Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364711 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1425 on: January 29, 2014, 12:06:30 PM »

Whatever happened to "Kate and Gerry will be Assistentes in the reopened Portuguese enquiries"?
Last time they solicited this (August 2007), it was accepted within two weeks.
We don't know for sure whether they really asked for it this time. It's doubtful that a source close to the family would disclose a refusal.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1426 on: January 29, 2014, 01:02:37 PM »
Sky News.

SY are making progress...............................

Spot the cliche.

I do fine it all a bit bizarre, because IF these burgars did take the child, they would know they were being hunted wouldnt they now with it in the press all the time. They could be in Rio Janeiro by now.

I only got the impression the wanted to talk to these men to see if they had heard or seen anything suspicious not that they actually did anything.

I am sure if I was one of these guys, I would be long gone by now.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1427 on: January 29, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »
Unless this all is to trigger a certain reaction from potential suspects 8-)(--)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1428 on: January 29, 2014, 01:11:01 PM »
Unless this all is to trigger a certain reaction from potential suspects 8-)(--)

that certainly is a possibility

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1429 on: January 29, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
it is panic stations for the "bash the McCann brigade"

More and more newspaper reports supporting the McCanns innocence....fantastic

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1430 on: January 29, 2014, 01:24:43 PM »

Where does anyone think these suspects are going to run to? 
They can't leave the country without it registering on some computer somewhere.  And they won't survive long without money.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1431 on: January 29, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
So far it is a pure speculation..
Is there actually any quote from anyone saying that these people exist?
And even if they exist.. they might not be in Portugal at all.. they might not be male at all..
So far there are no facts to confirm any of these claims.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1432 on: January 29, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »
So far it is a pure speculation..
Is there actually any quote from anyone saying that these people exist?
And even if they exist.. they might not be in Portugal at all.. they might not be male at all..
So far there are no facts to confirm any of these claims.

I totally agree. unless they are in jail, they could be anywhere if they exist at all. I just wonder if this is all a ploy.....

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1433 on: January 29, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
I understand that TVI Portugal has reported that the three people in question have worked for OC..

- will look for a link

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1434 on: January 29, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »
Hi Anne,

Can you help me with this.. I am looking for TODAY's news of Portuguese TVI reporting that the 3 thieves in question worked for Ocean Club..

This is a very new info, never reported before..

Can you see this anywhere in PT news?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1435 on: January 29, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
Hi Anne,

Can you help me with this.. I am looking for TODAY's news of Portuguese TVI reporting that the 3 thieves in question worked for Ocean Club..

This is a very new info, never reported before..

Can you see this anywhere in PT news?
I looked and found nothing. The PT press is very discreet.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1436 on: January 29, 2014, 03:25:35 PM »
I looked and found nothing. The PT press is very discreet.

I found this on another forum.. but there were no links

TVI

(video transcript & translation by astro)

Maddie: PGR [Attorney General's Office] has already received letter from the British police

[VIDEO in link above]

by Marisa Rodrigues

The three men that the British police wants to question worked at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz, at the time when Madeleine McCann disappeared.

They made several phone calls on the night of the 3rd of May of 2007. A number of calls to other people that was considered to be high and abnormal. This is what makes them persons of interest.

TVI knows that the rogatory letter also requests for searches to be carried out and bank accounts to be analysed.

The document has already arrived at the Attorney General's Office and will be sent to the Court of Portimão. The diligences will once more be handed over to the Judiciary Police.

It's the second time that the detectives ask for help, through a rogatory letter, for the ongoing investigation in England. Everything suggests that it will be the same inspectors, from Faro and Portimão, to carry it out.

The calendar for the diligences now has to be defined by the police forces from both countries. The British detectives may come to Portugal, but only to accompany the work that has to be performed by the Judiciary Police, on the terrain.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1437 on: January 29, 2014, 03:36:44 PM »
I found this on another forum.. but there were no links

TVI

(video transcript & translation by astro)

Maddie: PGR [Attorney General's Office] has already received letter from the British police

[VIDEO in link above]

by Marisa Rodrigues

The three men that the British police wants to question worked at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz, at the time when Madeleine McCann disappeared.

They made several phone calls on the night of the 3rd of May of 2007. A number of calls to other people that was considered to be high and abnormal. This is what makes them persons of interest.

TVI knows that the rogatory letter also requests for searches to be carried out and bank accounts to be analysed.

The document has already arrived at the Attorney General's Office and will be sent to the Court of Portimão. The diligences will once more be handed over to the Judiciary Police.

It's the second time that the detectives ask for help, through a rogatory letter, for the ongoing investigation in England. Everything suggests that it will be the same inspectors, from Faro and Portimão, to carry it out.

The calendar for the diligences now has to be defined by the police forces from both countries. The British detectives may come to Portugal, but only to accompany the work that has to be performed by the Judiciary Police, on the terrain.
The analysis of bank accounts seems basic.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1438 on: January 29, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »
The analysis of bank accounts seems basic.

Yes but this is the first time ever that any media outlet mentioned they worked for Ocean Club.

How reputable is TVI?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1439 on: January 29, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »
Yes but this is the first time ever that any media outlet mentioned they worked for Ocean Club.

How reputable is TVI?
I think the journalists there are reliable. Perhaps not all 3 belonged to the OC.