Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364634 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1455 on: January 29, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »

British detectives have visited Portugal several times since they began reviewing the evidence.
The review interviewed more than 440 people and identified 41 "persons of interest", 15 of which were British nationals.

I've read this before in the British press. I wonder who all these hundreds of people interviewed by SY were. (If that is exactly what is being reported).

ETA example

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post267354.html#p267354
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:27:39 PM by Redblossom »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1456 on: January 29, 2014, 08:25:22 PM »
I've read this before in the British press. I wonder who all these hundreds of people interviewed by SY were. (If that is exactly what is being reported).

I might be wrong but weren't these the tourists who holidayed in PDL at the time and who weren't interviewed before because they left PDL or were not of interest at the time

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1457 on: January 29, 2014, 08:28:00 PM »
Re mentioning the bank accounts.. wasn't there a GNR officer  who reportedly came to the scene and who had a large sum of money deposited into his account.. and he said he did not know where this comes from???

This was in the media but not sure if this is in the files?

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/06/maddie-case-gnr-suspect-of-receiveing.html
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:30:55 PM by VIXTE »

Redblossom

« Reply #1458 on: January 29, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »
I might be wrong but weren't these the tourists who holidayed in PDL at the time and who weren't interviewed before because they left PDL or were not of interest at the time

That many? Yes, maybe  its a total of all interviewed in various countries who were there that week. SY had sent out ILORs to over 30 countries reportedly. Anyway.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1459 on: January 29, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »
Re mentioning the bank accounts.. wasn't there a GNR officer  who reportedly came to the scene and who had a large sum of money deposited into his account.. and he said he did not know where this comes from???

This was in the media but not sure if this is in the files?

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/06/maddie-case-gnr-suspect-of-receiveing.html

From link:

"Gerry’s suspicious walk

According to depositions that were made within the process, the GNR agents even witnessed a walk by Gerry McCann, late in the night, near the church in Praia da Luz. All fundamental moments to understand what happened to the missing child."

What's the source of that information?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Redblossom

« Reply #1460 on: January 29, 2014, 10:02:26 PM »
From link:

"Gerry’s suspicious walk

According to depositions that were made within the process, the GNR agents even witnessed a walk by Gerry McCann, late in the night, near the church in Praia da Luz. All fundamental moments to understand what happened to the missing child."

What's the source of that information?

GM asked a GNR officer if there was a church close by, this was at 4am and probably what that is referring to.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUI-SILVA.htm

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1461 on: January 29, 2014, 10:12:21 PM »
GM asked a GNR officer if there was a church close by, this was at 4am and probably what that is referring to.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RUI-SILVA.htm

Thanks so he didn't know where the church was being situated next to the beach? I believe him. Why did he want to go to the church at 4am? Did he think it was open? Well it could have been open at the time days later after getting the keys lol.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:26:26 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1462 on: January 29, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
Upi news.. these 'suspects' were identified 6 years ago??? - ups..sorry I think it is the wording that was confusing..

LONDON, Jan. 29 (UPI) -- Three possible suspects have been identified in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in a Portuguese resort six years ago, police said.
Detectives from London's Metropolitan Police are in Portugal to meet with their counterparts there, the Daily Telegraph reported Wednesday. Investigators have suggested arrests in the case of the missing British girl are possible.

Madeleine, then 4, was sleeping with her siblings in the family's holiday apartment when she vanished. Her parents were eating with friends at a restaurant in the resort where they could see the windows of the apartment.

The Daily Mirror reported three men have been identified as potential suspects. All were in the area when Madeleine disappeared and made numerous calls to each other immediately afterward.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2014/01/29/Report-3-suspects-IDd-in-Madeleine-McCann-disappearance/UPI-80901391027950/#ixzz2rpPqj5nG
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:16:49 PM by VIXTE »

Lyall

« Reply #1463 on: January 29, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »
I think you're misreading that Vixte.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1464 on: January 29, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »
I think you're misreading that Vixte.

Yes.. sorry I know.

Lyall

« Reply #1465 on: January 29, 2014, 10:19:53 PM »
Yes.. sorry I know.

Of course that's not to say newspapers won't claim it 8)-)))

Redblossom

« Reply #1466 on: January 29, 2014, 10:22:46 PM »
Thanks so he didn't know where the church was being situated next to the beach? I believe him.

I really don't know how visible the church was from any of the  places visited or frequented by them

Lyall

« Reply #1467 on: January 29, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »
So the Met are back home again now?

It's only January 29th and that's three big PR pushes we've had this year already 8-)(--)

A chap on Sky News earlier (ex-cop I think) said he thinks the Met are bullish about being able to bring this to a satisfactory conclusion (whatever that means). Odd phrase to use.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1468 on: January 29, 2014, 10:26:06 PM »
So the Met are back home again now?

It's only January 29th and that's three big PR pushes we've had this year already 8-)(--)

A chap on Sky News earlier (ex-cop I think) said he thinks the Met are bullish about being able to bring this to a satisfactory conclusion (whatever that means). Odd phrase to use.

Well the whole world is seeing them there.. they are pushing the ball on PJ to act..

And I wonder if the PJ is not acting, then why not? Are these 'suspects' someone that it would not be good to see as 'suspects' in the eyes of the whole world?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1469 on: January 29, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
I really don't know how visible the church was from any of the  places visited or frequented by them
The church stands alone in the middle of an large square over the beach...