Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364741 times)

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1725 on: January 31, 2014, 04:43:30 PM »
If a person commited a burglary and a more serious crime (like homicide, abduction or rape) at the same time, how the crime was usually recorded at files?

As a burglary?

As the more serious crime?

As both of them?

Yes, as the more serious crime. But this is changing right now, and statistics begin to emerge.

Burglars turning to murder & sexual crimes is a well documented phenomenon . Between 31.5% to 45% of sexually motivated serial killers have a history of burglary. It's simply a distressing fact of life.

http://www.jaapl.org/content/27/2/227.full.pdf

And if you include such crimes as rape, the burglary escalation figure is even more frightening.

When DNA from a no-suspect murder scene is checked against records in the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS)3, it often matches DNA from a no-suspect burglary. Review of the State’s first 1,000 hits showed that the vast majority were linked to crimes like homi­cide and rape, but of these, 82 percent of the offenders were already in the databank as a result of a prior conviction for a “lesser” crime such as burglary or drugs.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/207203.pdf

Thanks to Mobyra for these important references.

I believe these are important things to consider. Criminals are multi-faceted, however hard it may be for us to take that in.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1726 on: January 31, 2014, 04:48:09 PM »
Surely if Mark Warner had performed due diligence in its employment screening process, the need for many of the dilegences we are talking about today would have been obviated.

Is there any evidence that they didn't do the required checks ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1727 on: January 31, 2014, 04:57:06 PM »
Is there any evidence that they didn't do the required checks ?

It's a good point jassi, and I must admit I don't have any evidence beyond the article quoted earlier on this thread by a former employee. That is evidence of sorts.

I think it's clear however that Mark Warner and probably other companies of the type take advantage of the cheap seasonal work available, and do not employ their young student-type workers on the basis that one would hope an older or permanent worker would be employed, with regard to pay, training, care to observe the various legal requirements, and so on.

We also know for a fact - on a slightly different but related issue - that MW had no security arrangements in place at the Ocean Club. (This was discussed at length on earlier threads ).This was also obviously a cost-cutting issue, which may have been a factor in Madeleine's disappearance and also in the burglaries that ocurred around that time. MW also apparently failed to alert guests to the fact that there was a level of possible crime in the resort, and again this may have been a factor in certain things.

I don't want to get into a discussion about parental responsibility again; obviously parents and guests have their own responsibilities with regard to their safety and property over and above the arrangements of the resort. But MW's  evident laxity in these areas, in the circumstances, cannot  be ignored.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:59:40 PM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline jassi

« Reply #1728 on: January 31, 2014, 05:05:25 PM »
It's a good point jassi, and I must admit I don't have any evidence beyond the article quoted earlier on this thread by a former employee. That is evidence of sorts.

I think it's clear however that Mark Warner and probably other companies of the type take advantage of the cheap seasonal work available, and do not employ their young student-type workers on the basis that one would hope an older or permanent worker would be employed, with regard to pay, training, care to observe the various legal requirements, and so on.

We also know for a fact - on a slightly different but related issue - that MW had no security arrangements in place at the Ocean Club. (This was discussed at length on earlier threads ).This was also obviously a cost-cutting issue, which may have been a factor in Madeleine's disappearance and also in the burglaries that ocurred around that time. MW also apparently failed to alert guests to the fact that there was a level of possible crime in the resort, and again this may have been a factor in certain things.

I don't want to get into a discussion about parental responsibility again; obviously parents and guests have their own responsibilities with regard to their safety and property over and above the arrangements of the resort. But MW's  evident laxity in these areas, in the circumstances, cannot  be ignored.

Many of the requirements that would apply in UK may not apply in other countries and if that is the case, then MW and indeed similar companies are unlikely to undertake them.
I was surprised that MW were described as being top end of the market, asI thought the  photos  suggested a very basic level of facilities.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1729 on: January 31, 2014, 05:15:12 PM »
Are there any news on Martin Brunt's claim that these were apartments managers? Would these people be the suit wearing office staff or the maintenance workers?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1730 on: January 31, 2014, 05:55:00 PM »
Are there any news on Martin Brunt's claim that these were apartments managers? Would these people be the suit wearing office staff or the maintenance workers?

It's probably a translation thing.  Maintenance rather than Management.

Redblossom

« Reply #1731 on: January 31, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »
I believe these are important things to consider. Criminals are multi-faceted, however hard it may be for us to take that in.

See my post 6 on  this thread

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3287.msg124946#msg124946

Redblossom

« Reply #1732 on: January 31, 2014, 06:18:28 PM »
I am just saying it is possible, and I do not tend to assault anyone..

Also I don't want to spend my day on discussing the useless internet searches for statistical data to prove my points.

Not here to impress anyone with my unusual brains  8)--))

You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise you will be complicit in turning this into alice in wonderland nonsense

Redblossom

« Reply #1733 on: January 31, 2014, 06:21:05 PM »
Surely if Mark Warner had performed due diligence in its employment screening process, the need for many of the dilegences we are talking about today would have been obviated.

Employers dont "screen" applicants as a norm, unless thy are working with kids and there is no evidence MW did not "screen" the nannies

Offline jassi

« Reply #1734 on: January 31, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »
Employers dont "screen" applicants as a norm, unless thy are working with kids and there is no evidence MW did not "screen" the nannies

Would they even do that if it were outside this country where CRB requirements don't exist?

Or maybe not -

Redblossom

« Reply #1735 on: January 31, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
Would they even do that if it were outside this country where CRB requirements don't exist?

they are a British company, whether thy have to abide by British laws or whether they can tailor them / ride roughshod over themdepending in the country they operate in I dont know, I just find it sloppy thnking to assume /assert they dont check employees who work with  children, based on nothing

Estuarine

« Reply #1736 on: January 31, 2014, 06:30:28 PM »
Please reinstate Tannerman and stop this nonsense.

maybe this should be on another thread ...oops
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:34:29 PM by Estuarine »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1737 on: January 31, 2014, 06:34:42 PM »
It's probably a translation thing.  Maintenance rather than Management.

But don't you think that Marin Brunt would know the difference between thee maintenance and management in this case.. or maybe he said it like that on purpose.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1738 on: January 31, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »
they are a British company, whether thy have to abide by British laws or whether they can tailor them / ride roughshod over themdepending in the country they operate in I dont know, I just find it sloppy thnking to assume /assert they dont check employees who work with  children, based on nothing

You know what private enterprise can be like - cut every corner to minimise cost. Why would they go through a process that wasn't necessary?

Or maybe not -

Redblossom

« Reply #1739 on: January 31, 2014, 06:51:14 PM »
You know what private enterprise can be like - cut every corner to minimise cost. Why would they go through a process that wasn't necessary?

On child safety isues? And what costs?  Phone call or email? In any case, methinks the nannies didnt do it!

@)(++(*