Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364736 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2010 on: February 09, 2014, 02:21:44 AM »
Surely it is not only employees who had a key and access to that apartment on the 3rd.

Redblossom

« Reply #2011 on: February 09, 2014, 02:24:25 AM »
Surely it is not only employees who had a key and access to that apartment on the 3rd.

No it was  parents anfd friends too!

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2012 on: February 09, 2014, 02:27:17 AM »
And what about this
The keys to the living quarters and apartments that are under the responsibility of the Ocean Club, and are kept inside a safe in the Maintenance Garage, the access code to the safe is known by all maintenance workers.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MIGUEL-PALMA.htm
Well found vixte. However IMO for cleaners keys were issued by supervisors. And have we left out any other category of person, who had a key, why target only cleaners, maintenance men, supervisors and drivers etc?
P.S just saw redblossom thought of another category, hope SY include on list of keyholders, I do not like all this assuming it must be a low paid portuguese person.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:31:54 AM by pegasus »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2013 on: February 09, 2014, 02:27:36 AM »
Tomorrows  shower of shyte

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/458798/Apartment-key-theft-cover-up-by-resort-staff-in-Madeleine-McCann-case

Not forgetting the previous ridiculous one from today to team tag it seems of attempted child abductiions recently reported so hot footedly how sad can anyone get

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-claims-madeleine-mccann-kidnappers-3127121

Typical UK strategy.. always works  @)(++(*

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2014 on: February 09, 2014, 02:27:48 AM »

What do you mean, pegasus?

icabodcrane

« Reply #2015 on: February 09, 2014, 02:30:02 AM »
Why is it fantasy?

I just don't think there is any rational  reason to think Scotland Yard took park in that Crimewatch programme because they thought the little girl who disappeared without trace seven years ago would be  sat on the sofa with the people who   'abducted'  her  watching it

It simply isn't  logical

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2016 on: February 09, 2014, 02:37:50 AM »
I just don't think there is any rational  reason to think Scotland Yard took park in that Crimewatch programme because they thought the little girl who disappeared without trace seven years ago would be  sat on the sofa with the people who   'abducted'  her  watching it

It simply isn't  logical

SY certainly did not do it for that reason. They needed to justify time and monies spent on their work so far. And the McCanns wanted to get their ideas/ message across to the viewing public. The BBC also benefited - highest ratings ever for a Crimewatch epoisode.  And there is also no harm in making public appeals. The programme suited everyone.

But the McCanns - in co-operation with the other parties involved - may have chosen to mention certain things they believe could have been significant for Madeleine herself. Of all the anecdotes that KM chose to mention, she chose something that included Madeleine's direct involvement with her, regarding something sentimental. That is something that could jog the emotions and memory. Nothing fantastical about it at all.

KM could well have been doing things like this for some time.

As mentioned, this approach is a major part of the Needham campaign now. I wouldn't be surprised, if the current investigation bears no fruit, the McCanns decide to take this kind of route in a far more obvious way as part of their campaign strategy.

Why not?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:41:24 AM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2017 on: February 09, 2014, 02:40:01 AM »
It simply isn't  logical
I think SY are not daft but genuinely looking at every possibility but cant say so on CW.

P.S @sherlock guests
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:42:40 AM by pegasus »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2018 on: February 09, 2014, 02:44:21 AM »
I think SY are not daft but genuinely looking at every possibility but cant say so on CW.

P.S @sherlock guests

You mean the McCanns?

Or former guests?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2019 on: February 09, 2014, 02:46:27 AM »

P.S @sherlock guests

You mean the guests could have made a key copy?
Has the PJ ever asked the key copy shops near by if anyone had made a copy of this key?

But Portuguese police have always believed any intruder would have used the FRONT DOOR to enter, knowing the McCanns would never use it that night. He could also have escaped through the shuttered front window to the children's bedroom. For this he would have needed a KEY to the front door. The one the McCanns had for the Ocean Club apartment is known in the locksmiths' trade as a "crucifix key" - and is very unusual because it has four sides. Experienced British locksmith John Reeder told us the key used to take us into the flat yesterday is almost certainly a copy. He said: "Most locksmiths would not be able to copy it without great difficulty. The one in the picture is almost certainly not the original."
Supporting the theory that the kidnap could be an inside job, he added: "I would say it is most likely there is at least one other key in circulation as most locks come with at least two spares when they are cut. But there are not many keys aroun like this one." http://www.mccannfiles.com/id21.htm  News of The World 11 May 2007l
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:53:15 AM by VIXTE »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2020 on: February 09, 2014, 02:50:43 AM »
You mean the guests could have made a key copy?
Has the PJ ever asked the key copy shops near by if anyone had made a copy of this key?

I am not sure what exact inquiries the PJ made, however I understand that the key is a special type of key that is very hard to copy. It is not the kind of key that you can walk into a shop on the high street with and have it copied. It is more like a master key of some kind that only certain people would be willing / able to copy, and only certain people have permission to copy.

There is a thread on this from several months ago - I will have a look for it.

All in all, it would be unlikely that guests would simply be able to copy a key in a local locksmith then return it to the OC without anyone knowing -  as far as I understand the matter.

But if keys were stolen, this would be something different.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2021 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:22 AM »
You mean the McCanns?
Or former guests?
If SY are checking very thoroughly everyone who had access to apartment on evening 3rd logically their list of people to check must include the current guests of that apartment at that date
I do not think any OC employee was involved in any way.
IMO a small time thief without key opened the window which triggered an accident but thats just hypothetical

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2022 on: February 09, 2014, 02:54:10 AM »
If SY are checking very thoroughly everyone who had access to apartment on evening 3rd logically their list of people to check must include the current guests of that apartment at that date
I do not think any OC employee was involved in any way.
IMO a small time thief without key opened the window which triggered an accident but thats just hypothetical

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at, pegasus...sorry getting tired...

The McCanns were the guests on 3rd

Would previous guests have been involved? Don't think so. They couldn't have known that the McCanns were planning to stay in that apartment.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:55:49 AM by Sherlock Holmes »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2023 on: February 09, 2014, 02:56:54 AM »
I am not sure what exact inquiries the PJ made, however I understand that the key is a special type of key that is very hard to copy. It is not the kind of key that you can walk into a shop on the high street with and have it copied. It is more like a master key of some kind that only certain people would be willing / able to copy, and only certain people have permission to copy.

There is a thread on this from several months ago - I will have a look for it.

All in all, it would be unlikely that guests would simply be able to copy a key in a local locksmith then return it to the OC without anyone knowing -  as far as I understand the matter.

But if keys were stolen, this would be something different.

But there are private owners in the resort and they have these same keys and they have every right to go and make a copy of it. So maybe the local locksmiths would not at all be surprised seeing it..

icabodcrane

« Reply #2024 on: February 09, 2014, 02:57:58 AM »
I don't know what to make of the latest  'stolen keys'  story 

Who needs a key to get into  an apartment that is left unlocked every night  ?