Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364710 times)

Estuarine

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1170 on: January 11, 2014, 01:09:51 PM »

Seemingly nice charismatic middle class professional people do commit beastly acts.

They do.

And?

I would prefer you had linked the four items together rather than highlight one in isolation. Nevertheless; I have read and inferred from this forum that there is a train of thought that says Drs McCann couldn't possibly be guilty because of their status; they must be innocent because after all this time no evidence has been found against them. The Hogg case shows it would not be wise to bet either way. Simple as that !

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1171 on: January 11, 2014, 01:18:59 PM »
I would prefer you had linked the four items together rather than highlight one in isolation. Nevertheless; I have read and inferred from this forum that there is a train of thought that says Drs McCann couldn't possibly be guilty because of their status; they must be innocent because after all this time no evidence has been found against them. The Hogg case shows it would not be wise to bet either way. Simple as that !

when betting its best to look at all the variable..it isn't as simple as that...Margeret Hogg taunted her husband over an affair she was having...she physically attacked him..
I don't understand what your motive is to try and make a spurious link between the two cases...you have raised the hogg case several times

Estuarine

« Reply #1172 on: January 11, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »
when betting its best to look at all the variable..it isn't as simple as that...Margeret Hogg taunted her husband over an affair she was having...she physically attacked him..
I don't understand what your motive is to try and make a spurious link between the two cases...you have raised the hogg case several times

You often start your sentences "I don't understand" ? That is self evident really.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1173 on: January 11, 2014, 01:45:28 PM »
You often start your sentences "I don't understand" ? That is self evident really.

not at all ..its a british expression to express a degree of politeness and should not be taken literally...I have a reasonable understanding of your position but certainly not complete....
  you have said English is not your first language so that is probably why YOU don't understand

Offline Carana

« Reply #1174 on: January 11, 2014, 03:03:30 PM »
Taking the piss is about right.  A gang of burglars????   So bloody what?  Burglars DON"T abduct children!!!

I would love to know who is constantly promoting this shite so I could confront them?

What are you basing this on?

- A "gang of burglars" may be a loose association who aren't all necessarily physically present at any particular time.

- Is it mutually exclusive that a burglar could be a paedophile?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1175 on: January 11, 2014, 03:06:49 PM »
What are you basing this on?

- A "gang of burglars" may be a loose association who aren't all necessarily physically present at any particular time.

- Is it mutually exclusive that a burglar could be a paedophile?

No, but there is no evidence that the perpetrator was either, or both.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1176 on: January 11, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »

Just a thought, but it's possible that the Yard are privy to information that you might not be.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1177 on: January 11, 2014, 03:14:50 PM »
Just a thought, but it's possible that the Yard are privy to information that you might not be.

I should hope they are, else they have wasted an awful lot of money.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #1178 on: January 11, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »

Neither is there any evidence to the contrary, which is why I'm wondering what John was basing his reaction on.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1179 on: January 11, 2014, 03:22:53 PM »
Neither is there any evidence to the contrary, which is why I'm wondering what John was basing his reaction on.

No, but you could just as easily suggest it was a one-legged Chinaman with a squint, as there's no evidence to the contrary for that, either.

Or maybe not -

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1180 on: January 11, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »
No, but you could just as easily suggest it was a one-legged Chinaman with a squint, as there's no evidence to the contrary for that, either.

lol
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1181 on: January 11, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »

True, but that doesn't explain John's assertion that burglars don't abduct children.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1182 on: January 11, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »
Turn the argument on its head.

Are no paedophiles burglars?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:49:45 PM by Carana »

Redblossom

« Reply #1183 on: January 11, 2014, 03:53:55 PM »
True, but that doesn't explain John's assertion that burglars don't abduct children.

Do they? I know you have quoted the case of P Voysey (sp?) who abducted a young girl and that his background included burglary, but he didnt go in there to burgle did he? Ive never heard of burglars raiding a house and also abducting a child whilst they are at it!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1184 on: January 11, 2014, 03:59:55 PM »
Turn the argument on it's head.

Are no paedophiles burglars?

I think the work pattern of the average professional sex offending, child abducting burglar is seasonal,
When there is a shortage of stuff to nick or kids to abduct they supplement their income by busking.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.