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
At the time, Goncalo Amaral had serious emotional and legal problems.  The latter to do with another missing child.  So it is of no great mystery to me that he was not capable.

As for the rest of The PJ in Portimoa, I really have no idea.  But you don't beat shit out of a defenceless woman in a Police Station without any one knowing about it.

Okay.  I withdraw my supposition that no one was to blame.  I believe that Portimao was policed by a bunch of raging Fascists who thought that they were God.  But Amaral only got away with this because the rest of them supported him.
So, on his head be it.

It always feels much better when you get things off your chest, don't fanny around, just tell it like you see it, it's the best way.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1130 on: January 10, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »
It always feels much better when you get things off your chest, don't fanny around, just tell it like you see it, it's the best way.

Are your comments Sexist?  Whose Chest and and whose Fanny?  I ain't half as upper class as I might appear to be.  But there you go.  You could not possibly know who I am.  And my Fanny is none of your business anyway.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1131 on: January 10, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
Are your comments Sexist?  Whose Chest and and whose Fanny?  I ain't half as upper class as I might appear to be.  But there you go.  You could not possibly know who I am.  And my Fanny is none of your business anyway.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be sexist, just saying it's good to let it out.
And the less I know about discrete parts of your anatomy the better.  8(0(*

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1132 on: January 10, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »

You are reading between far too many lines... 8-)(--)
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1133 on: January 10, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »
Sorry, wasn't trying to be sexist, just saying it's good to let it out.
And the less I know about discrete parts of your anatomy the better.  8(0(*

Chance might be a good one.  But then I doubt that you are any more abysmal than I am when push comes to shove.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1134 on: January 10, 2014, 07:58:51 PM »
You are reading between far too many lines... 8-)(--)

Really.  And who was your Aunt Fanny?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1135 on: January 10, 2014, 08:09:29 PM »
Really.  And who was your Aunt Fanny?

Don't have one, but Bob's your Uncle.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Estuarine

« Reply #1136 on: January 10, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
Blimey it has turned into a dating site 8)-)))

Redblossom

« Reply #1137 on: January 10, 2014, 09:08:17 PM »
Wheres the puke smiley?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1138 on: January 10, 2014, 09:46:39 PM »
Don't have one, but Bob's your Uncle.

Oh Gosh.  Another East End Londoner like me.  Conkney born and bred.  But we were always kind people in my memory.
We never made assumptions because too many assumptions were made about us.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1139 on: January 10, 2014, 09:58:36 PM »
Imagine the scenario, Maddie is infact alive being kept in a secret Algarve bunker, her rescue is potentially being delayed by international red tape and doing everything by the book.
Nah, I doubt that.

Madeleine almost certainly is in another country now.  But I agree, her rescue may well be being delayed by international red tape, and doing everything by the book..