Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364798 times)

Offline Mr Moderator

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1200 on: January 12, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »
The last I read in the press about this case (the Daily Mail - hmmm, hardly the gospel truth) is that the police are following up leads that Madeleine's 'abduction' was by burglers. This presumably is supposed to link in with a spate of break-ins around the area.

Well - this one is quite priceless. It is probably even more implausible (if that is possible) than the abduction by a paedophile ring.

Just think about it. A petty thief decides to enter an apartment (no sign of a break in so apartment presumably unlocked, if we are to believe the bungled burglar theory). A cursory glance around reveals three young children in the apartment. Now what would any burglar worth his salt do in this particular situation?

Answers please, posters!

Would he/she/they:

1. Check that the children were asleep and if they were make off with any valuables as quickly as possible?

2. Find that one or more of the children were awake (unlikely if not impossible for it to be the twins as they were sleeping as if drugged as evidenced by not waking up even after the alarm was raised and merry hell was breaking out yet still they did not rouse - astonishing, really). Assuming Madeleine woke up ( if we are to believe the bungled burglary theory) what would your average petty thief do? Are we really expected to believe that he, she or they thought: 'oh, bloody hell, a child has woken up - never mind the loot, we better grab the 4 year old in case she blows the whistle'. What are the statistics on burglars who have tried to burgle a house where a  child has woken up, and decided to take the child?

3. Enter the apartment, find that there were children in there, one of whom was (allegedly) disturbed and think: 'this isn't worth it' and flee.

4. Enter an apartment, find that a child is awake, hide their faces and flee with whatever valuables they have managed to grab.

I presume the McCann's media 'experts' are spinning away but the bungled burglary theory is about as ridiculous as you can get. In fact, so silly is the theory that I found myself once again looking at Kate McCann's appalling book 'Madeleine'. The more I read about this very sad case, the more ludicrous Kate McCann's ramblings become.

Take a look at page 325/326 if you can stomach it. Apparently the receptionist is to blame (along with everyone else apart from the McCanns of course) as she wrote in the message book that they (the parents presumably) were leaving the children alone in the apartment.

This, apparently, was a 'green light' to a child taker.

.....err.....so why leave the children alone, if it were a 'green light'.......where is the logic?!

Then Kate goes on to reveal how 'night after night I read of depraved individuals.......of the horrific crimes they'd committed.....the police went to visit some of them.......'so many child molesters' .......'honest to God (there is God again!) when your child has been stolen surely you are entitled to expect more than this'......

Once again, I am struck by Kate's tone of self-righteous indignation. And, once again, we have that sense of entitlement.

She goes on to write how people can be completely wrong in their recall..........yes indeed.....some more than others it would seem.

Read this sentence carefully on page 326: 'One of the reasons I was so staggered when we were made arguidos was that I knew there was nothing to implication us'.

Well......even if we are to believe that the Portugese police force were completely inept (which I do not) it is still a very strange choice of words from a mother whose child has supposedly been snatched from her bed.

Despite Kate's assertations, there is the simple fact that there is absolutely no evidence (to use Gerry's phrase although not in this context) that Madeleine was abducted or stolen from her bed that night by an unknown person. None whatsoever.

The crucial witnesses are the last people who saw Madeleine - either alive or dead.

Some good points j. rob.  There has to be a reason why the burglar theory is being given such exposure.  Maybe another attempt to divert attention from the real issue?

Offline j.rob

« Reply #1201 on: January 12, 2014, 03:15:43 PM »
Why would she write such a thing? What was the reason for this? And when did she write it?

Well, I cannot answer those questions as I am not Kate McCann. Only she knows why she wrote such a thing.

This is what she wrote on page 325:

"It was here I found the receptionist's note in the Ocean Club staff message book explaining that we wanted to book the Tapas restaurant for the rest of the week because we were leaving our children alone in the apartments. I was dismayed. This was a glaring green light to a child-taker - and yet no mention is made of it in the files until December 2007........seven months' after Madeleine's abduction! I can only conclude that its relevance had not been appreciated by the police."

Once again we have evidence, as if we need any more, that the McCann's simply cannot take responsibility for their actions. They chose to leave the children alone in an apartment every night However it's not their fault that their daughter was (they allege) snatched from her bed by a stranger. It is the fault of the receptionist who really should have known better than to spell out to the alleged child-snatcher that there were three tasty little children waiting to be abducted in the McCann's apartment.

No mention was made of this until December writes Kate, as though this was the most terrible blunder ever.

Or, perhaps  the police did not mention it because they did not think that the receptionist's note was relevant to the enquiry.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1202 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
Well, I cannot answer those questions as I am not Kate McCann. Only she knows why she wrote such a thing.

"It was here I found the receptionist's note in the Ocean Club staff message book explaining that we wanted to book the Tapas restaurant for the rest of the week because we were leaving our children alone in the apartments. I was dismayed. This was a glaring green light to a child-taker - and yet no mention is made of it in the files until December 2007........seven months' after Madeleine's abduction! I can only conclude that its relevance had not been appreciated by the police."

Once again we have evidence, as if we need any more, that the McCann's simply cannot take responsibility for their actions. They chose to leave the children alone in an apartment every night However it's not their fault that their daughter was (they allege) snatched from her bed by a stranger. It is the fault of the receptionist who really should have known better than to spell out to the alleged child-snatcher that there were three tasty little children waiting to be abducted in the McCann's apartment.

No mention was made of this until December writes Kate, as though this was the most terrible blunder ever.

Or, perhaps  the police did not mention it because they did not think that the receptionist's note was relevant to the enquiry.
Did they really say that at the time. or is a revision of events ?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:21:46 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1203 on: January 12, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »

Is the reception note included in the PJ files?  I don't recall seeing it there.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Redblossom

« Reply #1204 on: January 12, 2014, 05:17:19 PM »
Did they really say that at the time. or is a revision of events ?

They said it at the time

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TAPAS_BOOKING.htm

See right at the bottom extract from KMs book

And receptionist statement, reason given at the time by the tall man making the booking, see paragraph 8 or so

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LUISA_COUTINHO.htm

No one has been able to fnd it in the files which means it is hiding somewhere obscure or the Mccanns had additional files in their copy?

Redblossom

« Reply #1205 on: January 12, 2014, 05:20:30 PM »
No front page stories today, but a piece tucked inside the Star...police poised to arrest 3

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic21680.html?sid=ac14f739bc698c5df101d92d6267ec92

Offline pinkblossoms

« Reply #1206 on: January 12, 2014, 05:27:40 PM »
No front page stories today, but a piece tucked inside the Star...police poised to arrest 3

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic21680.html?sid=ac14f739bc698c5df101d92d6267ec92

OLD NEWS 8-)(--)

Lyall

« Reply #1207 on: January 12, 2014, 05:33:04 PM »

These articles are clearly designed by you know who. There's never any mention of the legalities of this request - Portuguese police just can't go around arresting people. They can request people attend interviews, and that's it - unless substantial evidence existed, and if it did they wouldn't be giving these blokes prior notice.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1208 on: January 12, 2014, 05:43:36 PM »

Maddie police set to arrest 3.

by Tracey Kandohla
Daily Star
January 12th 2014

Scotland Yard are poised to arrest 3 three key suspects in the hunt for Madeleine McCann if Portuguese police give them the go ahead.

Maddie's parents Kate & Gerry of Rothley, Leics, were yesterday said to be "very pleased" that police could be on the brink of a breakthrough.

Met officers have established a gang of burglars were operating in Praia da Luz when Maddie then 3 was snatched in the resort in May 2007.

They have now asked for help from the Portuguese authorities with the Crown Prosecution Service sending a formal letter on their behalf, seeking assistance.

The McCanns spokesman Clarence Mitchell said; "Kate & Gerry remain very pleased with the work Scotland Yard continue to do in the search for Madeleine"

Analysis of mobile phone activity shows three men made numerous calls to each other in the hours after Maddie vanished from her family's holiday flat.

A source close to the McCanns said; "This is a significant development."

"It means the police have the intention of arresting and interviewing X, Y, Z"

"we don't know who they have their sights on but it's likeley it is the burglars who had  been operating in the area"

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1209 on: January 12, 2014, 05:47:26 PM »

And if wasn't them what did it then it must have been A, B, C, D......

I reckon it was Q myself,  I've always thought there was something sinister about that letter.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1210 on: January 12, 2014, 05:50:05 PM »

I reckon it was Q myself,  I've always thought there was something sinister about that letter.

Wasn't he the one in James Bond?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1211 on: January 12, 2014, 05:51:45 PM »
Wasn't he the one in James Bond?

Yes, it was him and M what did it.

icabodcrane

« Reply #1212 on: January 12, 2014, 05:56:50 PM »

This is a timely heads-up to X,Y, and Z  though 

Still enough time for them to do a runner now that they have kindly been warned they are  'about to be arrested'

Why is Clarence Mitchell and an un-named  'source close to the McCanns'  speaking to the press about such delicate operation police matters  ?  ...  to what purpose  ? 

Redblossom

« Reply #1213 on: January 12, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »
These articles are clearly designed by you know who. There's never any mention of the legalities of this request - Portuguese police just can't go around arresting people. They can request people attend interviews, and that's it - unless substantial evidence existed, and if it did they wouldn't be giving these blokes prior notice.

It makes little sense....what are they going to arrest them for? making too many phone calls? Plotting a robbery? Raiding flat 5a?

You're right, they would need some kind of strong evidence

Thanks WS for the copy text

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #1214 on: January 12, 2014, 06:11:57 PM »
Maddie police set to arrest 3.

by Tracey Kandohla
Daily Star
January 12th 2014

Scotland Yard are poised to arrest 3 three key suspects in the hunt for Madeleine McCann if Portuguese police give them the go ahead.

Maddie's parents Kate & Gerry of Rothley, Leics, were yesterday said to be "very pleased" that police could be on the brink of a breakthrough.

Met officers have established a gang of burglars were operating in Praia da Luz when Maddie then 3 was snatched in the resort in May 2007.

They have now asked for help from the Portuguese authorities with the Crown Prosecution Service sending a formal letter on their behalf, seeking assistance.

The McCanns spokesman Clarence Mitchell said; "Kate & Gerry remain very pleased with the work Scotland Yard continue to do in the search for Madeleine"

Analysis of mobile phone activity shows three men made numerous calls to each other in the hours after Maddie vanished from her family's holiday flat.

A source close to the McCanns said; "This is a significant development."

"we don't know who they have their sights on but it's likeley it is the burglars who had  been operating in the area"

There you have it.  It is Clarence Mitchell who is pushing this detritus to all and sundry.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!